Sign in to follow this  
an_enlarged_stomach

If we had JDAMs

On the F-18 add-on there is a Laser Guided bomb, Not sure what it's called though.

On the F-18 add-on there is a Laser Guided bomb, Not sure what it's called though.

Laser Guided Bombs are usually GBU's. JDAMS are GPS Guided... very nice bombs they are.

Ideally what you would need is to be able to edit steerpoints coordinates with the GPS ccordinates of the target and then fly over and drop the bombs in CCRP mode.

Ideally what you would need is to be able to edit steerpoints coordinates with the GPS ccordinates of the target and then fly over and drop the bombs in CCRP mode.

Off Topic, but I too am an Area 51 member over at FO forums... nice to see a familiar name. Plus, that also means you definitely know what your talking about when it comes to aerial munitions and the likes lol.

Yeah FOs looking good so far might be a year or two before its released though.

The Fa-18 also has a JSOW (click on map and release)

and some other GPS guided munitions.

If the GBU is a laser guided bomb, How come it wasn't laser guided in Armed Assault?

The standard ArmA GBU/LGB is laser guided in Armed Assault.

If the GBU is a laser guided bomb, How come it wasn't laser guided in Armed Assault?

I think you'll find that it is.

It's laser guided, but I think it has always suffered problems either related to spotter & plane in same group, and/or problems regarding the RACS side. I know we could never get the laser guidance to work with RACS Domination way back. Not sure what the status is now, I haven't tried it in ages...

You're supposed to use the laser designator with batterys and paint the tgt. The problem is with the delivery as well as the designator. You need a mark on the HUD and a auto release cue so all you do is overfly the tgt steerpoint and then auto release the GBU over the tgt where it would follow the point from the laser.

LGBs and JDAMs are both GBUs. GBU stands for guided bomb unit. Both bombs are guided, just by different things. One is by GPS and the other is by a laser spot.

I've seen I think the F/A-18 has a GPS guided bomb. You map click a location where you want it dropped, fly within fall range, then release. The bomb steers toward the previous map coordinate.

project RACS has JDAMs and JSOWs....

they work quite nicely

I think this addon has GPS guidable JDAM's..or some type of missile anyway. I can't remember it had so many loadouts, just make sure you add a ammo truck or read the readme for the init lines for different loadouts.

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=news&id=768

It might not be the prettiest aircraft addon but for now its not about its looks.

I think this addon has GPS guidable JDAM's..or some type of missile anyway. I can't remember it had so many loadouts, just make sure you add a ammo truck or read the readme for the init lines for different loadouts.

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=news&id=768

It might not be the prettiest aircraft addon but for now its not about its looks.

Any chance of makeing your scripts like for the ammo truck to rearm the FA/18 work for all plains? Would be vary nice and would give an good option to chose your flight planing. You did an awsome job at your FA/18s and the rearm at the ammo truck is just lovely makes it so much better, makeing it like this for all ArmA plains would be just wow vary lovely

I can't take any credit for the f-18's nor will I because I did absolutely NOTHING but test them to an extent, they were all done by Franze and a friend of his named Hellfire who helped with some testing as well and texture work.

And I'm afraid Franze is the only coding/scripting guy in our group and has been the one to make all of our (few) addons unique with what they can do in one package, you'll have to PM him about possibly adding that feature to default aircraft.

I've been scripting fully functioning JDAMs. I have the model released with the USEC F117, scripts to follow shortly.