The of the MAP_EU V1.10 ist out now:

http://www.mapfact.net/include....tid=660

Changes (see the top left picture):

- sand tracks 'roads' added

- sand pathes 'sideways' added

- vertical variants of camo nettings and bunkers added

- some destructioneffects changed

Now that the current subject is roads:

Lester can i ask for a small video showing the details on how to set and use/place roads on the map and all respective features on road concern using this 3DE too?

I ask this because i feel its easier and faster to make the network roads on visitor then using the 3DE tool, maybe im wrong because i don't know how to use it properly..

That said can you/someone, please, prove/show/convince me that this feeling is wrong?

Thanks

edit: typo

Hey guys, I have to say between this nd RTE--Arma has gotten a whole lot more fun for me. I use to like tinkering and building crap in those Sims game (and yes, I've had my fair share of morbidly cruel ways of killing off the lil guys lol tounge2.gif ) I love to learn and try out different base building methods so these are great tools to make that possible.

However, I was wondering if there are any material out there for the really, really, retarded dummies like myself to really grasp some of the more technical things. I know there were those workshops, but with time differences and unexpected things popping up in life (between 3 uncles in the hospital and a close friend/neighbor dying), it was extremely difficult to make them.

Anyways, figured I'd take a shot an ask. 3DE is an amazing and powerful tool. Between this and RTE, I'm have a lot of fun learning new things I didn't think I could awhile ago. Truly wonderful! notworthy.gif

Oh, Ok ...

I forgot that we use a little bit changed version.  icon_rolleyes.gif

But if i place the objects with the downloadable release version (Wv Concrete1 or Wv Grey Long)

i can load the project at the exacte same view as saved.  huh.gif

Only when i export as sqm it becomes also the "random angles". (It seems that here is the version change of our internal version  whistle.gif )

The Ws type walls becomes in any case in sqm some problems, thats fact.

Actually we can't reproduce your problem, we try it the next days.

Hmm this is wierd. first...

Some paths to show you that everything is installed as it should.

"C:\Pelit\ArmA\ArmAExt\run.bat"

in run.bat is "run "..\arma.exe" -mod=@mapfact -nosplash"

Problem is, when i click it, it doesent "rollback" to previous folder.

Just sayes: "File not Found: C:\Pelit\ArmA\ArmAExt\..\arma.exe"

I think you have to change the path in your run.bat (or directy in a link) like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">run "C:\Pelit\ArmA\arma.exe" -mod=@mapfact -nosplash

tryed that one also.

it just keeps adding the "C:\Pelit\ArmA\ArmAExt\" in front if it.

tryed that one also.

it just keeps adding the "C:\Pelit\ArmA\ArmAExt\" in front if it.

What OS are you using? Maybe Vista does handle batches now in another way?

Xp S3.

hmm i could try to place shortcut on armaext folder for arma.exe and try that way..

just need to know what shortcuts are "arma.?"

Same OS configuration as mine ...

Here is my (of cause working) starting commandline (i'm @home now wink_o.gif ):

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">G:\ArmA\ArmAExt\run.exe "..\arma.exe" -nosplash -mod=DBE1;@Mapfact; -profiles=g:\ArmA\profiles\

Take it with a grain of salt if you wish.

Final testing results :

Rahmadi : All objects align perfectly during 3DE project saves and loads, as well as mission and script saves. I have seen no problems here at all.

Sahrani : On the Northern Island objects do not align properly during 3DE project saves. Reloading reveals objects knocked out of alignment often. This seems to be at its worst in areas where there is any sort of changes in terrain. For some reason it does not happen on the southern island so far. And this error is of course transferred to any script save. I have seen this doing walls around Modesta, Bagango, Pacamac, bascially it seems the entire northern island is causing this.

Objects losing angles set : This has nothing to do with 3DE. Objects, seemingly especially walls, that are placed on a somewhat steep hill, where the wall stretch is "perpendicular" to the angled part of the hill (wall 'faces' up the hill), can be knocked off of their original set direction. The steeper the hill, the worse the effect. I can confirm the effect is reliable to a perfect "t", if a wall piece is knocked off of its direction due to it sitting on a hill side (and the wall 'faces' up the hill), it will always be the exact same new angle imposed on the wall upon mission view.

Believe me or not, but I know that Lesters test on those walls was done on Rahmadi, and I can confirm its all perfect there. Switch to Sahrani, and it is quite different.

Unless of course as someone stated I have the wrong version here.. whistle.gif

And wasnt trying to bash this mod at all in my previous post about this issue, I was just asking for help, and have spent the last 3 days trying to track down why this has been happening fyi. I have nothing but respect for the hard work done on this editor.

Edit/

After running a few more walls at different angles on the Sahrani south Island I was able to get a stretch to 'break' as well, on a beach area with low hills.

I wonder if this may have something to do with terrain detail settings?

I can confirm this "random angles" on Sahrani on high ground positions with the release version. huh.gif

Try to check this with our internal version on the same place today and hopes that the effect here is eliminated.

Otherwise i have to do some tests with the wall objects to correct this problem.

Building concrete wall around oilfield near Cayo and I just want to know - are those flying bar gates "feature" of ArmA like flying pallet?

Can you point me at those medieval fortifications "Helfenburg" or they not present in MAP_EU?

I can confirm this "random angles" on Sahrani on high ground positions with the release version. huh.gif

Try to check this with our internal version on the same place today and hopes that the effect here is eliminated.

Otherwise i have to do some tests with the wall objects to correct this problem.

3DE V1.0 (not the beta)

Map_EU V1.1

These are not random angles, the x,y position is modified only, as far as the issue with the 3DE editor goes. And this happens to all objects I have tried to use on northern island areas of Sahrani. This is not an issue with the objects directly, almost 100% certain of this - as I can place these same objects in a strait line in the arma editor anywhere and there is no issue.

From my tests, it appears that this is due to areas that have constant terrain changes.

For example, look at Rahmadi, the terrain changes are very gradual, then look at areas on Sahrani, especially the northern island, even on a seemingly flat surface, there is actually constant bumps here and there, I beleive these areas are causing this to happen. This would lead me to think terrain detail settings could be the cuplrit, as these bumps and edges plain out more as detail settings are reduced - and of course this means what is seen while in the 3DE is not neccessarily what will be transferred over to a project save, depending on terrain settings (this is just a theory).

The issue with the objects actually losing their directional headings, this happens without even using 3DE, and using default arma objects. I do not think there would be any fix, I believe this is Arma causing this.

There is a way to manually fix any objects that lose their directional heading due to steep terrain, one can view the object in the mission, and reverse the angle that it ends up having in game, so when ran in mission, the terrain forces the angle change it ends up making the object face the desired direction.

I would be happy to try out the 'internal' version, this is another version up on mapfact site?

Again, just to be clear from what I have seen, this is not likely an issue with objects themselves, this is an issue with terrain for sure and getting true locations of objects in the 3DE due to terrain changes I think is the issue, which leads me to think terrain detail settings may end up being an additional issue.

Same OS configuration as mine ...

Here is my (of cause working) starting commandline (i'm @home now wink_o.gif ):

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">G:\ArmA\ArmAExt\run.exe "..\arma.exe" -nosplash -mod=DBE1;@Mapfact; -profiles=g:\ArmA\profiles\

Thanks that worked fine.

its "bit" different than the original in run.bat wink_o.gif

is it possible to objects floating while over water?

hard to get bridge on line while all of its pieces are floating with the sea

Thats of cause a problematic thing.

You have to place it manually as good you can (via ASL in the usermenu) and in visitor you bring the over water pieces manually to the same height as the land parts. wink_o.gif

For a mission use no trick is known.

(Also the AI won't use misson placed bridges !wink_o.gif

Ok, well i have done it via bit of sweat and "bad words".

just need to be bit lucky on timing smile_o.gif

workd on 3DE and on project, but when saved to mission file it looses its positions. (and yep on 3DE island).

if i remember correct, this also ONLY happens over water.

Has to be sayed this should have been in arma, or in arma2.

Makes life that much easyer.

(if we dont count these small things)

Hi guys. I was spending the past few days building a FOB type structure for RACS troops on Schmalfelden. got everything as aligned as I could (and had a lot of fun if I do say so myself). Now I tried exporting as a mission file and when I ran the mission using it--I get this error:

3DE_Yokh_error.jpg

Now the base shows up fine (thankfully) however many of the walls are now really uneven and stuff. now, I'd rather have uneven walls than ones flying above the ground, but can anyone shed some light on that error to little ol' noobish me? In 3de everything is perfect--but once outside of it, that's where things get a bit "weird".  sad_o.gif

Still, even so I have been having a lot of fun exploring the editor and making my bases. Now it only takes minutes to put the walls up and aligned. Loving it.  biggrin_o.gif  yay.gif  notworthy.gif

Hey Guys,

Is it possible to place small arms with MAP 3DE? If so how would I go about it? I can't find any of the models in the in any of the object lists.

Thanks