Sign in to follow this  
coma73

middle eastern civilians

i started a new topic becuase these arent actually opfpr but rather middle eastern civilians

so far they are almost done.

they include custom clothing and custom faces which are set at random

whats left to do-

*add more faces, and fix some small errors

*decide which side to add them to, im thinking independent (with wepons) and civilians

add shemags to some

arma2008-08-2018-32-26-73.jpg

arma2008-08-2018-32-35-95.jpg

mecivs8.jpg

Awesome work man. Will be great for adding in with a terrorist mod or something on an iraq/afghan map or something. Gotta chose your targets correctly... dont wanna be shooting any civis that are thrown into the mix. Hell... make some Civi, some Independent, and some opfor.... then we'll really have that effect of the enemy dressed like civis and not knowing its really an enemy till the rifle is aimed at you and possibly already pulling off a round. Nice work!

Maybe add some to the civilian side, and some (with maybe weapons) to the independent side.

Do look good though! smile_o.gif

I recommend adding them to Civilians side if they have no weapons. You can also make a config to add them to OPFOR side and put some default BIS RPGs/Ak74 in their hands wink_o.gif

Great project mate smile_o.gif

Plenty of use in scenarios wink_o.gif

thnx alot guys fo rthe encouragement. i do plan on also making asian civilians, african and possibly latinos. what other races do you feel would be most needed. the asian is in the works, and african could use bis faces.

I would like to see more "europian" civies, I don't really like those beach bums from regular ArmA crazy_o.gif

ya about the eropean civs, i was thinking about that myself, mayby making more outfits in this pack and just using bis faces for them and keep most of these outfits, though these are menat to reflect middle eastern style dress.

tbh i saw quite a lot of striped shirts in iraq crowd pictures, as well as a lot of soccer shirts which i just havent bothered with yet if i do. though ideally ide have more long sleeved button up shirts since most muslims in the middle east arent supposed to wear t-shirts

and as far as making alot more style of clothing tospend hundreds of hours modeling would be pointless if someone has that kind time ill gladly make a texture, but usually the ones asking th emost are the ones that dont know just how hard even making this simple addon has been. ive easily spent over a hundred hrs believe it or not

Well, please keep it up mate - it's an impressive looking pack wink_o.gif

Stew

I was only trying to give a helping hand with some pics in case if you needed any and just a friendly well-meaning suggestion, mate. Suggestions don't go over well and get mistaken as something else 'round here. Sorry, won't happen again, trust me. whistle.gif

Still look forward to their release, nonetheless.

and as far as making alot more style of clothing tospend hundreds of hours modeling would be pointless if someone has that kind time ill gladly make a texture, but usually the ones asking th emost are the ones that dont know just how hard even making this simple addon has been. ive easily spent over a hundred hrs believe it or not

Trust me, I believe you. crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

hey srry if i sounded pissy. its easy to get pissy. but alas you ask and you shall receive. i must stress that alot of these models came with a great deal of help from agamoth.

here are some (gasp) LONG SLEEVED CIVILIANS!

arma2008-08-2215-50-48-15.jpg

oh and by the way this will most likely be part of a larger pack, which will include african and european civilans as well. though i think i will release middle eastern civilians on its own.

got me a new job thats been eating my time, i am gonna try and do some work today , they are pretty close, mostly i need a few more shirts and a few more faces. should be close now. also i think i will release them as 1 pack, with 3 civilians europe, middle east and africa. my reason being, that they shall share the same models thus making it pretty much the same size as if i released them seperate. im attempting at making a larger set or original clothing though. but im still gonna try and keep it small as i can.

Looking forward to these, choosing between the afor mentioned "beach bums" and battle rigged insurgents to portray civis is getting old.