Sign in to follow this  
mcpxxl

Mapfact releases 3DE-Project

Hmm what im doing wrong when the objects imported to visitor arent on the location where i placed them?

ie. Bridge drops underwater?

Made a test with the latest version

I bet you did not copy the sqf into the root of your mission folder as Silola described here:

You mean my custom mission folder specifically right? Well um, yes I did. I did it anyway to make double sure and still got the error. I even specifically said that I put the pitchbank sqf in the mission folder:

Quote[/b] ]Ok I downloaded the new stuff, laid down some Hesco barriers on Sakakah for a test. Saved it as a script and when I tested the mission in the editor it gave me the same pitchbank.sqf not found error. I even pasted it into the mission folder and its still giving me the error.

wink_o.gif

[EDIT] Ok to cover all the bases let's try this. I'll tell yu everything I do and then you can figure out how my dumb ass self screwed up instead of trying to guess. tounge2.gif

Right well:

1) I downloaded the update. Plopped it into the 3de editor mod folder letting it replace anything it had to.

2) Launched it as I normally did via the run.bat.

3) Made my project-putting everything down I wanted. Saved it (in case of crashes).

4) Then I clicked to export as the script file.

5) Now I dropped both the script and the pitchbank sqf into the mission folder that I'm working on.

6) I edited the init file to run the script and save.

7) Started ArmA with the yoma launcher as I usually do with the addons I use (or what my mission requires) and load it up in the editor. Hit preview and sure enough it gets the pitchbank error. I click ok and can still play/test/view the mission.

That's about it in a nutshell.

Hello smile_o.gif

@Betsalel:

--------------

I wrote this:

Quote[/b] ]- [changed] You don't need the MAP_3DE.pbo, if you create an sqm file.

now You only need to copy the "OED_Set_PitchBank.sqf in your mission folder (Component of the Zip file)

As u can see there is nothing about a "sqf-file". The solution is "sqm" only wink_o.gif

But if u want the same effect for "sqf" try the following...

If you have generated a "sqf" script, you find there several times this code:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">compile preprocessFile "\MAP_3DE\OED\OED_Set_PitchBank.sqf"

You have now only to replace this code by the following:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">compile preprocessFile "OED_Set_PitchBank.sqf"

That's all. It's not really hard xmas_o.gif

@Dren:

----------

The problem exists only in connection with objects they are placed on or near water, right?

So the readme says this:

Quote[/b] ]There are problems with the placing of objects on or near water.

The position will not be hold or saved exactly, because of the animated water.

Accordingly these objects must be adjusted afterwards in Visitor.

For this problem, there is still no solution ... sorry

Greeting

Silola

Ah i tought it were only ingame editor.

So that means if you place object on shore (not in water) it will do the same?

Hi,

depending on the object, the behavior is different.

It may be that the center of the object serves as a reference position.

You have to try out the exact behavior for each object.

Hey Silola,

Thanks for the response mate. I'll give it a try as per your instructions. I just have to train my brain to get use to all this stuff. tounge2.gif

Okay i have to ask this if i have a few guys using 3DE to work on a new island. Can we share the project and how? We tried to copy the files and add them in the 3de files folder in the root Arma directory to each of our PC's and only person that could load the project was the one that started it. Does it save a file to your Arma Profiles?

Please let me know we have been messing with this for a week now and i am getting frustrated crazy_o.gif

Please read the Manual completly

All things are described there and NO you cannot "just copy some files"

If you copy the whole "files" folder in armaext then it should go, but you lost all your own projects and favorites etc.

The normal way should be that someone starts arma as server and all other people connect onto it, then all people see the projects from others in realtime.

Hi there.  Having some issues with the import to Visitor.  I did the import templates thing, saved & closed & reopened, imported the objects.  Everything seemed to work ok, and all of the objects showed up in Buldozer, I was very happy.  I did note that all of the objects imported from 3DE appeared in Visitor as green circles/ovals, though, instead of the usual red boxes for buildings.

Then I tried to copy/paste some of the objects to another .pew file (working on a collaborative project, most of the guys are just using Visitor), and got an error on every object imported from 3DE, saying "unknown object template, object will not be imported".

After a bit of investigating, I've noticed that the objects imported from 3DE all have .p3d after the end of the name (when viewed in object properties), whereas the ones placed in Visitor don't.

If I do a search/replace in Visitor and replace the 3DE versions with the equivalent Visitor versions, I can then copy/paste the objects just fine between .pew files, and they show up correctly in Visitor as red boxes.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to avoid or easily fix this problem?  Perhaps another Visitor script (to strip the .p3d extension on the object reference) might help, but I don't know how to do that.

After the import you can export the objects via the vis export obejcts script. (Save as txt or vis) Then you can search and replace with notepad++ or equalant text editor the nesessary stuff.

To import the Objects into new island you need to be sure that all obects are alredy defined in the template list. You can easaly import the templates via the visitor menue under "Project/Import Templates" function and load the pew.

That pretty much worked, thanks - I think I might have lost a few items in the process, probably ones that didn't already have a template loaded. Will continue to work on it. I tried making a copy of the .vis script file generated by 3DE and deleting all the .p3d extensions, but that didn't work.

Originally Posted by Lester

above all the point that the 3DE can't be used in ArmA2 some things would be more complicated.

From another thread.

You can use a1 to build your world with 3de and easily port it to a2 or not?

This is possible, sure ...

... but this force also that no ArmA2 object can be placed on the correct position.

Some (nearly) identical objects brings other coordiantes meters away from the ArmA1 ones.

Additionally the wonderful new ArmA2 objects like Industry Buildings, Train-Components, Castle Ruins etc and also can't be used because ArmA don't like the new ODOL+ format of ArmA2.

Overall the new ArmA2 objects aren't placeable in ArmA1 without having MLODs of all. ;)

Hi, that sounds sad for those of us that only have the ArmA & not the AA2, if that works

that way with the objects like buildings... then i guess that's the same for things like the

weapons then; the M14-A1, the M1014 etc. How sad. Let's C ya