Sign in to follow this  
gT.SWAT-guy

Police Units

I been working on some Police officer units, since Arma lacks of a any civilian law enforcement.

At the moment I'm using LAPD style officers.

suggestions are welcome. smile_o.gif

WIP - Screens

pd4gj6.th.jpg

pd1xo4.th.jpg

pd3ym3.th.jpg

pd2am6.th.jpg

Here's a release for you guys:  Police Units v0.5

Download

armabase.de - download

Armaholic.com - download

eprision.de - download

Those look great, finally someone has done some regular cops! Maybe you could try and make some Riot squad as well. Great job!

great looking units! Hope you can make a police motorcycle too and a police chopper would be awesome with headlights and a gunner that could have a sniper gun position or something wink_o.gif

Just throwing some ideas around. tounge2.gif

Anyways these will look great in any island. smile_o.gif

don't say that Arma lacks ANY Police units

there were addon of SWAT by one you , is it not Police huh.gif

smile_o.gif

i made 3 Police addons too (Polish < realistic, SLA, RACS < fictional police addons)

you can say that Arma lack of US realistic Police , but not ANY police, i like Police addons smile_o.gif so keep go on with addonmaking of US forces smile_o.gif

of course your US Police looks great, maybe add green Sheriffs in hut huh.gif

you SWAT is also police biggrin_o.gif

maybe you want my LAV-100 to retexture to Police, no problem :]

US Police uses LAV100 as i saw on internet, or am I wrong?

2 Vilas

Your Polish Police units is realstic?

G36 with EOT and PM98

rofl.gif

2 SWAT guy

Nice Units!

They will good witch zombie vs police missions.

Keep it up!

2 Vilas

Your Polish Police units is realstic?

G36 with EOT and PM98

rofl.gif

2 SWAT guy

Nice Units!

They will good witch zombie vs police missions.

Keep it up!

It doesn't look like he claimed they are completely realistic, but almost realistic. "Polish < realistic" more or less should mean less then realistic. I'd say if he wanted to say they are totally realistic it would say "Polish = realistic". Instead he inserted < or "less then".

Maybe I'm wrong about this but it seems he used the "<" purposely, maybe to avoid people jumping on him if they deem it not realistic.

Besides, "realistic" is relative. ArmA is just a game.

Totally realistic or not don't make a lick of difference to me. They are well made and that's all that matters to me.

Vilas,

Yes, many law enforcements in the US use LAV-100. Although not as common these days. The can still be used for certain instances. The LAPD was the the 1st or one of the first to deploy them in the field(mostly SWAT or SRT/CRT teams).

Currently, LAPD still has some ready to use but often as a backup APC. And the have also been used in raids shown on a TV show, either "Dallas SWAT" or "Detroit SWAT". I can't remember which show it was but I've seen mulitple episodes from 2007-2008 which the were used to serve warrants on suspect drug houses.

The network is call A&E(US network, I believe). You may be able to find the clips on youtube under "Dallas SWAT" or "Detroit SWAT" or even on the A&E website.(Stands for "Arts & Entertainment", if I remember correctly.)

Can we maybe stick to discussing the above police units?

Why not waste your PM boxes about the very important facts of being correct or not and knowing best and lets others enjoy what the topic is about?

Thanks.

[edit]

But I will probably be wrong anyway tounge2.gif

In an attempt to get this back on topic, those police units are looking very nice mate. I agree it was strange that ArmA lacked any form of police force by default, and these will fill a nice hole. Though maybe some "generic" Sahrani police units would fit in nicely too.

I'm not sure why he keeps going after you, vilas. You are a much respected part of this community and it really gets on my nerves when he won't acknowledge this fact. Instead he insists on going after you everytime you post.

Is he really 14? I hate to say it but that seems pretty obvious. I hope he really is that age, if not, it speaks volumes about his character.

Back to topic:

It's definitely nice to see some beat cops are being made. Those look well done. LAPD is a good force to model. There's endless posiblities with them as far as content is concerned.

How attention starved ARE you vilas?

Do you really have to post in almost every thread "look at meeee I made one of these [or similar] already!!!"

Seriously, its getting boreing.

DM - if someone says there ANY police addon

ANY in logic and law means "not at all"

They look really great. I always wanted to be an officer when I grew up, but because of a disability I couldn't. But got to enjoy serving in the local police deparment's Law Enforcement Explorer Post, which was quit an experience in and of itself. So as a fan of the boys in blue, I love it.

Some things I did notice, though--maybe its just me. From what I see, the badge is on the right side of the chest, when most agencies wear them on the left just slightly above the heart area. Nameplates usually fall on the left, or underneath (depending really on the agency again, like NYPD has those nifty leather badge holders that hold the badge, nameplate as well as ribbons earned).

Also, in the screens they look blue, but from what I've seen, LAPD uniforms are actually black--if going according to the LAPD, that is, as I realize its mentioned as "LAPD-style".

But other than that, they look really great, man. I'm glad to see more police units put together aside from the usual SWAT. I mean hey, I like SWAT as much as the next guy, but even the regular street cops are just as important. All we need is to be able to mace or baton the hell out of people and a nice modern cruiser (I love the V-Bar type lights, heheh). Too bad we didn't get animals in ArmA 1--would have been really neat to have a functioning K9 unit.

Anyways, keep up the fantastic work. I am eager to see more. thumbs-up.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Yes, many law enforcements in the US use LAV-100. Although not as common these days. The can still be used for certain instances.  The LAPD was the the 1st or one of the first to deploy them in the field(mostly SWAT or SRT/CRT teams).

Currently, LAPD still has some ready to use but often as a backup APC. And the have also been used in raids shown on a TV show, either "Dallas SWAT" or "Detroit SWAT". I can't remember which show it was but I've seen mulitple episodes from 2007-2008 which the were used to serve warrants on suspect drug houses.

I believe some US police forces have old M113s in service. If SWAT-guy needed some, all he has to do is retexture a BIS one and remove the 50-cal.

This is true as far as I know. I believe LAPD, and the others I mentioned from the shows all have an M113 as well as the LAV-100. If my memory is correct, I believe I read somewhere that at the moment there are more M113's in active service then LAV-100's for use by police/tac squads in the US.

I wouldn't quote me on this but I'll try to remember where I saw this figure.

EDIT:

This ain't it but shows some nice picks of a few US police/sheriff force M113's. Check the last few picks in the 1st post.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=86922

Also, often times the turret is removed and a ram is added.

Maza94 and DM should maybe stop hijacking this thread and flamebaiting Vilas. Just grow up...........

@ GT Swat, nice looking units, keep up the good work.

don't say that Arma lacks ANY Police units

there were addon of SWAT by one you , is it not Police huh.gif

smile_o.gif

i made 3 Police addons too (Polish < realistic, SLA, RACS < fictional police addons)

you can say that Arma lack of US realistic Police , but not ANY police, i like Police addons smile_o.gif so keep go on with addonmaking of US forces smile_o.gif

of course your US Police looks great, maybe add green Sheriffs in hut huh.gif

you SWAT is also police biggrin_o.gif

maybe you want my LAV-100 to retexture to Police, no problem :]

US Police uses LAV100 as i saw on internet, or am I wrong?

actually what I meant is that stock Arma did not came with any civ police forces.

And yes I was thinking of adding some Sheriff units, and as for that LAV I would love to retexture it smile_o.gif

Some things I did notice, though--maybe its just me. From what I see, the badge is on the right side of the chest, when most agencies wear them on the left just slightly above the heart area. Nameplates usually fall on the left, or underneath (depending really on the agency again, like NYPD has those nifty leather badge holders that hold the badge, nameplate as well as ribbons earned).

Also, in the screens they look blue, but from what I've seen, LAPD uniforms are actually black--if going according to the LAPD, that is, as I realize its mentioned as "LAPD-style".

Your absolutely right on the badge, I totally missed that, as for the color of the uniform, its actually a really dark blue but in the screenshots in kinda bright so that's why the look a lighter blue.

This is true as far as I know. I believe LAPD, and the others I mentioned from the shows all have an M113 as well as the LAV-100. If my memory is correct, I believe I read somewhere that at the moment there are more M113's in active service then LAV-100's for use by police/tac squads in the US.

I wouldn't quote me on this but I'll try to remember where I saw this figure.

EDIT:

This ain't it but shows some nice picks of a few US police/sheriff force M113's. Check the last few picks in the 1st post.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=86922

Also, often times the turret is removed and a ram is added.

Some interesting looking police M113's on that site, like the Calhoun County Sheriff one with "Have A Nice Day" written on the side.

Swat Guy, I would strongly recommend visiting this site and talking to either Hoppah or Mikes Photos about the LAPD and their units. They definitely know a lot about it and if your looking for some units to add or some realism tweaks then talk to them.

Emergency Planet

Hoppah (no PM'S)

Mikes Photos