Sign in to follow this  
Migel

Idea for town spawn point.

Hi all, first I want to say many people have done good job in modifying the warfare mission into something better. Even though I have a personal favourite which lies more in contact with my flashpoint background I still test and play a lot of other version because they often have their own vision on how to make the map cooler and they are more often fps friendlier for me.

Anyway good job.

Still i have to complain about 1 big faillure on the map since day 1 and thats the spawnpoint. Basicly I can ( and so probably a lot of others )  keep spawning there and kill players trieing to take it back. If this happens at key position i can stop advances of entire team untill they finally have me completely surrounded. Even being surrounded by 7 ai tanks is peace of cake if u spawn each 15 seconds with full at gear.

If someone chooses to spawnrape u but has noone to back him up he is soon to be killed or run out of ammo depending on your patience 2 show what a advantige u have over a perhaps 5 times better skilled player than u.

In my eyes this advantige is wrong because its ussually used in a way to attack something. While the defenders in my eyes should have a small advantage over the attackers not the other way arround.

When now someone takes over a camp I go to next town and come back when he took town completely or i simply wait outside town to kill him so he cant respawn. Because then i just have to take main camp to get small camps on our side again. But that is ridicilous that its better to loose town completely instead of fighting one small respawn position. I much rather want to trie to kill him and take his camp. If hes better player he should win and cap the town. Now I often tie with a guy that i kill 20 times just to be shot in the face in last 2 seconds of cap .

Or other way arround the guy keeps killing me but I simply take a small respawn so he stuck in town 2 untill he gets rid of it. Which makes the entire story repeat itself over and over and over. Its even possible for a good player to stop entire team advance in this way.

I have basicly 3 solutions for this exploit.

1) The main camp also turns hostile smaller camps ( spawnpoints) into friendly ones after certain ammount of time or each 1-2 minute interval. This forces the attacker to engage main camp or loose his respawn.

2) When a town is taken by your team the time u need to take back a smaller encampment is reduced to almost 0 seconds.

This is also fair since the ammount of traveling u need to do is often far more longer than the respawn time of the enemy anway, giving him enough chances and encounters to finnish u off on the way.

3) BerZerk/ BF2 style capping. Once someone is capping a small encampment the enemy shouldnt be allowed to spawn there.

The zone becomes yellow.

However although i preffer this one since it worked on multiple pvp maps since as long as i can remember since bf concept.

I think with current respawn script on this map it would be 2 difficult to programm. I have already seen that i could still respawn after town was taken simply because I died when it was still ours. Which means that lot would need to change ...(at least that is what noob scripter thinks biggrin_o.gif )

Anyway i hope u warfare modifieders get to read this and feel same way about exploits arround those spawnpoints when fighting human players. And that u will use a idea of create own idea to get completely rid of it. ( Increasing respawn by a couple of seconds doesnt really work )

Hi there i have talked to some programmers and players about the problem directly since there wasnt a single responce on here.

Which makes me believe something funny is going on because most the players i talked to agreed with me. I have to agree some players didnt mind the current spawn problems  that much since they often went airborn after the towntaking fase was over so they dont have as much run ins with players as me. And suggested I'd play same way as them. ( Basicly take towns and if the cash is there get your ass of the ground biggrin_o.gif )

But funny was all scripters i have aproached even the ones i knew personally and/or aproached them on msn or ts (even ts ) went into silent threatment when I brought this story about spawnpoints up biggrin_o.gif (again).

So whatever the reason I dont think its going to be changed soon. Which will be a shame for the ground fighters in same frustration as me, but then again we are not often found using our free time to scripts the maps ourselves anyway so its only fair. At least most scripters i know from ofp and arma like to post benchmarks of their latest bought video card and prefer to be in the air. So guess i only need to complain about 2 high vd and fps drops , that way always someone to back me up biggrin_o.gif

i agree with you on this 100%!!

unfortunately im no scripter and have no clue how to do that work...

allthough i think 1-2 minute timer on switching the camps would be too short.. something close to 10 minutes would be better.

I love the ideas about who controls the town can instantly cap a camp the enemy holds.

I agree, in that respawning defenders at camps make the camps almost impossible to take without really lame spawnraping (on both sides).

Just preventing the defenders from spawning if the attackers had started to cap would fix the problem. I also agree with the other ideas as well.

I haven't looked into the warfare code much, but I agree that this would improve the 'town fight gameplay' a lot.

(And why aren't we able to respawn into our AI? Kinda defeats the whole point of having a team...)

I don't know i like the way it is now.. and i hug the ground alot in warefare untill i get 10 000 credits at least tounge2.gif

I like the ww2 feel of fight them hard and they counter attack and then fight them back, Sure after I played Arma for 2-3 hours im very tired but I dunno its something about the constant fighting and the not knowing if a T-72 will show up or just a lone soldier or a couple of jeeps and a full army tounge2.gif