Sign in to follow this  
mcpxxl

Mapfact releases 3DE-Project

i did. and that is what happend to me. what am i doing wrong then.

i put the Armaext folder into the ARMA directory and then i whent into the Armaext folder and started run.bat and that is what happend.

Fantastic job on the editor, it’ll make mission/map editing all the more easier.

I’m just having one issue when testing the mission file outputted. The objects placed refer to a missing sqf file (OED_Set_PitchBank.sqf) any idea why this is happening?

Yet again, great job and a HUGE thank you! notworthy.gif

your system stops or kills the run.exe i think

Some systems block without a message

@Talyn

Be sure to get ALL needed addons and keep in mind map_services is also changed.

Ah and if you want to use the bank pitch option you need to load the 3de addon in your mission because it uses funktion of it.

I think but i will clear that with Silola

I've just been learning about this with the help of the MAPFACT team - what you have created is unbelievable and once again you have given the community much more than it could have ever dreamed of.  The functionality you've include even puts the VBS2 3d editor to shame.

Many many thanks,

norrin

I too would like to congratulate the Mapfact team that worked so hard on this project.

I very much appreciate the time you all took today/yesterday with your online workshops very impressive.

Hands down the most powerful feature of your effort in my opinion is the ability to be able to collaborate with other 'players' in populating an island with objects.

A very worthy effort.  thumbs-up.gif

just to explain the issue I’m experiencing a bit better. Every object I have placed in 3DE has the following extension in the int field:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">oedummy=[this, 0, 0] call (compile preprocessFile "\\MAP_3DE\OED\OED_Set_PitchBank.sqf");

For example, here is the int line I have in one of the objects:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this setpos [2298.99,1829.39,4.62724];oedummy=[this, 0, 0] call (compile preprocessFile "\\MAP_3DE\OED\OED_Set_PitchBank.sqf");

I can remove that line from every object and everything still works. I’m just wondering if it’s something I’ve done/clicked that  is causing this.

Is the expansion pack Queen's Gambit required or not?

Just checking because it is not really clear if it is required.

The map_3de.pbo (the core programm) requires just arma 1.14.

map_eu.pbo requires Queens Gambit and other stuff you can see on the mapfact dl pages of each addon.

As much as I want to use this, I can't see uninstalling my antivirus and reinstalling after I download this. My AVG install will not allow me to download this 3DE file.

Here's hoping I can enjoy the fruits of other people's labor.

Good job to all on the team, this looks great.

If you send a message or email to AVG, they will flag it as a safe file in thier next update, which is usually everyday. I use AVG free myself as well, as it seems to be the best virus scanner with the smallest footprint in terms of system resources, that and the fact that it's free wink_o.gif. I can't see uninstalling my virus application as a valid option to be able to install these addons...

Great stuff guys, really, Bravo!

What I dream of seeing is a full-scale island made by Mapfact... like TCS Plage's Mapfact Nogova, but with all the benefits ArmA has to offer in that area. smile_o.gif

Great work once again.

When I try to run the run file in armaext folder it says I dont have specific rights or permissions to start it. Though I'm administrator and can do anything on my computer. The Run batch file also doesn't finish itself it pops up then a millisecond later it shuts down.

If your running AVG turn off the resident sheild and then start the run.bat file

your system stops or kills the run.exe i think

Some systems block without a message

Then what the hell am i supose to do to fix this? mad_o.gif

ive disabled my fire wall and everything but the Run.bat Dosnt work.

How do you stop resident shell I turned off everything it does but still didn't work. And in services its impossible for it to stop.

hello,

many thanks for some positive comments smile_o.gif

I know about the problem with the "run.exe", but that is not really a problem.

we at mapfact use this little (and very usefull) prog from voyager for a long time now, without any problems.

each vir-prog (as I know) have an option, to allow access to a single file if it needed. You only have to find the right option ;-)

If you have problems to start ArmAExt, u have to check first,

if all needed files in the folder of ArmAExt, because sometime your

antivir-prog delete one of them.

Here the original content from ArmaExt:

exton3.jpg

If u miss one file, u have to re-install the ArmAExt-folder.

Also important: U must run the "run.bat" file and not the "run.exe" file.

If u don't like the 3DE, because of the probs with some antivir-progs, please don't use it !!

U have allways the option to place all objects manually.

It only needs a "little bit" more time tounge2.gif

Greeting

Silola

Outstanding job with the editor guys....you nailed it and once again proved that possibilities are endless with this game and engine.

Ability of collaboration and many poeople being able to work on an island and merging them later on is one of the coolest functions. Saving object groups to be used by others and in other projects is another.

But I loved the randomizations in creating 10-second forrests and abstract-art most biggrin_o.gif.

Online workshop was a nice touch and I had some good time even tho it was a bit late and exhausting for you. Thanks for the time and effort.

I'll try organize one in the clan just like you did so that this knowledge is passed from father to son  nener.gif  tounge2.gif .

Re the Run.bat and run.exe.

I'm using avast. What I did was;

-Ignored the alert and took "no action". ( Set your antivurus to ask you what to do when it finds a malware so that you can ignore it.)

-Then, in the AV settings include the folder to exclusions list and it works..

-If you can't, you can disable (not uninstall) your AV software for a brief period.

THX Crawler

3DE TEAMEDIT Server is open so far

Feel free to use it

Emmi

alias

MCPXXL

Awesome.jpg

Very very very very cool !

Only, I got a graphic glitch, a couple of small lock-ups and then a memory error as I exited ArmA.

I was was only using the 3DE with your island, as a play.

The islands "intro" missions was probably running for 20mins (phone rang)

But .... uber cool.

Just like to add my thanks for the online workshops

lastnight guys,great job!

i realy do appreciate the work you guys put into it

you all had great patience with us and considering you seemed to have done 10 hours straight of german and then eng tuts you showed amazing dedication.

Also like to add that i would recommend the online ws to anyone intrested,theres lots to learn and its great fun working and learning  together on one server.

I will definatly be joining if there are anymore workshops.

once again thank you on behalf of the arma online community

you guys have earned a rest,hope you all enjoyed an extra long lie in today biggrin_o.gif

but somehow seeing what you've done with 3de and your dedication to the project i doubt that happened   wink_o.gif

Hope the guys at bis sit up and take note of the tallents you guys have,3DE has to be the best addition for arma so far imo.

enabling people who arent expreinced with visitor and island creation using the offical tools to join in and try it out without having to be a visitor expert.

and enabling people to cooperate on a map project and work together at the same time....genius!

BiGGiBs

notworthy.gif

A few thoughts and ideas:

[*] Did you try to disable the waves for the editing phase via the config to get reliable height data?

[*] Zoom out more on the mini map could be useful for large islands.

[*] Can you customize the angle for the object placement via AWSD?

[*] For the brush mode to see the actual value for the sliders would be useful.

Thanks again. Very impressive and very useful. xmas_o.gif

I went nuts yesterday. I don't know what I did, but whatever it was worked because now I got into the editor finally. I had experienced the same as Gnat, but those minor things aside....WOW!

You guys really put a lot of passion into this thing. I have a lot to learn still, maybe in time people will do some tutorial videos. But man-oh-man, this thing is nuts....like a dream come true. We can't express our gratitude enough for all the hard work you guys put into this. Congrats on a huge success! thumbs-up.gifbiggrin_o.gif

3dedin2.jpg [url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=1

i got that error, the first folder even dosen´t exist !!

all arma file are in c: programme !!

i dont get it. do you have a solution for this.

system: windows vista 64

thx for help wink_o.gif