Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

The Lost Brothers -Isaac and Ishmael Mod

Sorry Miles Teg,

I went back in ArmA and checked which mods I had active.  I had Aimpoint's desert weapons activated without me realizing it. The Negev iron sight works and so do the other weapons optics.  

I am getting this message though.

[No entry  'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/MGunClouds.scope'.]  No idea why.

and when I'm in editor mode using island Syr Darain, says;

[Cannot open object usec_rig_a\oilrig_derrick.p3d]

Looks like I need to add usec oilrig pbo from Alex Sworn's mod.

Hmmm.... yeah we tested the MG's with no problems along with our other weapons. Thanks for clearing that up.

As for the 2nd error, I've seen that with several of Southy's conversions in basic beta stages. I've not gotten that with any of our addons although I might look into that. Personally I don't think that FX is necessary as with some mods it just creates huge puffs of smoke when firing the aircraft cannon that just looks wierd. So if that's a widespread error, I will remove those lines in our aircraft config or at least try to see why they might be causing an error. If they're not in the BIS aircraft configs I'll probably just delete them.

But you might want to check if you have any other aircraft addons that might be causing that error.

to an_enlarged_stomach-

JDAM's would be nice, but there is no way to accurately implement them on an aircraft unless Mando get some working. If its not an accurately working weapon, then for me its useless. That is why we just have dumb bombs and laser guided bombs. Both of which work as designed...even better our aircraft with LGB's can both laser-designate themselves (with AI pilots dropping the LGB's themselves) or they will attack any laser target you designate with a laser designator.

To blazer01- Sorry for the delay getting you the MLOD's. I've been out and about and just got home. I'll try to get them to you first thing in the morning after I wake up (and probably after I mow the lawn which is a jungle right now).

lol!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Sorry guys this whole process was new to me and alot of the stuff I created/copied/adjusted isn't required for all aircraft.

To get rid of the Cluds error delete the following from the config:

Quote[/b] ]};

class MGunClouds

{

cloudletDuration = 0.500000;

cloudletAnimPeriod = 1.000000;

cloudletSize = 2.000000;

cloudletAlpha = 0.500000;

cloudletGrowUp = 0.100000;

cloudletFadeIn = 0.100000;

cloudletFadeOut = 2;

cloudletAccY = 0;

cloudletMinYSpeed = -1000;

cloudletMaxYSpeed = 1000;

cloudletShape = "\ca\data\cl_basic";

cloudletColor[] = { 1, 1, 1, 0};

interval = 0.010000;

size = 2;

sourceSize = 0.050000;

timeToLive = 1;

initT = 0;

deltaT = 0;

class Table

{

class T0

{

maxT = 0;

color[] = {1, 1, 1, 0};

};

};

};

That will stop it happening apologies again, I should I spotted it before completing the addon.

Cheers Southy

Nice work looking good but the like at 50 to 100 meters away from the HMMV the gear just dissapers? Also the view in 3rd person for the chopper CH its up to close cant see the hole chopper.

hi miles if u guys want 2 update the m60 dont 4get 2 put the left and right signs on the armour of the tank as in ofp and for the merkava its colour is nice but the colour tan in ofp was nice also so does the command merkava 4 with all the antennas that will look really good if u put it also if u guys updated the tanks,but everything else are amazing very nice addons miles.

any plans 2 converte the zelda negman that will look nice.... whistle.gif

First off...thanks Southy/Eble for the info.... greatly appreciated. I'll go through our addons to see if that stuff is in there.

Second... Hmm..I'll check out the humvees LOD's....thanks for the feedback.

Third... No worries we'll eventually update the Mk4 with many different variants. As I type we have someone helping us upgrade the Mk4 Merkava.

Personally I want to add the "Sponge Bob" variant and get all the dammage textures working.

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

now i have an other problem: if u use just a lobo unit when i try to use an other unit that is not from lobo the face get loose..  huh.gif

i think i will unistal  the game and reinstall everything but first i'd like tto know if someone has some suggestion thx wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Third...   No worries we'll eventually update the Mk4 with many different variants.  As I type we have someone helping us upgrade the Mk4 Merkava.  

Personally I want to add the "Sponge Bob" variant and get all the dammage textures working.

I do like the Merkava Mk.3, any chance of seeing that model in a later release? Always thought the Mk.3 looked sexy.  inlove.gif

@Raafatah64 tiz ok m8e i know wot ill be addin to the M60 i have a lot of plans and pics of the idf m60 but am still got some of my editing tools to put back on as its a new rig am runing now so when iv got the mlod.s ill get to work on it  wink_o.gif

ok wot ya think seeing as iv not dun this ever in o2 whistle.gif but i think it looks ok for now

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums....-79.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums....-14.jpg

iv redun all the Blazer armor Israeli Urdan cupola added tanken from the Magach7 for now and as any one got the mlob for the old US M60 as am thinking of doing some thing just for the Lost Brothers mod wink_o.gif

The only difference is the IR searchlight which I removed.  Other then that the ArmA Magach 6 in our addon pack#3  was basically identical to the US M60A3 if you remove the ERA boxes and stuck in the old smoke grenade launchers.  But I'm not interested in releasing any U.S. addons as many other mods are alread doing that.   At any rate I think someone else already made a US M60 not too long ago.

If you can get the commander's MG to work and the Magach 7C converted, then I would be a happy camper.

You know how to do all the memory points stuff right?

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

{You know how to do all the memory points stuff right?}

confused_o.gif no not yet but ill have a good go at it if i help ill ask

Ouch... sad_o.gif  

I was hoping you wouldn't say that.  Its not easy at all and requires changes to the config as the new weapon is a different type of weapon (M240 instead of a .50 cal M2).  

You also have to create the proper selections and make sure they're named right...stuff like that.  

sad_o.gif

Adding the cupola from the OFP models is the easy part.  Getting the commander's MG to actually work is the hard part.

Without that, any modifications are basically useless.  

The Magach7C is even worse as it requires tons of stuff to be renamed.

Those are the things I mainly needed help with.  That and along with stuff like texture merging that I don't know how to do.  

I only barely know how to do such things so I will not be of any help.  

I've only converted one addon by myself (the IDF humvess because they were easier) and I have failed in converting a helicopter (our old AH-1).  

So...I may not be of much help and honestly the Magach upgrade project is dead in the water as I don't have time right now to devote to getting any new versions working unless other team members step forward to finish it..  All I can tell you is to study how the current version works, and modify it.  That means studying configs and looking at how the memory points work.  You willl also need a proper proxy so study similar addons in order to make sure that their commander's turned out animation is proper.    

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

If you can improve the textures then one of our members says he should be able to get the model fully working.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

ya that i can do for ya on  improveing the textures but i wos thinking of stop the work on that one and port over the LoBo Magach7C and the 7A but its up to you and as for the AH-1 ill do one for ya wink_o.gif

They don't actually have to wear those ridiculous shaped helmets do they?

On the Nahal Scouts?

Those do look funny but can help tremendously with keeping them alive. Helmets/heads aren't the most utilitarian when it comes to staying unseen. A pretty obvious profile those round things have.

wink_o.gif

If that's not what you mean my apologies for looking like a fool with this reply.

Manzilla, you're right on the nose about the "Mitznefet" bro. Helps to break things up a bit as you've said, or so I've read from post-serving IDF soldiers. Looks funny, but I believe it does the job. biggrin_o.gif

They don't actually have to wear those ridiculous shaped helmets do they?

Yeah the Mitznefet are a realistic piece of equipment that almost all IDF units use. I didn't want to put them on all of the units (as sometimes they don't wear them) which is why I mainly put them on units that need maximum concealment and who do covert ops (snipers, Sayeret Egoz, and Paltas Nahal along with a few random units).

It's just part of making the mod as realistic as possible and they actually do work in-game especially in wooded areas if you're playing against human players. Just as in real life they help to break up the helmet outline and thus make headshots a little harder.

Now if you're talking about the helmet itself, that is a standard issue IDF kevlar helmet.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

ya that i can do for ya on  improveing the textures but i wos thinking of stop the work on that one and port over the LoBo Magach7C and the 7A but its up to you and as for the AH-1 ill do one for ya  wink_o.gif

There's no rush. If you can, see if you can get the updated Magach 6 working first before you tackle the much harder job converting the Magach 7C.

Thanks,

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I didnt knew you need 1.09 for the mod, how can i get it?

I didnt knew you need 1.09 for the mod, how can  i get it?

you may as well go with 1.14...... its the latest

its all good, after i download them, i get like 2 more folders that are called "addons" and "DBE1" that i have no idea what to do with them. and than when i lunch the beta it gives me an error window like :" addon 'CA_Hotfix" requires addon 'CAA10", and than my game is all buggy. what should i do with it?

The update should have auto-installed. Those folders are supposed to be there so don't worry about that.

As for the error, you might check on the forum section regarding the updates as there are lots of posts like that and most likely solutions to that particular error.

I didn't have any problems with my update so I can't say exactly what it is that's causing the errors you're getting.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>