Tzanhanim (paratroopers)

Nahal (Paltas/Recon)

Shayetet-13 (Naval Commandos)

Sayeret MATKAL

Sayeret Egoz

Sayaret Duvdevan

YAMAM (Police Special Operations)

Snipers

IAF pilots (standard,Apache, & fighter jockey)

IDF Tank Crew

Oh.... and THE ZOHAN!!!!!!!!!!  

Aircraft-

F-16I Sufa (multiple weapon loads)

F-16C

F-15C (multiple weapon loads)

F-15I  (multiple weapon loads)

C-130

AH-64 Apache

UH-60 with rockets (in green and tan desert cammo patterns)

UH-60 with MG's (in green and tan desert cammo patterns)

CH-53 Yasur

Armour-

Merkava Mk4 MBT

Magach 6 MBT (with ERA)

Achzarit Heavy APC

M163A2 Hovet AAA

Cars-

Up-armored IDF HMMWV's (M2, TOW, and Recon)

Crew-Served Weapons-

TOW-2 ATGM

Hezbollah

Infantry-

Regular Infantry

Commando/Sapper infantry

Shahid Brigade commandos

Cars-

UAZ with MG

Motorcycle

Crew-served weapons-

TOW ATGM

Hamas

Infantry-

8 different types of irregular Hamas infantry

Special Thanks… to Uziyahu for providing us an FTP site, ArmedAssault.info,ARMAHolic.com (also providing us FTP space), and others for hosting all of these addons.  Many thanks also for all of you helping the mod to coordinate our efforts, contact other mod teams and addon makers, as well as doing historical research for our Mod.  

Also thanks to IDF Hayal, SFC Itzhak, Jewish Freak, Namman2, Black Knight63, IDF Godzilla, Chris Death, Diversant (Yosi),  and anyone else I may have forgotten.  Also a big heart felt thank you to VipersHeart for starting this mod providing assistance and inspiration.

Also big salute to NoOne as one of the co-founders of the mod and helping to create many of the original addons.

Massive Thanks to the following Mods and Addon Makers:

Footmunch, Mapfact, Al Simmons & DSA (A1 Simmons entry tools pack), Vilas (Project '85), and Törni as well as to wld427 and EddyD (both of whom kicked ass helping us).

If I left anyone out or if any of the credits are incorrect, please contact me at: miles_teg@hotmail.com and I will correct the credits in the next update.

Now go install these addons and enjoy-

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

The Lost Brothers Mod Team Leader

www.thelostbrothers.com

Primary Download link-

Lost Brothers Addon Pack #3

(Mirrors appreciated)

Armaholic.com Download Mirror

ArmedAssault.info Download Mirror

***IMPORTANT FOR MISSION MAKERS***

Here is a .pdf file of class names compliled by Betsalel:

Armaholic.com Download Mirror

RoadBlock_3.jpg

LoBo_Nahal1.jpg

LoBo_Hezballz3.jpg

LoBo_IDFHumvee2.jpg

LoBo_MerkavaMk4_4.jpg

(Note-  The Updated Syrian Pack will be released next).

Wow gentleman! It's been along time coming and by the looks of the content, it's been well worth the wait.

Did I see "C-130" in the first thread? Well Zohan be damned, that's f@$%in' wonderful.

Nice to see this has hit the "streets", so to speak. I look forward to blowin' S#!t up IDF style.

Thanks for all the hard work and time you guys put into this new pack!

Wow gentleman! It's been along time coming and by the looks of the content, it's been well worth the wait.

Did I see "C-130" in the first thread? Well Zohan be damned, that's f@$%in' wonderful.

Nice to see this has hit the "streets", so to speak. I look forward to blowin' S#!t up IDF style.

Thanks for all the hard work and time you guys put into this new pack!

Yup there is a C130 in the pack, however it is still a bit buggy.

I need to make a demo airborne mission for it.

Oh..that reminds me...yeah, THE ZOHAN is in the pack as well.  

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Great stuff, by the way are you planning to make any Qassam and/or Katyusha rockets?

Not right now. Rocket artillery requires a tremendous amount of scripting knowledge and right now we don't have anyone on our mod team or know of anyone who could make such a thing.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Merkava Mk4 MBT still looks badly. Please, retexture it, because it could be a great addition for ArmA.

Quote[/b] ]Merkava Mk4 MBT still looks badly. Please, retexture it, because it could be a great addition for ArmA.

If you're judging from the screenshot, it was photoshopped so the color is a bit different in the game.

If we find a texture artist who can do a better job we will.

Currently we do not have any official Lobo members who are skilled texture artists. We've done a little texture remapping and some work experimenting with specular/normal maps. But our only total retextures have been by EddyD who was kind enough to do a few aircraft reskins for us.

So until someone volunteers to fix her up, the mk4 will remain as it is. The only update that I might do is perhaps attempt some normal/specular mapping and add in the Lahat ATGM system.  That would be for a future update (addon pack #4).

At any rate, right now I think the Mk4 does NOT look crappy.

Can it look better? Sure, but only if it was reskinned by an extremely skilled texture artist.

I also should add that most likely you will find a few bugs here and there and a few things that could have been done better. The reason we released this pack now is because almost all of our members are starting school again and will have little time to work on addons. Overall everything works and we just wanted to get one comprehensive addon pack out there for people to start making missions with.

We also really want to take a break from these set of addons and work on some new addons such as Egyptian and Iranian units as well as historic IDF and Arab military forces.

We'll still provide updates however for this pack as we know that many of the addons need improving.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Merkava Mk4 MBT still looks badly. Please, retexture it, because it could be a great addition for ArmA.

I like it. A touch up here and there on some textures wouldn't hurt but overall I'm pretty damn happy with this pack thus far. It's so nice to have a change from the "traditional" OPFOR/BLUFOR armour and to have a whole new core group of military forces at this scale is beautiful.

Don't get me wrong I love my country and was honored to serve but it gets a little repetitive using US forces, and even playing as Russians for that matter. It's a breath of fresh air to have the option to switch things up, especially when the armour and birds can get swapped as well.

Now on to me actual purpose of this post:

I see this needs Map Air v1.08. I use v1.10 for many of my missions. Currently I just "deactivated" the .pbo's for v1.10 and tossed the v1.08 files in their place.

Can I just use Map Air v1.10? I'm not sure if it will make a difference but I wanted to make sure.

Yeah you can swap them out.  It shouldn't hurt anything.  I just found out about version 1.10.  However the main difference is that 1.10 is binarized.  Other then there shouldn't be any other differences that effects anything.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Thanks. That's what I assumed but I've looked like an "ass" in the past with assumptions concerning ArmA.  wink_o.gif

pistols.gif

EDIT:

Oh yeah, the other main difference is the "map_air_sounds" and "map_basic_models" aren't needed any more. Not sure if it makes a difference again. I'll be able to test it soon.

EDIT:(PART 2)

It looks like v1.10 causes an error before the game starts:

"Include file map_basic_models\map_inc_cfgSkeletons.h not found"

Quote[/b] ]Merkava Mk4 MBT still looks badly. Please, retexture it, because it could be a great addition for ArmA.

If you're judging from the screenshot, it was photoshopped so the color is a bit different in the game.

If we find a texture artist who can do a better job we will.

Currently we do not have any official Lobo members who are skilled texture artists. We've done a little texture remapping and some work experimenting with specular/normal maps. But our only total retextures have been by EddyD who was kind enough to do a few aircraft reskins for us.

So until someone volunteers to fix her up, the mk4 will remain as it is. The only update that I might do is perhaps attempt some normal/specular mapping and add in the Lahat ATGM system.  That would be for a future update (addon pack #4).

At any rate, right now I think the Mk4 does NOT look crappy.

Can it look better? Sure, but only if it was reskinned by an extremely skilled texture artist.

I also should add that most likely you will find a few bugs here and there and a few things that could have been done better.  The reason we released this pack now is because almost all of our members are starting school again and will have little time to work on addons. Overall everything works and we just wanted to get one comprehensive addon pack out there for people to start making missions with.  

We also really want to take a break from these set of addons and work on some new addons such as Egyptian and Iranian units as well as historic IDF and Arab military forces.

We'll still provide updates however for this pack as we know that many of the addons need improving.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I judged it because I downloaded a pack and tested it. If I were you, I wouldn't release Merkava in this quality form. It looks more like incomplete OFP-conversion and I think ArmA texture standards are higher.

I also respect your team work for community. Some fresh packs of vehicles and units are always welcome. Hope that next release will be much much better than this one smile_o.gif

damn Miles , u rock! this mod is a kick ass! notworthy.gif

anyway i knew allready that mossad r very hard peoble but.. http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd328/laborj456/mossad.jpg .. tounge2.gif

ps. the guns r without smoke when r shoting  pistols.gif

Yes that is The Zohan... "He is the Greatest Israeli Soldier that the World has Ever Known!   His Training is Lethal and His Skills are Legandary..."

He is always a rock hard soldier!  LOL!!!

For those who have never heard of "The Zohan" here is a trailer to the movie from which we got the idea to make this character.

Oh thanks for the bug report... I never noticed that smoke was missing. Wierd... I'll have to see if a memory point is missing or something.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I judged it because I downloaded a pack and tested it. If I were you, I wouldn't release Merkava in this quality form. It looks more like incomplete OFP-conversion and I think ArmA texture standards are higher.

I also respect your team work for community. Some fresh packs of vehicles and units are always welcome. Hope that next release will be much much better than this one smile_o.gif

Well as the Merkava Mk4 is our only modern tank that we had working, to delay the Mk4 would be to delay the entire mod.  It could take months to find help to fix up the Merkava Mk4.

As for "ArmA quality" our mod's philosophy is different then other mods/addonmakers. We are not competing for quality. We are only trying to make addons that look "good enough" which we then try to improve over time. If we tried to make all of our addons top quality, it would take us at least two years to get everything to that standard or perhaps never if we never found addon makers capable of helping us make that standard.  

I do understand however that this philosophy goes against what most in the Mod/addon making community believe.

We are not against making good addons.  We simply believe in making it our priority to release addons that are playable while we slowly improve the quality.

If we had more skilled addon makers/texture artists on our team however, we would certainly place emphasis on quality first if we could still release addons every 6 months at a minimum.   That is why we must rely on the generosity of other addon makers for our top quality addons.  

So far the community has been excellent in working with our mod and don't worry, for sure the quality will continue to improve.  

Oh by the way we also SERIOUSLY need mission makers.  So anyone who's good at mission making, please contact me.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

first of all the addon is super perfect but iam getting the soldiers without their weapons it keep saying 2 me no entry config bin_cfgweapons miles how can i fix that plzzzz

first of all the addon is super perfect but iam getting the soldiers without their weapons it keep saying 2 me no entry config bin_cfgweapons miles how can i fix that plzzzz

Do you have ARMA version 1.14 installed?

i got a problem with the scenario.i think that lobo_object is missing.

that's what the message said when i tried it.

Also thanks a lot for this Mod.

thanks Lost Brothers.. smile_o.gif

downloading ASAP.. yay.gif

Hey I noticed when using 6th's tracers, they aren't showing up with the Negev and other rifles. wow_o.gif

Hey I noticed when using 6th's tracers, they aren't showing up with the Negev and other rifles.  wow_o.gif

Hmm...   Yeah we didn't test it using any of the 3rd party FX mods.  The only mod I use is the FFAMM FX mod (by Fromz). However on that I noticed that tracers weren't working either, but were working on the BIS based weapons like the Hezbollah UAZ-MG vehicle.  

So yeah, I need to figure out what's going on there as most of the weapons are using BIS magazines and the soundFX from 3rd party FX mods seem to work fine.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>