Sign in to follow this  
mcpxxl

Mapfact releases 3DE-Project

silola does this issue listed above make sense?

It's because the 3DE does not (yet) add the addons to the mission.sqm's header. This will result in problems in MP. To solve this, open the mission, preview and save it, usually the addons are listed in the header then.

Hello smile_o.gif

I think it happens when you create a clear new mission

and then you start that sqf file from 3de.

The script will ensure that many different objects from different Addons are generated (may be) , but not registered in the current mission .sqm.

After you start the mission, save the mission again and check

if all needed addons are regisered in your mission.sqm.

(check also your rpt file after that action).

Greeting

Silola

My security program has detected that this file has a Trojan Virus within it, please be aware and check your folders if you can........... huh.gif

Hello PSYCHOSIM,

Yes, I have installed a very bad virus. If your security program has detected the virus, it is already too late.

Your hard drive should delete any moment ... sorry tounge2.gif

Have you read the README? I think no

Have you read the posts in this thread? I think no

But thanks for the info wink_o.gif

Greeting

Silola

Hello smile_o.gif

I think it happens when you create a clear new mission

and then you start that sqf file from 3de.

The script will ensure that many different objects from different Addons are generated (may be) , but not registered in the current mission .sqm.

After you start the mission, save the mission again and check

if all needed addons are regisered in your mission.sqm.

(check also your rpt file after that action).

Greeting

Silola

so the error messages I get I can ignore? My understanding is the SQF is there to allow us to add items on the fly so to speak. If I start the mission and save it, doesnt it make the entries in the mission permanent so I dont need the SQF later? Doesnt that defeat the purpose of having an sqf file?

@Gunterlund

How should 3DE know in witch mission you use the objects ?

In the DAC Sectorfight Mission i also had to add and delete some vehicles at missionstart.sqm to get no "warfare Objects error" when DAC creates them later on,after the "Sectorfight Settings Dialog"

I think all additional objects from ADDONS will have the same reaktion like before in Arma.

If the engine use an object later in the mission the message will popup.

In "Simple Player" ;-) mostly not, because some error came only up in MP !

sincerly

Also there is a difference between making mission in SP or MP editor !

MP sometimes left some addons in the mission.sqm

We had this with MAP_AIR_WEAPONS from the Apache.

If you save the mission in SP it would be placed correct.

The same mission saved in MP Editor has no AIR_WEAP inserted !!!

@gunterlund: No, the SQF is still required. All what this loading, previewing, saving does, is that the required addons are registered properly in the mission.sqm. The objects themselves are not in the mission.sqm and are still created by the sqf file.

Had a small playaround so far, I won't bore you with more compliments and applauds wink_o.gif however much they're deserved. It is a fantastic job indeed.

The only thing I would like to see added is some sort of random scaling ability for brushes. I think I remember seeing that this is impossible in ArmA, but is it possible to introduce it in the Visitor script export, so the scaling only appears in Visitor script import? I think this would be an acceptable workaround. (Same for pitch & bank too.)

For me the random scaling & pitch/bank of vegetation is essential, and I'd hate to see any avenues for this unexplored smile_o.gif

Pitch/bank can be randomised, it's handled via the "Vector" value in the brush menu (dbl-rmb). But be carful, use only small values there!

Pitch/bank can be randomised, it's handled via the "Vector" value in the brush menu (dbl-rmb). But be carful, use only small values there!

Yeah - but I also read that this randomness does not get written to the Visitor script.

(BTW, dbl-rmb doesn't seem to work for me.)

My security program has detected that this file has a Trojan Virus within it, please be aware and check your folders if you can........... huh.gif

read the topic (!!wink_o.gif

, I thought it virus too, but its just a program that runs the editor, its considered as virus only beacause its build in "virus" style (or something like that whistle.gif ) but its totally harmless

Yeah - but I also read that this randomness does not get written to the Visitor script.

(BTW, dbl-rmb doesn't seem to work for me.)

Re Visitor: Indeed, you are right.

Re dbl-rmb: Press B for Brush mode, after that you get into the menu with dbl-rmb. Sorry for not telling the whole story wink_o.gif

Outstanding work, outstanding tool.

Wow. This is really amazing, Ive only spent an hour so far learning stuff, and whatnot, but just wow.

Seriously, the possibilities are just endless, heck you could build a dang castle with this.. or whatever you wanted.

And truly amazing work on just the whole interface and how it functions, the way objects can be selected, and you can even make an sqm out of it, which I didnt even know you could do.

Thanks to everyone who worked on this smile_o.gif

Edit/

A quick question - I cant for the life of me find a way to directly elevate/lower the camera position strait up/down. Even when I stare at ground, then zoom back, when I try to plane out to look across from the new elevated position, it ends up working my position back to the ground.

It is so disappointing not being able to check this out since I don't have QG.

It is so disappointing not being able to check this out since I don't have QG.

Then buy it. tounge2.gif At amazon.de you can get it for 7,77 €. I doubt that this is far above that what any user who is surfing these forums can spend, sitting in front of a 500€-22"-screen and a 1500€-hyper-machine...

Does anyone experience an incompatibility with ESP MOD (zeus) and 3DE addons? It reports back that tovarna2.p3d is damaged and all the factories (even on Sahrani!wink_o.gif are missing from the map, even in MP.

When you disable 3DE and restart game, everything works normally.

Does anyone experience an incompatibility with ESP MOD (zeus) and 3DE addons? It reports back that tovarna2.p3d is damaged and all the factories (even on Sahrani!wink_o.gif are missing from the map, even in MP.

I am not aware of that, but it probably never was tested. In general I'd just not start ArmAExt and not load the 3DE pbo to play.

If the ESPMod done all things in a regular way, it shouldn't give any problems. whistle.gif

But if there for example a own factory building modified in the original BIS Building entry (like in Avghani a lot weeks ago), the MAP_EU may could produce some wierd thing i couldn't calculate yet.

(The same Problems should also be in any other kind of EU that wouldn't modify original classes !wink_o.gif  

But in this case this problem isn't made by the 3DE !  

I think i should download the ESP MOD and have a look in there. wink_o.gif

:edit:

Where can i find the ESP Mod ? icon_rolleyes.gif

The only tiny thing I miss on the 3DE map are City names, it just would make it perfect. And please use some constant language, like...the names are in German or in English or in Spanish, this would give the map a little more life imho.

The only tiny thing I miss on the 3DE map are City names, it just would make it perfect. And please use some constant language, like...the names are in German or in English or in Spanish, this would give the map a little more life imho.

As far as I know they didn't want to add them as it is a pure 3DE demo.

You can add those names ingame via locations, though. these commands should be enough:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/createLocation

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setText

As raedor sayed, the island was planned as pure demo and get the name Dreide or Drei-D-E some handful of hours before release.

(Drei is the german word for the number 3 whistle.gif)

An Dreide Island is only one City called Dreide.

all other Zones are for industry, farming or tourism.

So we happend to see any use of citynames and placed some icons instead.

Just finished a wall around Materado, and I'll tell you Rob does a fine job! tounge2.gif

Really, it took about 3 or 4 hours to get used to things, but the kind of quality you can get from working with this editor is really unreal.

Ive managed to get a 500 or so section wall done in about, eh, 4 hours, and it flows nicely and evenly with the terrain. This sort of fancy looking landscaped wall would have been impossible without this editor in Arma.

And the possibilities go on.. put in a building that has an interior, well you know how fast it can be to actually decorate the interior? Were talking the ability to make the game world oblivion style detailed here, PERIOD - thats what this editor provides.

Sure, it still takes work for the mission maker, but its nothing beyond a few clicks and mouse movements, heck its actually a better editor than what Oblivion itself provides in ease of usage.

Im not sure why you guys dont work for Bis.. but you Should.

Sure but please keep in mind that not destructed interior objects hang in the air if the building collapses ...