Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

The Lost Brothers -Isaac and Ishmael Mod

Thats fine and all, just not useful for LoBo as we don't do "what if" scenarios as far as equipment goes.  But if people are interested in it, it doesn't bother me if you want to release it as a stand alone addon.  However, what we could use is a Syrian reskin of the BIS SU-34 as Syria either already has them or is in the process of attaining them from Russia.  

That would be more realistic and very cool.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

ya i think i can do a reskin of the su34 and have ya got a email addy so i can send the M60.s to iv dun as much as i can for ya with tham

Well done Miles, really good work smile_o.gif I have only a 3 comments.

1.I would correct models enriching them of the normalmaps and shaders.

2.Greater attention to details.

3. Lack of texture wounds and blood

Make a great piece of work, fine-tune only a few cases and we have interesting in terms of military and tactical modifications to Arma. greet - yac

deleted and moved over to the next page...I hate when I post pics and it ends up being the last post on a page. lol

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I think the idea of the mod is good but there's a lack of quality. As these are mostly ofp ports. Why don't you guys use Rygugu's m60a3 and retexture it. He also released a template so that wont be too hard. Good luck wink_o.gif

Lennard. smile_o.gif

just to let ya know i had a HD fkup last n8 lost most of my work and the Su34 confused_o.gif  so i had to reinstall the lot but any way am back to work on the Su34 ill have it dun in a week or so for ya  il keep ya posted & @ Lennard i think the M60 i wos working on wos Rygugu's m60a3 ?? template where do i get it from ?? any link will help tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]I think the idea of the mod is good but there's a lack of quality. As these are mostly ofp ports. Why don't you guys use Rygugu's m60a3 and retexture it. He also released a template so that wont be too hard. Good luck  

Lennard.  

As I've mentioned before, our quality is not "ArmA" standards because we simply do not have any official LoBo mod team members who are pro model/texture artists.  So we do the best we can by getting assistance from freelance addon makers/texture artists as well as from Mod teams kind enough to allow us to use their addons.  

With that said, we have a VERY different ideology when it comes to addon making.  We believe in releasing "good enough" addons first and then improving them later so that the community has something to cool to make missions with.

You may disagree, but I would not say that our addons are crap.  Furthermore not all of our vehicles we can borrow from other mods or addon makers.  Some of them like the Merkava tanks are only used by the IDF.  So unless a professional modeller and texture artist steps forward to make some super high quality models and textures of those tanks, we are stuck with what we have.  We have a choice to either NOT release anything or to release something.  Many mods take a different approach and prefer to indeed not release anything until everything is perfect. Such mods have pro addon makers such as the CSLA mod (their screenshots cause instant drooling).   We are not so fortunate.

So basically in a nutshell...yes we realize that many of our addons are not ultra-high quality and can use some improvements.   We are doing our best to improve those models and so far, most of our loyal fans have been pleased with our efforts.

I did not that a public M60 pack was made available.  I'll have go find it.  However I do not think that our M60 models are crappy.  They mainly just need textures to be merged and specular/normal mapping to be applied to them.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

(Moved from the last page)

Quote[/b] ]Well done Miles, really good work I have only a 3 comments.

1.I would correct models enriching them of the normalmaps and shaders.

2.Greater attention to details.

3. Lack of texture wounds and blood

Make a great piece of work, fine-tune only a few cases and we have interesting in terms of military and tactical modifications to Arma. greet - yac

A few of our addons have normal/specular mapping.  Hopefully as we get better at that, we'll start adding more such improvements to addons.  

Here is an example of a wonderful Mk2 upgrade that modEmMaik did for us.  The Mk2 will be in our next update with the bug fixes and a few other new goodies.

smile_o.gif

LoBo_MerkavaMk2_2.jpg

LoBo_MerkavaMk2_1.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Looks very good so far.

By the way did you lose the Magach 6 in your HD crash?

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

yup and 40GB of Films lol wot p*ssed me off the most wos i lost all my Arma addons and updates and all my models but for the Magach 6 i wos lucky i uploaded it to a file site so ill redown load it later

Hello LOBO team... I was wondering, can you resize the backpack on the hezbollah troops? or remove them alltogether? I just dont know, looks kinda weird when they lie prone. Then there is this thing on their pouches that shine when you look at them from afar... sorry dont have screenshots. Probably will take later.

Other than that, its a good mod. Though havent check the vehicles yet, 'cause I'm more of an infantry only guy.

Btw the hezbollah looks tough, and I was referring to their size relative to bis soldiers...

All the best for Lobo Mod.

OT: who is Isaac and Ishmael?

Isaac refers to the son of the prophet Abraham (Ibrahim in Islam) from whom the Jews descend from.   Ishmael refers to the other son of Abraham from whom Arabs are supposed to descend from.  Because of this both Jews and Arabs are considered originally to be "semitic" people very closely related.   Even Hebrew is basically a form of Arabic with Arabic being the older language according to most linguists.

So culturally, linguistically, and genetically, Jews and Arabs are essentially brothers.  

As far as our Hezbollah guys, not all of them have backpacks.  However our commandos and sappers mainly have backpacks because they look much more like the commandos in Hezbollah combat videos with the backpacks on.   The elite Hezbollah units generally wear PASGT type body armor with loads of ammo on the them.   The combination makes them look puffed up as a PASGT is much larger then the more streamlined body armor used by the IDF.

However while thicker and bulkier, the PASGT is not as heavy or as good as the vests worn by the IDF who use smaller kevlar vests with ceramic plates on the front and back.  

If you watch YouTube videos of Hezbollah in action you'll see many of them wearing identical gear to what we have on our models.  They use either older French made helmets or more modern Israeli kevlar helmets originally given to the Lebanese National Army.  Many were also captured from stockpiles of the SLA (South Lebanese Army) after the 2000 Israeli pull-out from Lebanon (along with many Israeli made PASGT vests).    

Overall however our Hezbollah units are meant to look "armed to the teeth" carrying a wide array of weapons, ammo, and explosives.    Because they do not have significant armor or air power, I wanted them to look as close as possible to the most elite Hezbollah units.  That way players playing as the IDF would have a real challenge compared to just fighting regular ol' BI SLA units.   LOL!  

Wigon

The Zohan is the greatest Israeli soldier ever. Observe:

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

hoo the movie. but i expect to see real mossad agents whistle.gif

tounge2.gif oooooooooooooooo i see well i dut see why not wot ya think Miles mossad agent named Zohan wink_o.gif and is any good at config files ?? need one makeing up for the Su34 A & B one with both in it Pbo name is Syrian_Su34 and the P3d one r su34.p3d & su34b.p3d if ya need the full Pbo PM me and ill give a link to it wink_o.gif for ya to do but i need it back as i still have stuff do on it ok am off to put this Zohan on see if it.s any good tounge2.gif

even if mossad agents have been made for arma they will be point less sinse the ai detect enemy automatically

Couldn't they be put on RACS side? I think RACS can be set to be friendly with OPFOR, right? Would possibly be a way around it then--then again I'm out of it and not making much sense even to myself lately, heheh. tounge2.gif

... need one makeing up for the Su34 A & B one with both in it Pbo name is Syrian_Su34 and the P3d one r su34.p3d & su34b.p3d ...

You may use the model.cfg provided my BI for "Air" in the vehicles and weapons sample. The config.cpp is pretty easy, because you only have to inherrit the existing Su34 and Su34B class for your Syrian_Su34/B.

have fun,

mike

I would do it but I suck at doing configs and model.cfg's. I tried to do that for our blackhawks and failed miserably. I wanted to customize the model and a refueling probe to one version, but I never could get the configs to work as I was never to sure what stuff to delete and what stuff to keep from the config.cpp and the model.cfg files.

sad_o.gif

So if he doesn't figure it out, if anyone can help him that would be awesome.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>