Sign in to follow this  
MehMan

Red Alert for free!

I found this slightly ironic.

lolz-1.jpg

But yeah, this is pretty sweet.

That Video at the bottom of the link's page is Unbelievable!

And Tanya's turned Blond!!

From what I saw, There Seems to be Americans, Russians, Brits and Japanese.

This looks like it's going to be better than Red Alert 2, And they've also got some pretty famous actors doing the Cut scenes.

Can't wait, I've just Pre-Ordered it, The First game i've ever Pre-ordered!

I noticed that trailer too. I don't think there's going to be Brits, more than likely they just put Gemma Atkinson in for her looks.

Link

What's up with the Asian forces?

Pretty neat they released RA for free. Pity I just got TFD.

Haven't you heard the story line?

The Allies and the Soviets are fighting a war (Like always) and then Half way through suddenly out of now where comes the Empire of the Rising Sun (Japan) which have built up their forces to conquer the Soviet Union and the NATO countrys, NATO and the Soviets combine together and try and defeat the EOTRS.

I guess you can figure out who wins in the end (Pretty Obvious)  wink_o.gif

I don't like the looks and story of the new RA, but damn, that cast is amazing!

The rest leaves me pretty meh like, just you know, meeeehhhhh, come on EA, spend that money on making the looks right! It needs to look like RA! What's with the mechas?

ugh. meh.

Damn, the download speed is like "omg 1995"... I'll wait a few days, perhaps it'll improve. But thank you very much anyway! smile_o.gif

Oh? Did you DL from the Europe mirror or NA mirror? I got it full steam from the Europe mirror.

As long as EA get it like Red Alert 2 i'm fine, RA2 had such a funny cast.

But this cast does look good, I'm remember the guy who is the US President, I think I've seen the Guy who is the Soviet commander, and The British Commander is Jonathan Pryce, the bad guy from Tommorow Never dies and Gemma Atkinson.

Oh? Did you DL from the Europe mirror or NA mirror? I got it full steam from the Europe mirror.

Yes, both Europe mirrors only have 10-20 kb for me :-/

I also remember the Soviet Scientist.

"You ready to set those Commies back to their Mummies"

Lol, Classic. rofl.gifwink_o.gif

something wrong there - I was hitting 400kb/s on the europe mirror.

Nice advertisement move, i already have RA2 but missed the first part of it.

Downloading now, thanks for the info. smile_o.gif

Edit:

I get 692kb/s form the European server, with Free Download Manager off course.

Haven't you heard the story line?

The Allies and the Soviets are fighting a war (Like always) and then Half way through suddenly out of now where comes the Empire of the Rising Sun (Japan) which have built up their forces to conquer the Soviet Union and the NATO countrys, NATO and the Soviets combine together and try and defeat the EOTRS.

I guess you can figure out who wins in the end (Pretty Obvious)  wink_o.gif

Ah right, never knew any of that. I did some digging *cough* wikipedia *cough* to check out the storyline. Instead of a US faction it's the Allied Nations so that's why there's Brits, silly me. So two reasons to hire Atkinson I suppose. Anyway the story is getting a little wacky:

Quote[/b] ]In the Red Alert games, it is asserted that Adolf Hitler's rise to power was thwarted, which prevented Nazi Germany from forming and averted World War II as we know from taking place. In this timeline, Joseph Stalin is the main aggressor against Europe.

After the events of Red Alert 2 the leadership of the doomed Soviet Union devises a plan to travel back in time and assassinate Albert Einstein (whose own time travels led to the events of the previous two games) in order to change history and restore the Soviet Union as a world power. However, during the mission, something goes quickly and horribly wrong and an "alternate timeline" is inadvertently created, erasing the events of the previous two games, which alters the technological evolution and creates a new, technologically advanced superpower in the East, known as the Empire of the Rising Sun. And thus, a World War breaks out among the Soviets, the Allies and the Empire and is fought with exotic weaponry such as "Tesla coils, heavily armed War Blimps, teleportation, armored bears, intelligent dolphins, floating island fortresses, and transforming tanks".

I foresee an expansion pack. Where the Soviets and Allies get ready to stab each other in the back once the EOTR is defeated.

Quote[/b] ]I also remember the Soviet Scientist.

"You ready to set those Commies back to their Mummies"

Lol, Class

'Jeez louise, it's STALIN!'

An incident that happens and erases the history of the two pervious games..how convenient.

Sweeeeeeet! biggrin_o.gif

Btw... Gemma Atkinson (big boobed blonde. Hubba hubba) from Hollyoaks is in it! wow_o.gifinlove.gif

meh, I hope sales plumit on it honestly, I hope the game fails horribly in the end.

I'm tired of EA pretending certain events in the chain of the C&C stories involving TD and TS not occuring as seen in TW, TS practicly never happened yet they had technologies with similar names, Nod furthered their use in mechanized units but GDI who had superiority and the larger force (TS)went back to treaded vehicles.

And it's nice to see that their doing the same with RA3, going back in time, screwing up the storyline and having it never have happened, its bull****!  What they should have done was worked in tieing TD with RA1 as we saw before, Kane was Stalins advisor, had few appearences but they were important no less.

It was written that as the soviet union fell a certain number rallied and became the brotherhood of Nod while various technologies were lost to the UN which later started the Global Defense Initiative.  

Westwood had the plot fully written out as a large dictionary in a sort of story book, there was much concept art displaying these events as well and EA was supposedly going to follow this plot, but no, instead of furthering this EA screws everything up! C&C Died when Westwood was disbanded, RIP true Command & Conquer.

It's funny how everything is Futuristic and they are still using M16's and SVD's.  tounge2.gif

Also, you can't make comments on EA's ability to make C&C games, The first one they made was RA2 and that became the biggest hit in the Series, But they did screw up the Generals one. But taht wasn't too bad.

EA made what Command and Conquer is today, Funny, Easy to play, Good Storylines, Replayable, Good Imagination,  Red Alert 1 and Tiberium Sun were as boring as hell.

For Example, In C&C 1 and Red Alert 1, They had the same buildings and the same units, How boring was it to have Heavy tanks, Medium Tanks, Light Tanks, and Mammoth tanks, Also the buildings were the same, Power plant, Barracks, War Factory....Boring!

EA lightened it up a bit, Instead of Both sides having the Same power plant, They gave the Russians the Telsa Reactor and the Allies a Ore power plant, They game the Soviets the Conscript, The Allies the GI, Not just a rifle man for both sides, also, EA , due to their reputation as a big company, they can get famous Actors for cutscenes, the latest graphics, all of that.

RA3 looks seriously lame, i just looked threw the list of units and have you seen some of the Empire of rising sun units? a giant robot and a Japaneses school girl...Seriously? I wasnt keen on the art direction and style of units in RA2 but i tolerated it and it was an enjoyable game. But this is getting a bit too out there and wacky for my liking. One of the russian APCs has got a man cannon that FIRES infantry units!!?

R.I.P Westwood.

a Japaneses school girl.

A Japanese School Girl?

it's a matter of fact that Kelly Hu is quite a Famous actress in America, But of course you wouldn't know that.

Imo EA Los Angeles or parts of old westwood just followed red alert 2's arti direction and game design and twisted it around so it went even more whacky and crazy wink_o.gif

Imo i think the game will be blast to play even though even more unrealistic. Imo the old games had a special balance between realism and sci-fi weird stuff but now they crossed over to more sci-fi and crazy stuff.

If you want a realistic rts play c&c generals with some mod or c&c tiberium wars with some mod. wink_o.gif

imo Generals with cwc mod makes it pretty realistic.

I was also a little bit unhappy with especially the designs of units and buildings in ra3 but after reading about 'em cool units with secondary abilities like transforming from underwater to air mode and stuff i read about it on gamereplays.org website i find Ra3 more and more interesting week by week. smile_o.gif

in fact the only good thing is that i can now use red army the beat the crap out of Japanese Empire