Sign in to follow this  
mrlogik

powerful graphic cards issue

Hi everyone with a graphics problem and glitch,heres how i cured mine. After upgrading from a 7600gt nvidia  to a powercolour ati 4850 on my asrock 4 core dual vsta i got some major graphics popping and flaring really ugly,this wasnt the only issue as arma would randomly crash.

This crashing was really random and couldnt just be pinned to one graphic setting trust me i tried em all like most of you.

After finding my card was a bit of a warm running beast i converted it to a dual slot cooler type called a Akasa AK-VC03-BLUV Vortexx NEO VGA Cooler. This stopped my crashing were arma would just slow all of a sudden to 2fps and pooph crash to desktop. I recommend this mod for any hot running graphics card that you use for arma.

I still had awful graphics corruption and was really peed off with this, i visited the ocworkbench.com forum and found my motherboard has an issue with highbandwidth graphics card from ati namely the 4850 and 4870 as the mobo is an early pcie design [other fast cards from nvidia maybe who knows?] Theres an unofficial beta bios for this board and others with the VIA PT880 Pro/Ultra chipset which can sometimes fix the issue so i pondered using it.Before using it i took the advice and disabled the PCIE Downstream Pipeline setting in the BIOS,to my amazement my graphics flaring and popping disappeared.

This advice is for people with certain chipsets and cards obviously but hey before you crash again check your mobo chipset and card compatibility [just google mobo and gc name with crashes problem],keep things cool graphically as the card makers don't give a monkeys,check your bios settings for your pcie settings with a reputable forum.

Hi everyone with a graphics problem and glitch,heres how i cured mine. After upgrading from a 7600gt nvidia to a powercolour ati 4850 on my asrock 4 core dual vsta i got some major graphics popping and flaring really ugly,this wasnt the only issue as arma would randomly crash.

This crashing was really random and couldnt just be pinned to one graphic setting trust me i tried em all like most of you.

After finding my card was a bit of a warm running beast i converted it to a dual slot cooler type called a Akasa AK-VC03-BLUV Vortexx NEO VGA Cooler. This stopped my crashing were arma would just slow all of a sudden to 2fps and pooph crash to desktop. I recommend this mod for any hot running graphics card that you use for arma.

I still had awful graphics corruption and was really peed off with this, i visited the ocworkbench.com forum and found my motherboard has an issue with highbandwidth graphics card from ati namely the 4850 and 4870 as the mobo is an early pcie design [other fast cards from nvidia maybe who knows?] Theres an unofficial beta bios for this board and others with the VIA PT880 Pro/Ultra chipset which can sometimes fix the issue so i pondered using it.Before using it i took the advice and disabled the PCIE Downstream Pipeline setting in the BIOS,to my amazement my graphics flaring and popping disappeared.

This advice is for people with certain chipsets and cards obviously but hey before you crash again check your mobo chipset and card compatibility [just google mobo and gc name with crashes problem],keep things cool graphically as the card makers don't give a monkeys,check your bios settings for your pcie settings with a reputable forum.

I believe your card is overheating try the fan fix for your card.

http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthr....fan+fix

What kind of powersupply do you have?

Do you have more info on you rig?

x2 to that, especially in regards to PSU brand, model and wattage rating.

Sorry it took so long as id lost the manual but my power supply unit is a Hiper super silent [fan cuts in intermittently type] hpu-4s350 350w,it may sound really low rated compared to others but has a lot of rails and connectors and was real expensive at the time and arma hasnt given a problem since i cooled my GC effectively. Im sure you all realize you get what you pay for in a psu its a bit like just buying any 2.0 litre engine for your car and if it comes from China versus say Germany when you come to use it you may come across some very big differences.