Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

The Lost Brothers -Isaac and Ishmael Mod

Miles will the modern armour pack take long b4 it is released,and the hezbollah jeep with the spg9 or the b10 mount on it willit b released also with the other addons thanx

Negative. I haven't started the Hezbollah SPG-9 jeep so their won't be any hezbollah stuff. Really they haven't been updated at all. So I'm afraid for ArmA, players will have to suffice with the version from the addon pack #3. Eventually, they will be developed further for ArmA 2 however.

Oh I forgot to say thanks to Col. Faulkner and yeah Colonel, we'll be releasing the Centurion. We have a nice new model frm the BF2 guys that I'm just fixing up as the tracks textures are messed up and the external commander's proxy still needs to be implemented properly. Other then that it works fine.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hello my friends, when get donw this mission, and try to open it gives me error, tells me I need the vercion 1.08,can you help please, because i like play with a f15 thank....

Oh I forgot to say thanks to Col. Faulkner and yeah Colonel, we'll be releasing the Centurion. We have a nice new model frm the BF2 guys that I'm just fixing up as the tracks textures are messed up and the external commander's proxy still needs to be implemented properly. Other then that it works fine.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

wow, that would be nice to see centurion in Arma.

my father was a shot-kal (diesel centurion) company commander in the 433rd reserve battalion of the 500th armor Brigade in the 73 war, he was figthing in sinai and also was in the ambush in suez city and almost got killed there.

he always tells me he still remember the tank like is it was yesterday lol.

it will be nice to show him the tank in a game lol.

o, from what BF2 mod you take the model?

Edited by Cpt. Horin

to start i have to say i cant post here without saying how crucial your addons are. unfortunatly i dont plan on trying arma 2 because im almost sure i cant get what i want out of it. so i dont expect addon makers to keep making arma addons. sorry for the confusion but are you talking about the centurion apc or a centurion battle tank? i understand you already answered about the puma but the responses lately have confused me. i appreciate your response. :happyagentSmith:

wow, that would be nice to see centurion in Arma.

my father was a shot-kal (diesel centurion) company commander in the 433rd reserve battalion of the 500th armor Brigade in the 73 war, he was figthing in sinai and also was in the ambush in suez city and almost got killed there.

he always tells me he still remember the tank like is it was yesterday lol.

it will be nice to show him the tank in a game lol.

o, from what BF2 mod you take the model?

You'll be happy to know that the Centurion is working perfectly and looks truly AMAZING watching them charging towards the enemy.

Now if only I could find a good map maker to convert our old Sinai map from OFP or make a new one for use in ArmA 2 (where LoBo will continue to develop).

But at any rate, the Centurion is also one of my favorite tanks! Truly one of the best tanks ever made in every category you can measure for its time. Even today, when uparmored, it's still a tank to be reckoned with.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

---------- Post added at 07:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 AM ----------

to start i have to say i cant post here without saying how crucial your addons are. unfortunatly i dont plan on trying arma 2 because im almost sure i cant get what i want out of it. so i dont expect addon makers to keep making arma addons. sorry for the confusion but are you talking about the centurion apc or a centurion battle tank? i understand you already answered about the puma but the responses lately have confused me. i appreciate your response. :happyagentSmith:

The Centurion "based" APC's are not called Centurions. The Puma is an example of one of those. We have our old one from OFP converted but honestly its a crappy model. We have a new model that is much more accurate and textured much better, however it still needs alot of work and probably won't be released for ArmA (but rather in ArmA 2).

The Centurion I spoke of is the Centurion tank. This tank WILL be in the historic armor pack for ArmA 1. It is almost ready. I only have some small texture problems to fix in the M3 and its ready. I just finished the readme file and just need to do one more quick test of all the units.

It will include:

IDF Isherman tanks including- M4A1 Shemrman, M50 Super Sherman, M51 Isherman, & M60 Isherman.

Egyptian T-34/85 tanks (green and tan with normal and Guard units).

IDF Centurion Sho't MBT

T-55 (Egyptian and Syrian)

T-62 (Egyptian)

IDF AMX-13 light tank

BTR-152 (Egyptian and Syrian)

IDF M3 Halftrack

Also included will be ammo and texture pbo files shared by some of these tanks.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Miles, what differences between syrian and egyptian T-55 will be? And may you add syrian T-62 also?

The main difference between the Syrian and Egyptian T-55 is that the Syrian version has cammo stripes on it and has a Syrian crew. As for the T-62, I'm not sure if its worth making a Syrian version as its kinda buggy as far as engaging targets. I even had a tank addon making expert take a look at it and he couldn't figure out what's wrong with it sadly. It engages enemy, but only once in awhile. :(

As for the MRAP, I'm not sure if it will make it into ArmA 1 as I'm having serious issues getting the cargo proxies to show up for some wierd reason. The MRAP is low priority as the Golan is not even operational within the IDF except on an experimental basis (kinda like how the Strykers were used during the last Gaza offensive). Higher priority is getting the modern armor updates fully operational and released followed by our aircraft updates and Syrian infantry updates.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

We made spectacular Lebanon and Sinai maps in OFP, but sadly we were never able to find anyone to port them over to ArmA. However we have not lost hope as people have ported Everon from OFP to ArmA II. So I'm looking everywhere for a really hardcore map maker who is able to port over our Sinai and Lebanon maps over to ArmA II and perhaps update them with the new ArmA II buildings, objects, and sand textures. That would be super awesome! We also had an amazing Iran/Iraq map that I thought was one of the best maps ever made in OFP. It even had the swamps outside of Basra were so many historic battles took place along with beautiful Shi'a mosques, winding roads high in the mountains, beautiful cities, deserts, snow capped mountains, forests, and even a hidden nuclear power plant.

LoBoIranIraqMap19.jpg

LoBoIranIraqMap20.jpg

LoBoIranIraqMap5.jpg

LoBoIranIraqMap21.jpg

LoBoIranIraqMap11.jpg

Sadly however, so far the only one of our maps that got ported to ArmA was the 76 Easting map in the ACE islands pack.

If anyone knows any good map makers who know how to port maps, tell them to contact us if they want to port over some of the finest Middle East maps ever made for OFP.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

The main difference between the Syrian and Egyptian T-55 is that the Syrian version has cammo stripes on it and has a Syrian crew. As for the T-62, I'm not sure if its worth making a Syrian version as its kinda buggy as far as engaging targets. I even had a tank addon making expert take a look at it and he couldn't figure out what's wrong with it sadly. It engages enemy, but only once in awhile. :(

Do you have that problem with T-62 only?

Oh actually after checking the T-62 again, I did make a Syrian version. Also I have this problem with the T-62 as well as the new Mk3 tank, however I think they're caused by slightly different problems. The T-62 turret turns way too fast despite me sticking a bunch of stuff into the config to control the rotation speed. Something else is causing it. With the Merkava Mk3, the point of aim for a player gunner works great, but for some reason the AI point of aim is off and the AI thus won't properly lock onto an enemy target to engage. Very bizarre problems. I'm going to try one more thing with the T-62 by looking at the mass on the geometry LOD for the turret section to see if maybe thats causing the problem.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

miles you make a merkeva 3 and 2?and puma?

Yes the updated pack will have the Merkava Mk1, Mk2, Mk3, and Mk4. The Puma we ported over from OFP but its very poor quality. We have a new MUCH better model, however it needs alot of work and will not be in ArmA 1.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Yup, I agree, but sadly we could never find anyone to convert them from OFP.

Great work guys! Looking forward to the release of the armor pack. Any news about the syrian air pack? The Tu-22 looks fantastic.

Finally I got around to finishing up what I could on the historic armor pack and fixing everything up as best I could. This is not a fancy pack. In fact some of the addons (AMX13 and Super Frelon) are downright crude looking. However it's still something and something is better then nothing. Plus, some of the addons due to the excellent work of the original addon makers and the addons they are based on, are quite nice. The Ishermans are good examples. You can even seat four infantry on the rear of all of the Ishermans.

At any rate here's the stuff from the readme file:

Thank you for downloading the Lost Brothers Mod historic armor pack. This pack includes the following tanks:

______

IDF Armor:

IDF Isherman tanks including- M4A1 Shemrman, M50 Super Sherman, M51 Isherman, & M60 Isherman.

IDF AMX-13 light tank

IDF Centurion Sho't MBT

IDF M3 Halftrack

_________

Egyptian Armor:

Egyptian T-34/85 tanks (green and tan with normal and Guard units).

T-55 (Egyptian and Syrian)

T-62 (Egyptian)

BTR-152 (Egyptian and Syrian)

Also included are ammo and texture pbo files shared by some of these tanks.

BONUS ADDON: SUPER FRELON transport helicopter

Updated- Syrian pack requirement added 12/17/090

Addons required:

Historic IDF infantry pack-

http://www.idfsquad.com/downloads/milesteg/LoBoHistoricIDF.7z

Modern/Historic Egyptian infantry pack-

http://www.idfsquad.com/downloads/milesteg/LoBo_EgyptianInfantry.7z

Vilas Weapons pack for our historic and modern infantry units-

http://www.idfsquad.com/downloads/milesteg/VilasWeaponsPacksForLoBoInfantry.7z

For some Syrian armor, crew from the original Syrian pack is needed which you can find here:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2840

Known bugs (sorry I just don't have time to fix them and yes I did actually try to fix them):

1. T62 does not always engage because turret moves too fast and possibly some other related issue.

2. Transparent textures on Super Frelon and a few parts of the interior views on some tanks.

3. Passengers proxies don't work quite right on th Super Frelon armed with the 20mm door gun (you can see other passengers when sitting inside or looking from the outside).

4. Tracks don't turn on M3 halftrack but the wheels turn (game engine limitation).

Credits:

Sherman tanks- Original base model by Sturmtiger, models and textures modified into Isherman variants by Calm Terror. These tanks were converted to ArmA by JFK15.

T-34 Tanks- Original base model by Steam, textures modified by Calm Terror and converted to ArmA by FJK15. Further work done on them by Miles Teg<GD> and I think also Namman2.

BTR-152- Original model by RHS (from OFP not their new model). Converted to ArmA by JFK15 and modified by Miles Teg<GD>.

M3 Halftrack- Model is the I44 Mod's old OFP version (not their new one). Textures modified by Calm Terror and further modified by Miles Teg<GD>. It was converted to ArmA by JFK15.

AMX-13 tank- Model is from the Singapore Defense Mod's old OFP model. Converted to ArmA by JFK15 and modified further by Miles Teg<GD>

T-62 tank- From the BF2 Fight for Independence Mod (with their permission). Converted for ArmA by Namman2 and further modified by Miles Teg<GD>.

T-55 tank- Originally from Rygugu (who is a super nice guy by the way) with textures modified by Namman2 and the Syrian variant further modified by Miles Teg<GD>

Centurion tank- From the BF2 Fight for Independence Mod (with their permission). Converted for ArmA by Namman2 and further modified by Miles Teg<GD>.

Super Frelon helicopter- Model and textures by Bizaroid, modifed by Miles Teg<GD> into the IDF version. Converted from OFP by JFK15.

HISTORIC ARMOR PACK DOWNLOAD LINK:

UPDATED 12/17/09

http://www.idfsquad.com/downloads/milesteg/HistoricArmor1_3.7z

Pics:

M3 Halftrack

LoBo_M3halftrack1.jpg

IDF Centurion Sho'T MBT

LoBo_Centurion1.jpg

M-51 Isherman tank & AMX-13

LoBo_Sherman_2.jpg

IDF Super Frelon Transport helicopter

LoBo_SuperFrelon1.jpg

I hope you all enjoy this pack along with the Historic IDF and Arab infantry released earlier.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Team Leader of the Lost Brothers Mod

Edited by Miles Teg

Few more pics:

Syrian T-62 MBT

LoBo_T62syrian1.jpg

Syrian T-34/85 tank

LoBo_T34syrian1.jpg

Egyptian BTR-152 APC

LoBo_Egypt_BTR152_1.jpg

Wow!

Nice work Miles.

was wondering about history of how the country got the M3 halftrack and the Sherman tank, was that sold to them by the USA after WW2?