Sign in to follow this  
colligpip

xr server

>If you are at high speed, especially with the SU aircraft, you need to practice this to discover how far ahead of the plane the bombs hit when you release, which can be very far.

Maybe I'm being unecessarily pedantic but that doesn't quite seem to make sense!

Do you mean either:

a) How far ahead of the target you must release the bombs in order to hit it (which would be a logn way with normal bombs, not so far with retarded bombs)

b) How far behind the aircraft the bombs are when they hit the ground (which would be not very far with normal bombs, much further with retarded bombs)

he means you must predic the impact point,

which would be far away from the point of release. depends on speed & hight

I phrased it in a bad way, then... which would have implied the bombs race ahead of the plane, lol smile_o.gif

Most people tend to drop too late, so the bombs overshoot... even if you think you're being generous you might find you still have to release a bit earlier.

Nope, all the aircraft prototypes are all dumb drops, you cant laser a target for them... can't pickle the bombs either... so you drop your entire load at once.  

The upside is that as you land back at base, you dont have to sit right next to an ammo truck [and risk getting stuck on it] to get it to work.  You only merely have to be within range of an ammo truck and select "Rearm Bombs Bay" and wait for it to say you have rearmed, and then be back in the sky to drop again.

WARNING:  The command "Open Bay Doors" WILL drop the bombs.  So don't open it early thinking you'll get a "Drop Bombs" command after that.

------------------------------------------------------------

More info:

Paratroopers = You can call in paratroops anywhere, so if you are deep in enemy territory it can be useful.  The downside is that ArmA bugs with the parachutes makes some of the soldiers die.  You receive a full complement of infantry (riflemen, machinegunner, grenadier, medic, AT, AA)... about nine or ten of them.

APC Paradrop = For Opfor, you get a BMP.  I forget what BLUFOR gets (M113? Stryker?).  Very nice if you need an offensive vehicle deep in enemy territory.

Satellite Cam = You now can scan the entire battlefield and search for where the enemy is and have realtime data to relay to your teammates.  It can be fun watching where the enemy MHQ is... and sometimes you lose track of the MHQ because it used fast travel, so you frantically search nearby towns in the hope of finding where it is again [sometimes you get lucky, a lot of times not].

Aircraft and Tank Countermeasures = Adds a probability that a missile fired at you will miss.  I find the Tank Countermeasure far more effective, espeically with a T72 or M1A1... it allows you to run away to repair yourself and then continue on.  Very useful when clearing town of RACS, as it deflects missiles from AA soldiers [not sure if it does AT, although it does seem to kick in there too].

Human Player Roles You Choose From the Lobby

Medic= Can heal self and others and your AI soldiers [order them to heal while being the closest medic to them].

Engineer = Can repair any vehicle, you will repair 25% of it each time, takes 2-3 mins before you can repair again.  Very useful when using captured RACS vehicles to clear towns with, such as the T72.

Special Forces/Spetnatz = You can lockpick any vehicle in version 00083, as version 00083 has vehicles with locks (keys to unlock them are owned by those who bought the vehicle, they always spawn locked but can be left unlocked by owner).  You can also place a bomb in a vehicle to convert it into an IED that is overlooked by enemy [instead of satchel on ground giving away your intent to blow someone up].  Currently, lockpick is bugged in that you can't get out of the vehicle once you get in it, should be fixed later this month.

Officer = The last role in the list, is the ONLY player on the team that can build a FARP for $5000.  This allows you to respawn at it if you are within 1500m of it, so if you place this in a hidden spot near the enemy HQ you can cause a lot of chaos, respawning constantly.  Has many uses for the battlefield.  FARP can easily be destroyed by running it over (When it is flattened, it is dead) or using grenades or AT rocket or satchel on it.

This XR server is realy great and the warfare versions on the server beeing played. RBT or something i believe.

Invasion from a small island or starting on the mainland.

The Mission map is great, see other topic in warfare.

The XR server is realy fun i think, for me the best pvp muliplayer server for arma smile_o.gif

Plenty of people playing there on a regular base, it seems every night sometimes.

And i have seen people helping out newbies most of the time quite nicely, including myself when learning the last ins and outs of the comm postition.

People know there job on this server and it creates a very strategic arma experience a lot of the times.

Also nice is that you dont have to be a member of their clan to play along.

Compliments for the server that i play 90% of the times.

Agreed, its a great server. Many thanks to Brit for the server, and Benny for all the insane coding!

I wish 1.15 would come out before ArmA 2 does... because honestly, if ArmA 2 comes out first, its going to suck so much of the online playerbase over there that 1.15 would not be as appreciated as much as it could be.

It would fix the Join in Progress lag, which some people find too annoying to tolerate...

Even with the xr server at 3.5ghz the cpu has a hardtime on warfare. Maps like warfare would really benifit from being able to use multi core which is somethink arma cant do. So even if 1..5 patch fixed jip lag there would prob be lag from the cpu maxing out and hiting 5fps.

Berzerk run at 45fps with 64 players months ago when i tested on the qx server and warfare runs at 5fps with 32 players due to all the ai and units being built. If your ask me the ai group size per player is to high. Think its like 20 or somethink.... should be 12 max

Even with the xr server at 3.5ghz the cpu has a hardtime on warfare. Maps like warfare would really benifit from being able to use multi core which is somethink arma cant do. So even if 1..5 patch fixed jip lag there would prob be lag from the cpu maxing out and hiting 5fps.

Berzerk run at 45fps with 64 players months ago when i tested on the qx server and warfare runs at 5fps with 32 players due to all the ai and units being built. If your ask me the ai group size per player is to high. Think its like 20 or somethink.... should be 12 max

Especially with all the custom map editing these days.

So what has Benny been up to? [Revellion has not played ArmA in a long time, is AWOL, so RBT will become BE (Benny Edition)].

As it turns out, Benny's been busy on the game as always!

After people complained that the game can really lag badly in framerate the longer the game goes on, Benny has been hard at work at building it up from Warfare 1.1 again, streamlining everything. I think thats fantastic news!

This is the thread where Benny explains his new BE edition he is building from the ground up.

http://www.hotshots.folkersma.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1516

Just finished one of the best Warfare matches I've had in a long time on your server, good players there. Kudos to you for having this running.

Shame about the occasional crashes, though what can you do lol