Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

The Lost Brothers -Isaac and Ishmael Mod

i got a problem with the scenario.i think that lobo_object is missing.

that's what the message said when i tried it.

Also thanks a lot for this Mod.

Yeah I was in such a rush to put out the pack that I didn't test the mission I had made earlier. It unfortunatly has that stupid error from something that was removed. I will fix it and release it again as part of a mission pack that will include several other missions that I almost have finished including a C130 airborne assault mission.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

nice mod  now al we need is a arabic civilian pack with the civs on all 3 sides  (bleu ,res and opfor) just like the civilian addon

The textures look horrible on some units, looks like I was playing good ol' Operation Flashpoint sometimes. A great mod however, just the low-res textures are kinda bugging me smile_o.gif

As I said earlier, that ain't gonna change until we get a dedicated professional texture artist (and dedicated model makers) this won't change other then minor updates that might improve things a little bit.  All of our mod is made up of students and people with jobs or other priorities.  

So I apologize if its not professional.  We're not getting paid so we've done the best we could.  

I'm proud of what we have and even if others hate it, I have a blast with our addons so I'm quite happy with them.

For me that's what matters the most.  If I have fun with them, then its good enough for me.  If other mod team members want to do better, then I'm always open to improvements and I'm always open to new members helping us improve our mod.  

But until then...sorry you didn't like it.  I recommend you try other mods who have elite addon modellers and texture artists.

Honestly what I worry about most is that slowy the modding scene will become so complicated and difficult that it will remain the domain of either people with tons of extra time on their hands (like high school students) and those are getting paid to do this type of work.  

Seriously alot of you out there have no clue how difficult this stuff is for a typical person who is not a scripting genious or graphic artist.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I do respect the time and efforts you've put in this mod, and like I said; the only thing that's bugging me are the textures, but that won't prevent me from playing with these units. You did a nice job smile_o.gif

Thanks we appreciate it if you do enjoy the addons. Don't worry we will try to improve them as best we can. We're just limited in our abilities. I just ran across a bug that I had no idea about on the Ch-53...I think it happened during binarizing. I apologize for the error that pops up when the cargo door opens. That bug never occured before, but I will try to fix that and a few other bugs (like the tracer bug) in an update.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hi

Please Host the lobo_objects .pbo

is not included in this Addon Pack

crazy_o.gif

when i open police sf all the faces of the game get like this http://s528.photobucket.com/albums....ice.jpg confused_o.gif , and in the editor is not possible to use groups directly but needs to select every unit.

Amm i see some weaps from the old laser pack of ofp and that remember me the old great times at that game  inlove.gif

P.S.

someone knows what end did the did the laser team and if they r working at arma? .. sorry for the spam  tounge2.gif

"Why the long face" biggrin_o.gif

Possibly some namings in the model or config are wrong and so it screws up normal models... kinda like the dog addon for OFP that created balls of steel...

Wow!  I've never seen that bug.  I'll  check out the YAMAM guys better (I'm assuming you're talking about YAMAM when you refer to Police SF). The config for those guys is identical to all our others except that they are equipped with the A1 Simmons ballstics shields. So it maybe something in the A1 Simmons Entry tools that is causing that bug.

As for groups...I started making groups and could never get them to work so I got frustrated and deleted that stuff... eventually I'll try again to add in the groups to the config once I find a good template to use as an example.

As for the weapons, I never heard of the laser mod.  For sure none of the weapons are from that OFP mod.    

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Ok... I put in all of the YAMAM police SF and then added a group of regular BIS US soldiers and could not replicate that bug. Did this bug happen while playing multiplayer? Are you using something like the SLX mod (or any other mods/addons) with the LoBo stuff? Most likely it is an addon conflict somewhere related to the A1 Simmons entry tools that we use.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I've had that happen a few times even with the previous packs. Not sure what causes it or when--it's just one of those really weird things that happen.

I think too some addons *might* also add to the factor of when it happens, but don't quote me on that. It's been awhile and haven't experienced it again yet, but when if/when it does, I'll try tracking down what I was using with it at the time and do the good ol' process if elimination to find out if I'm correct on this assumption. thumbs-up.gif

Says I'm missing content that has been deleted when I try to play the mission.  Missing lobo_objects

Yeah the mission has a bug as noted earlier in this thread. Its easy to fix also if you dePBO it and just delete that entry from the addons list in your mission.sqm file. At any rate I will fix this bug and release the fixed version as part of a mission pack soon.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hi Miles Teg,

You may want to check some of the weapon reticules.  At least 2 weapons with scopes were just black (when you zoom in).  1 of the mg's had the ACOG reticule when you zoom in when it should be iron sights.  Hope this helps in finding the bugs.

Hi Miles Teg,

You may want to check some of the weapon reticules.  At least 2 weapons with scopes were just black (when you zoom in).  1 of the mg's had the ACOG reticule when you zoom in when it should be iron sights.  Hope this helps in finding the bugs.

Woe... I've never seen those bugs...the weapons I've actually tested fairly intensively. The only bug I knew about is on the Shipon weapon sight (a very frustrating bug that we can't figure out).

I'll check out the MG's, however do you remember what weapons specifically had the problems with the optics?

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

i toke off every mod but the problem still does exist huh.gif

Is it just the YAMAM units that cause the problem? If so which particular YAMAM units?

That would help me alot in figuring out the bug. I'm thinking it also could be an odd texture that isn't in the size that ArmA likes. That could be causing the wierdness as some ATI video cards are very sensitive to such things.

That or its an undefined selection or something wierd.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

i saw the same problem also on the duvdevan units.. maybe that means there is a problem whit the configurations of units that wear the black  balaclava or headgear .. dunno how i called  whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]Merkava Mk4 MBT still looks badly. Please, retexture it, because it could be a great addition for ArmA.

If you're judging from the screenshot, it was photoshopped so the color is a bit different in the game.

If we find a texture artist who can do a better job we will.

Currently we do not have any official Lobo members who are skilled texture artists. We've done a little texture remapping and some work experimenting with specular/normal maps. But our only total retextures have been by EddyD who was kind enough to do a few aircraft reskins for us.

So until someone volunteers to fix her up, the mk4 will remain as it is. The only update that I might do is perhaps attempt some normal/specular mapping and add in the Lahat ATGM system.  That would be for a future update (addon pack #4).

At any rate, right now I think the Mk4 does NOT look crappy.

Can it look better? Sure, but only if it was reskinned by an extremely skilled texture artist.

I also should add that most likely you will find a few bugs here and there and a few things that could have been done better.  The reason we released this pack now is because almost all of our members are starting school again and will have little time to work on addons. Overall everything works and we just wanted to get one comprehensive addon pack out there for people to start making missions with.  

We also really want to take a break from these set of addons and work on some new addons such as Egyptian and Iranian units as well as historic IDF and Arab military forces.

We'll still provide updates however for this pack as we know that many of the addons need improving.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I judged it because I downloaded a pack and tested it. If I were you, I wouldn't release Merkava in this quality form. It looks more like incomplete OFP-conversion and I think ArmA texture standards are higher.

I also respect your team work for community. Some fresh packs of vehicles and units are always welcome. Hope that next release will be much much better than this one smile_o.gif

i have to say the same as him nice pack but it needs work still if ya like when i have the time ill redo your M60 Blazer and the Merkava and ill have a go at the F15 as well if ya like wink_o.gif just PM me and let me know lads

Quote[/b] ]Merkava Mk4 MBT still looks badly. Please, retexture it, because it could be a great addition for ArmA.

If you're judging from the screenshot, it was photoshopped so the color is a bit different in the game.

If we find a texture artist who can do a better job we will.

Currently we do not have any official Lobo members who are skilled texture artists. We've done a little texture remapping and some work experimenting with specular/normal maps. But our only total retextures have been by EddyD who was kind enough to do a few aircraft reskins for us.

So until someone volunteers to fix her up, the mk4 will remain as it is. The only update that I might do is perhaps attempt some normal/specular mapping and add in the Lahat ATGM system.  That would be for a future update (addon pack #4).

At any rate, right now I think the Mk4 does NOT look crappy.

Can it look better? Sure, but only if it was reskinned by an extremely skilled texture artist.

I also should add that most likely you will find a few bugs here and there and a few things that could have been done better.  The reason we released this pack now is because almost all of our members are starting school again and will have little time to work on addons. Overall everything works and we just wanted to get one comprehensive addon pack out there for people to start making missions with.  

We also really want to take a break from these set of addons and work on some new addons such as Egyptian and Iranian units as well as historic IDF and Arab military forces.

We'll still provide updates however for this pack as we know that many of the addons need improving.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I judged it because I downloaded a pack and tested it. If I were you, I wouldn't release Merkava in this quality form. It looks more like incomplete OFP-conversion and I think ArmA texture standards are higher.

I also respect your team work for community. Some fresh packs of vehicles and units are always welcome. Hope that next release will be much much better than this one smile_o.gif

i have to say the same as him nice pack but it needs work still if ya like when i have the time ill redo your M60 Blazer and the Merkava and ill have a go at the F15 as well if ya like  wink_o.gif just PM me and let me know lads

Yeah that sounds great. I'll PM you with links. I already have someone helping us fix up the Merkava Mk4, however the Magach 6 definitely needs some fixing up as it has the wrong type of Coupola. If you want I'll RAR up the current Magach 6 MLOD as well as our old OFP models (which include the correct coupola). In the old models is also the Magach 7C with the heavily up-armored turret and chassis.

So if you want a really cool project, that would be awesome to have the massive Magach 7C in the game.

At any rate I'll PM you with the links as soon as I get them packed up.

The F-15 needs some work, but for right now it doesn't have top priority.

Thanks everyone for the assistance!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

No probs m8 iw os going to ask for the p3d model for the m60 whistle.gif ill have a go at redoin the Blazer ERA on the tank just pm the links to all of it and ill have a go at it for ya iv got the plans for my model of it still so ill have a good go it and iv got a 3ds max mesh as well

wink_o.gif

Sorry Miles Teg,

I went back in ArmA and checked which mods I had active.  I had Aimpoint's desert weapons activated without me realizing it. The Negev iron sight works and so do the other weapons optics.  

I am getting this message though.

[No entry  'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/MGunClouds.scope'.]  No idea why.

and when I'm in editor mode using island Syr Darain, says;

[Cannot open object usec_rig_a\oilrig_derrick.p3d]

Looks like I need to add usec oilrig pbo from Alex Sworn's mod.