Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

The Lost Brothers -Isaac and Ishmael Mod

I think we hav one that was converted along with our old OFP arty, but the only bad thing is that it would only work as a very large tank and not as a working artillery piece. So basically it would just be an assault-gun.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

you can show me the mods you made for ofp?all of them.. i try to find this 2 days..

Negative. We never released the historic mod in OFP. However the M109 and other arty pieces are all part of Addon Pack #3. You can find all of our OFP addons here:

http://www.thelostbrothers.com/addons.php

Our OFP mod is HUUUUUGE!!!! Sadly few people played it. But it is very complete with a massive range of vehicles and units. Our artillery (including the M109 and MRLS) also workes with the first version (1.0) of the CoC UA (united artillery) system.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Well... guess I was one of the few that enjoyed it back then. :cool: What a great mod it was. :thumb:

It was a superb addon back then every detail was available from the police units 2 the military it was really amazing and so will the next update also on arma when our great team models release it sooon,u guys r the best

Its coming its coming... I just worked on the fixing up the Syrian units today and have the Egyptian Gazelle gunships and the Seaking and Commando II helicopters all working (aside from the torpedo on the Seaking which we may not be able to get working until later in ArmA II). We're just finishing up the updates on our Magach tanks, Merkava tanks, and the IDF infantry and weapons updates should be done soon.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

hehe we so wait for this!:D

Try looking at GNATs submarines and how he enabled the torpedoes.

Basically the set a weapon whose ammo lasted a very, very short time (timetolive value very, very short) and added a "fired" eventhandler which activated the mando missile scripts, thus creating the torpedo.

Ypu can do the same with a helicopter.

If you add a very long time (8-10 seconds) in the Mando missile "time to activation" field of the torpedo weapon you will have a torpedo that falls from the helicopter, waits a couple of seconds in the water and then starts moving against the target.

There will be a couple of problems sinchronizing the weapon proxy dissapearance and the spawning of the weapon (and also the point where the torpedo is being spawned) but the overall effect will be the one you want.

Hope it helps

That helps a little, but honestly I suck horribly at config work and right now I just want to get everything out the door. If we have time we'll see about getting it to work and I might mess around with the Mando torpedoes. If Jewish Freak gets the IDF infantry and weapons pack updated soon, I'll see if he can figure it out as he's better at configs. Namman2 is great at config work but he's really busy with getting all the armor working and will be busy helping me get the aircraft fully de-bugged (a big project).

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

In the historic mod you gonna make also new maps?(like lebanon or sinei)..

Sadly no. We were never able to find a map maker...well we did once, but he was just beginning and now that he's better at it, he's doing his own stuff. Finding a good map maker for a mod is VERY hard sadly.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I wonder who that person could be.....if you need help at something i can try :)

Well its a difficult project... importing the Lost Brothers Sinai map but using the objects from the Afghani map to substitute for the old objects in OFP... Although we did get permission to use the AGS buildings, but we never got around to converting those.

Having satellite terrain textures on it would be even better, but not necessary. There are probably alot of BIS objects (like umbrellas and stuff on the beach towns in Sahrani) that could be used for the beach areas of Sharm al-Sheik and the one other tourist town on the Sinai. Eilat would be the most difficult area to model as its a large city. There are also some bridges on the map. The one going over to the Egyptian mainland from the Sinai (across the Suez canal) could be removed perhaps. Another option is for a Sinai map to be made from scratch. It should just have a portion of Israel, the Sinai area, and the Suez canal area much like the original. It obviously would not be to actual scale... but still if you see how we did it in OFP, you'll see that we made a decent approximation.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Edited by Miles Teg

miles will u release the pack 4 addons b4 the historic pack or is it gonna b all the pack 2gather

It will be seperate although some of the historic stuff overlaps with the modern stuff.

For example some of the tanks like the T-55 are still used. Also the modern Egyptian infantry units will also have the historic Egyptian infantry units with them in the same .pbo file. I might just release everything together as really very little needs to be fixed up on the historic stuff. I'm just worried about the file size.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD.

We're still having trouble with the IDF infantry which for some reason doesn't want to binarize properly on my computer, but then on Jewish Freak's computer it won't generate the signature file using our private key. So we're trying to sort that out as that is a major poblem.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

when you finish the mod?