Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

The Lost Brothers -Isaac and Ishmael Mod

miles, is there anyway to use the LOBO tanks with the updated combat mods which add loader with loader machinegun and laser range finders ?

miles, is there anyway to use the LOBO tanks with the updated combat mods which add loader with loader machinegun and laser range finders ?

2 facts against the loader's position:

- T-64 and later OPFOR tanks have automatic loaders, so you might need 4 people to crew a BLUFOR tank against 3 for a OPFOR tank.

- ArmA seems to have an issue regarding additional turrets like the loader's turret. When you assign a waypoint, the additional turret crew leaves the tank and tries to reach the waypoint by foot. You can even check this behavior using the 2-turret boat: When you assign the crew a waypoint, the aft gunner gets unloaded on the next beach, while the boat heads for the waypoint  crazy_o.gif

Yup that and I have only a vauge idea to add all that stuff to a tank. If we get someone who's super hardcore at adding the fancy laser/targeting system scripts and stuff to tanks, we'd be happy to let them fix up our tanks. Aside from that however I'm just happy if I can get the tank gun recoil fx to work. (Thanks to ModEmMaik for getting our Mk2 tank recoil to work... I still need to try and add that FX to our other tanks).

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

miles any new pics of the updated merkava 4 and r u gonna do the m113 zelda for the idf in 80s coz they used it a lot back then

crappy Egyptian Ak-47 clones.  

I wanted to ask Vilas to make his SVT-40 into a proper Hakim for us,

I'd understood that the Egyptian AKs were actually quite

good (by Kalashnikov knock-off standards, anyway).

Is "Vilas" currently redoing your IMI 50.00 FAL, then (I hope

I didn't assemble all that reference info for nothing)?

Converting that to the 50.41 consists largely of remodelling

the muzzle device and adding a bipod (in the Israeli variant

anyway). If you're really stuck I guess I might be able

to model those parts for you and stick them onto "Vilas'" IMI

50.00 if you have the MLOD for it.

Sadly I don't have the MLOD for it.  I need to ask Vilas if he wants us to develop the IMI pack for him if he is too busy.  I'm assuming also that a similar bipod could be found on another weapon and pasted onto the support variant of the IMI FAL.  The hardest part would be remodelling the muzzle device although to be honest I missed that difference and thought that it just had a thicker barrel with a bipod added. lol.   I know that the M240 had been used by the IDF for a very long time, but oddly enough, there are very few pictures of it in use maybe because it was much more expensive?  

Whatever the case I think it's a shame that they replaced it with the Negev in infantry units in the modern IDF units.  My old US Army Reserve unit had our 7.62x51mm M60 MG's replaced with the M249 SAW and while the M249 was lighter and easier to handle and clean, it was also woefully deficient when it came to medium to long range capability.  The M60 was probably my favorite weapon system overall probably because I could easily hit 600 meter targets and was even able to hit 800 meter targets (using iron sights) with the help of a spotter/assistant gunner and his binoculars.  

If I was an IDF Negev gunner, on a battlefield I'd probably try to get ahold of a PKM as quickly as possible.  

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Sadly I don't have the MLOD for it.  I need to ask Vilas if he wants us to develop the IMI pack for him if he is too busy.  I'm assuming also that a similar bipod could be found on another weapon and pasted onto the support variant of the IMI FAL.  

Perhaps, but it wouldn't look right.

The MAG, not the M240. Some were using that gun for

nearly 40 years before the USA finally adopted it too. wink_o.gif

Surely there must be tons of pics of "MAGistim! The

IDF MAGs were just bog-standard Belgian types. I think

"Vilas" has a gun that'll suit.

Yup he does.  Yes, sorry, I meant the FN-MAG.  I am using his FN-MAG from one of his packs already, so that area is taken care of.  It just seems like the FAL support variant seemed to be much more common in the 6 Day and Yom Kippur Wars.  

But anyhoo, hopefully I'll hear from him soon or he'll read our discussion as I know he drops in and reads our thread once in awhile.  I just hate bothering him because I know many other mods are pestering him make new stuff or to fix lots of little bugs here and there.  

So I guess its not critical and I'm really enjoying the IMI FAL that he made for us.  The standard Uzi with the wooden stock used in the 60's would also be cool.  So hopefully he'll send us the MLOD version so that we can continue to develop the IMI pack a bit more.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

such things we should discuss on private PMs

IMI FAL BL will be remodelled, cause now i work since week on Project 85 vechiles final pack smile_o.gif

adding lights flares, new shadow lods, new normals, new tyres, better configs and etc.

Oh cool. Awesome. Yeah I sent you a bunch of PM's a few weeks back, but I didn't hear from you so I just figured that you were very busy. I'm looking forward to all your new work and updates!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Most of our boats are now converted... they just need a bit of work on them before they'll be ready. Here's a pic of our old Fast Attack Boat used by our S-13 Naval Commandos:

LoBo_SunnitFAB1.jpg

This boat is working beautifully and is excellent for inserting small teams or providing a bit of heavy machine gun fire for troops on the shore. The boat is also very hard to hit because it moves VERY fast and is just alot of fun to drive around on the water.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

More shippies!  

LoBo_OSAII_1.jpg

and

LoBo_OSAII_2.jpg

This last ship at the end in the second picture may or may not be used.  We need to get permisson from Gnat as that is his Oliver Hazzard Perry class ship (used by the Egyptians) and he may not allow us to use it without everything working absolutely perfectly.  I'm hoping either that he'll help us getting it (and maybe the rest of our naval vessels) working nicely or that he'll just let us use a somewhat downgraded version while his ArmA version is top of the line (as we're not looking to compete with his work).  I don't have a problem with that as it's his work and I'll just be happy if I can take off Egyptian naval helicopters from it and if it can launch missiles and fire guns in some reasonable fashion.  But if he says no, we'll just have to scrap it.

I should also mention that the OSA-II ship in our pics is not the final verson that we'll be using. The final version is being done by the RACS mod and hopefully should be ready soon.

So for you guys in the RACS mod, don't freak out. We still plan on using your version as long as everything is working well on it.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hello,

I just noticed this mod after browsing a bit, and seem to be very impressed, keep up the good work!

Oddball smile_o.gif

Sorry, doubled posted due to a little internet problems.

Oddball

On behalf of Lost Brothers Mod - presenting Vit's Mig29 converted to Arma.

Mig29pack.jpg

with 6 x R73 missiles  (CAP)

4 texture versions - Russian, Iraqi, Iranian and Syrian

Spec/normal Maps

Full special Effects Pack (Afterburner, sonic boom and vapour, Special FX by Lethal edited by Gnat and further modified by the Project RACS Mod/Scars)

XEH compatible

Improved flight model

Known issues -

shadow lod needs completing

damage textures not active

This is to be classed as Beta 1 - you will find bugs etc just report them back so they can be picked up in the beta 2 release.

Most important thing is download it and have fun.

Southy

download here:

Vit's Mig29

Thanks. And thanks for making it XEH compatible. I still can't figure out why everybody doesn't use it. It helps greatly.

This one was easy to make xeh compatible the F14 was a bit harder a lot more scripts but got there in the end smile_o.gif

Oh talking of F14's....

Southy

I love the Mig-29! Great work!

I just tried it and it is awesome, the only thing i have to complain about is the fuel... Once I started the afterburner, it took only a couple of seconds and then i was out of fuel...

I love the Mig-29! Great work!

I just tried it and it is awesome, the only thing i have to complain about is the fuel... Once I started the afterburner, it took only a couple of seconds and then i was out of fuel...

Lo mate,

I’m aware that for some people the afterburner is causing issues, even when I use it, sometimes I hit the afterburner and it speeds to like 2000 and has no fuel left.

In testing in SP it seems fine and most times in MP also seems fine, I’m not sure what causing the crazy speed yet, it seems to affect all my conversions to some degree. The mig29 is usable without the Afterburner, but I will make sure it is fully working for the beta2.

Southy