Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

The Lost Brothers -Isaac and Ishmael Mod

thx i wait for this so muce!

wow this mod keeps getting better all the way wow:bounce3: Any chance of makeing an fast rope script added to ya choppers? Also iv just seen that an UH1 has been out now any plans of remodeling it? Iv been gone for an min just started to see new stuff on the forums in the addon complete section. An new AH-64 just seen too lol wow ya gots to get that bad boy in the next update:bounce3: Love the work Miles keep it up.

If someone lets us use a rapelling script we'll use it. We do have the UH-1N helicopters in the mod. They are actually no longer used, however they are part of our historic pack as they played key roles from the Yom Kippur War into the mid 1990's. But realistically, they will probably not have that script until later in ArmA II (unless we can quickly add it in).

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Negative. We're just trying to finish things as we have time to do it. Real life sucks....it's always getting in the way of ArmA time. :(

But thank God I'm not a World of Warcraft geek.... I'm an ARMA GEEK! HOOOOAH!

:)

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Not at the moment. We're working on the IDF infantry, infantry weapons, T-55, SA-2, & Mi-24 right now. I'm also trying to finalize the Taliban pack but things are going slow at the moment for our mod because everyone's in school and has exams at this time. I've also been busy looking for a new job and having to deal with alot of other issues. But things are still chugging along. I'll post some screenshots of stuff as soon as we got something new. You'll love the SA-2 SAMs. That one we plan on releasing it to the public for all mods to use as they like in both binarized and MLOD format so that other addon makers can use it as a template to make different types of stationary SAM's. We're just ironing out a few bugs and improving it at the moment.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Edited by Miles Teg

Here's a nice little pic of our Syrian Mi-24 Hind (D & F models) that I just finished up a few minutes ago. Thanks to EricM and RockOfSL for providing to us these magnificent helicopter gunships.

LoBo_Mi24_1.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

very nice

the historic mod is out with all?

oh very nice work guys, they look great :)

IDF1: No the historic mod isn't out yet. Part of the upcoming Addon Pack #4 will have parts of the historic stuff that overlaps with the modern period. The full historic pack will then be released shortly afterwards.

Eble: Thanks, although the above is mostly all RockOfSL's and EricM's work. All I did was add the roundel and some Arabic numbers (that you can see because of the sun shining on the metal just below the pilot's cockpit). I also changed all the class names and repathed all the textures to avoid any conflicts with the original and also gave them Syrian pilots. I may change the default BIS sounds although honestly, the BIS Mi-8 helicopter sound is really good. But the real-life Mi-24 is a noisy beast. It sounds kinda like that annoying AH-64 apache sound in ACE. lol.

But I'll probably change the gun sounds to a modified vulcan sound on the 12.7mm gattling and some kind of nice heavy auto-cannon sound for the 23mm.

We might try adding a few more weapon types as well. It would be cool if I can figure out how to put bombs or submunitions (maybe land mines) on one version.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Edited by Miles Teg

miles r u gonna add the allah akbar sounds in hezbollah soldiers when they fire and rpg or the sa7 coz in real life thats what they do and it will sound realistic

Yeah I will add that as I did to the Taliban.

i so wait to the historic mod :D!!!!

Can you please fix the face melting bug in your units.

Ses ACE fix for it - thanks to Squelch.

Cheers!

Could you be more specific kju? Are you talking about our Taliban? That's on a different thread as its more of a side-project. If you are talking about the IDF or Syrian units, those are being overhauled. The link you sent was a bit confusing. I didn't see the exact solution. Only some stuff about not overwriting the base classes which is something that we already did with the Taliban pack and need to fix on our IDF, Egyptians, and Syrians (and historic pack infantry).

However right now ACE compatibility is not high priority as it will take a LONG time to make our entire mod ACE compatible.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Edited by Miles Teg

Hi Miles, the melting face bug was one of those problems that affected other units and not the units that caused the problem. This led to wild goose chases and much speculation, so the linked topic may not be as clear as it could be. It is a very obscure bug indeed, and only happens under certain circumstances.

The problem was eventually tracked down to a mismatch in names between the model selections (p3d) and the names of skeletetonbones in model.cfg.

Eg

loboci != lBrow

soboci != mBrow

poboci != rBrow

For most of the time the engine probably uses a previous or parent inheritance, and the problem does not appear.

If a sever is started with the -host and -world = empty command line options, every other unit suffers from severe distortion, dubbed as "face melt".

The moral of the story is;

skeletonbones in model.cfg must match selection names in the model.

Cheers

Squelch

Ouch... we have a massive number of infantry models... I'll try to see if I can find the mismatched name, but no promises. It may be due also to unused selection names as well... but I don't look forward to accidentally deleting the wrong selection names. Apparently ArmA is case sensitive which is the main problem we had.

The Taliban also have the same problem.

:(

Is the -host or the -world = empty commands widely used on people's desktop icon command lines? Are they necessary? I don't use either but I'm assuming that their is some benefit to those command lines. If I go hunting to fix all these bugs, most likely our next addon pack will not see the light of day in ArmA and it will probably be many months before we release them in ArmA2. I was hoping to just finish up what we have quickly and release a pack before ArmA2 comes out.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

> Is the -host or the -world = empty commands widely used

Yes. The are essential to any dev doing MP testing without wasting too much time. :)

You should look into them:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Startup_Parameters

Why do you not check the diff I linked?

It tells you which one are not correct for your Taliban units as ACE/Squelch

fixed em from what I understand.

In general if you binarize models, the app should complain about problems like

this.

I did check your link and I didn't see anything about the Taliban. I'll check again as maybe I missed that part. However, I wish Squelch or whoever messed with them had told me he was fixing them because Snakeman already fixed all of them for us now that I've gone through to check them.

I'll be releasing the updated Taliban very soon. But if ACE has already fixed them and want to use them as part of ACE thats cool. I need to register onto their forums so I can give them official permission as word never seems to get to them from here.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Miles keep that good work up iv been looking at the forum and see that your comeing along good with the mod keep it up. Your work is just awsome cant wait to see this mod in ArmA and in ArmA 2. Be nice if there where other mods out there then just ACE mod not bad on ACE part but so so many good mods where in OFP to bad we did not see them carry on to ArmA.

Edited by 1in1class
need