Sign in to follow this  
colligpip

xr server

Anybody played on the XR server the version of warfare on there is really good and its full all the time...

I dont see any release on here are the peeps who made the RBT-lvd version here at all?

See I don't understand how that works. How can someone without the files play on a server that is hosting that mod?

See I don't understand how that works. How can someone without the files play on a server that is hosting that mod?

Do you notice that when you first play a mission that is new/edited, that you download the mission first?

That's how it works.

Its only when there are files being used that are not part of basic ArmA that you are required to use addons.

As for the XR server, one of the guys who works on that version the map is Benny.  Very friendly guy and a hell of a player.

The Command Centers that have been added to the game really work very nicely... maybe a bit too nicely if there are so many bases all over the map that neither side finds it easy enough to "win" the game.  [For those who haven't seen it in action, they are respawn locations, so we can respawn at old bases if they are still intact.  You're not limited to just the HQ or the town you are in.]

With the large view distances and the wrecks and bodies that pile up after several hours, the frames per second do drag so heavily that people leave the server.  When I fly by Corazol if it was a major battleground for hours, I see tons of white squares whiz past on the radar... even if I had tried to clean it up with a salvage truck.

It would be very nice to have a "flush out all bodies and wrecks" script, if that was even possible... to fix that lag.

Do you notice that when you first play a mission that is new/edited, that you download the mission first?

That's how it works.

Its only when there are files being used that are not part of basic ArmA that you are required to use addons.

Ok so it’s like a force download, just no addition addons pushed through.

That’s the reason why this game is so easy to hack in MP. There is no check sum to see if someone has an edited version of the mission or not.

Anyways I'll take a look and see what all the commotion is about and ask why they are hording all the goodies.

The Command Centers that have been added to the game really work very nicely... maybe a bit too nicely if there are so many bases all over the map that neither side finds it easy enough to "win" the game. [For those who haven't seen it in action, they are respawn locations, so we can respawn at old bases if they are still intact. You're not limited to just the HQ or the town you are in.]

I think this is the reason that the server is full so much the games can go on for ages the rounds dont end so quick and people dont leave. so there has been a nearly full server constantly for about a week now

whenever i look anyway.

could really do with a clean up option tho as somebody said

I like the fact you can build vehicles remotely form a much greater distance. You can scout ahead at the start then once youve made a bit of money call in your own cars and armour etc reminds me of RTS 4 that I used to love playing on full servers.

It’s ok I guess smile_o.gif pertty much the same as regular Warfare, a few additions, but nothing major.

I don't understand the use of the boats on land though... confused_o.gif

I don't understand the use of the boats on land though... confused_o.gif

Its the commander's job to bring the MHQ to a shoreline (ie: somewhere near Mercalillo), build a base, and build a second vehicle factory near the shore [to buy a land vehicle, use the one inland, to buy a boat, use the one by the shore].

Then pray you make it across the water before an attack helicopter or attack jet merely hits tab and the left mouse button from thousands of meters away.

I didn't know the mine field was implemented to the camps buy menu... that’s smart... Cuse the HQ build menu is nearly unmodable from what I can tell.

Was anybody here in the 6 hour game of warfare that just happened it was Epic.

Most of the game was a stale mate for ages wih mass arty bombardments until west seemed to loose command and controll and east pushed through - Obregon must have changed hands about twenty times it was truly a historic game.

Ps I dont normally play that long couldnt sleep and played most of night :-)

Just found the list of players

http://stats.swec.se/game/data/1438614

yeah benny try it on 64

or can someone put another one up :-)

Yeah, more servers should be hosting this map.

I saw that a Chinese server was hosting it... but that's it.

As for 64 players maybe the server can't handle it... so to get one that can would probably cost too much money.

I will be a very sad person if XR goes down... its been rock-solid steady/reliable.

Benny is working on a 40 player map of warfare 16 BLUFOR 16 OPFOR and 8 RACS, he´s working on his edit every day, BIS should recruit them!

I been playing on XR a few hours.

latly the server has been crashing alot. i mean ALOT

1 in 3 missions crashed atleast.

40 - 64 players? o.0 oh god

i'll not play ther unless it has fixed some major lag issues.

stacked up supplytruck sometimes seams to cause major lag from what i hear.

i dont think more players should be the main consern.

but rather fix the exsisting bugs first.

i can make the list verry long.

but here are a few examples we all know about!

1st you should not be able to buy aircraft when hanger is down. i see people do this all the time.. then whine about ther money is gone.. hehe. i was one of them who did that tounge2.gif

2nd the dialog needs a fix.  i mean the Voteing dialog.

its friking anoying hearing. voting for commander,, voting for commander,, voting for commander. this is because people just want to check whos commander before they transfere money.

ther should have been a vote button in that tab. you press that. and you get the sound.

3rd the freelook bug. whats that all about. i know you can fix it in the dialog. but whats causing that.. arma or some messy script?.

i get that bug 1-3 times each time i play it.

4th. fast travle. oh. lets not go there.

but hey. nothing is perfect

all in all. its a good mission and Server.

sometimes it feels like you have to wait forever to get a slot smile_o.gif

your bugreport should go here:

RBT topic

about the headbug: its a ArmA bug, many missions have this. Be glad there is a fix.

I agree about the voting dialog. As simple fix would be to start the voting only if anyone actually clicks on a player.

The rest are standard Warfare bugs afaik

I have tried this mission as the first player joining and i didnt quite get it. I was attacked on the little start island by RACS -hundreds of them with helis - m113 - t72 - all the shit - am i missing something here ? How can i defeat so many RACS alone ? Somebody gotta start the mission and u r all by yourself for some time before peps start joining....

If you alone one one side. become commander. Build barracks so you can buy AA or and AT.. also Build walls to protect youself.

when you have cleared the island you build a air factory. build a mi17 and relcoate the MHQ. so you can lift it to the mainland..

A big tip at start..

At start. Become a engineer. then buy AT. disable the tanks. DO NOT BLOW THEM UP.. repair them and. you see on the turret it its not moving then its diabled.

when your a gunner in a tanks you could easly get 100 kills on the island.

yeah tanks fast fireing machineguns totally can clear out lots of infantery.

Man had a blast playing on the Xr server, the warefare gets more and more advanced with custom loadout SU-34's and such, Is is there anything in the briefing or readme mentioing the differet versions what they are for?

yeah tanks fast fireing machineguns totally can clear out lots of infantery.

Man had a blast playing on the Xr server, the warefare gets more and more advanced with custom loadout SU-34's and such, Is is there anything in the briefing or readme mentioing the differet versions what they are for?

Nope... we've had to rely on word of mouth to explain what is new.

For example:  Aircraft Prototype upgrade.

BLU-3 Aircraft = Cluster Bombs.  This is like a plane dropping 100,000 grenades like it were a pepper shaker... and for a very long time!  It will terminate any infantry you lay this down on.

FAB-100 Aircraft = HEAT Shells.  When I tried it, it created a square of explosions similar to an arty strike, in an area 1/4 the size of the Paraiso runway.  Tightly grouped.  Very good for taking out a mix of infantry and light vehicles.

GBU-24 E/F Aircraft = GBU bombs.  Drops two rows of GBU bombs, 24 of them in total (12 in each row).  When looking behind after dropping the bombs [with the . key on keypad] the explosions look awesome.  DO NOT drop bombs while diving or pulling up.  Stay straight and level as you drop... [you can of course dive hard to the floor before the target, fly level, and then start releasing, and dont pull up until all bombs are out].

If you are at high speed, especially with the SU aircraft, you need to practice this to discover how far ahead of the plane the bombs hit when you release, which can be very far.

Edit/Added:

The names are different on Blufor... I forget their exact names... it should be in the same order though... Cluster Bomb/Heat Shells/24 GBU bombs.