Sign in to follow this  
maruk

Some ArmA II UH-1Y Venom in-game screenshots

Quote[/b] ]Platform:

PC and Next Gen Console (TBD)

Expected release date:

Q1 2009

direct quote from Arma2.com.

Fact is, they did the same thing with ArmA, and nevertheless, we still got a shitty game.

ArmA 2 better be distributed with less bugs than ArmA, or they will be in trouble.

With ArmA they also released a few screens, and even screens, which showed stuff, which were not even included in the final game.

We have been promised animals in the games, like sheeps and rabbits. They promised us that the animals would behave like packs if that is the way they behave in reality etc.

We have been promised ballistics, and proper bullet-penetration detection, and we got bollocks.

All we got was a game which when released, was full of bugs, 50% in my clan could not even start up the game untill the first patch, lack of driversupport etc.

Of cource I'm buying ArmA 2, but I pray that it is significantly better than ArmA 1 was, which only now, with the use of some mods, still is just playable, and far from what the community expected.

Fact is, they did the same thing with ArmA, and nevertheless, we still got a shitty game.

ArmA 2 better be distributed with less bugs than ArmA, or they will be in trouble.

With ArmA they also released a few screens, and even screens, which showed stuff, which were not even included in the final game.

We have been promised animals in the games, like sheeps and rabbits. They promised us that the animals would behave like packs if that is the way they behave in reality etc.

We have been promised ballistics, and proper bullet-penetration detection, and we got bollocks.

All we got was a game which when released, was full of bugs, 50% in my clan could not even start up the game untill the first patch, lack of driversupport etc.

Of cource I'm buying ArmA 2, but I pray that it is significantly better than ArmA 1 was, which only now, with the use of some mods, still is just playable, and far from what the community expected.

Quote[/b] ]Fact is, they did the same thing with ArmA, and nevertheless, we still got a shitty game.

That's NOT a fact. That's your opinion and I don't share it. I think BIS did one hell of a job on ArmA 1 and I'm looking forward to an even better ArmA 2.

I'm sorry to say, but it is a fact.

When looking back uppon the release of ArmA 1, they gave us some screenies, and had us draw our own conclusions.

BIS did not respond with many details of the game, and so the community had it's hopes up. We trusted that the few details BIS DID reveal would be true, and we trusted that all details on the screenies would be true.

But when the game came out, it was very buggy. BIS even admitted that they had released it prematurely, but had to do so, due to economics.

Many users could not start up the game, and those wou could often experienced bugs.

However ArmA 1.14 is a decent game, and with some minor tweaks/mods, it's actually a great game. But every time we game in our clan someone always get a CTD, due to some random course.

well. we got better ballistics in Arma than OFP. bullet penetration on stuff like fences. Bullet drop. ricochets.

Animals. well there's birds and bees and fly's. there animals. tounge2.gif

Would be handy if you could lean forward and to the sides in the pilot seat.... would be very helpfull for heli landings in tight spots...

With regards the bugs and such in Arma, unfortunately not everyone has the exact same machine, hell can you imagine trying to build a test rig that would cover every possibility of hardware and software compatibility! damn impossible I think! so yes there will always be bugs, if a human being is writing the code, there will always be bugs, and unfortunately the nature of the accountant is get it out sooner rather than later, so once again there will always be bugs! banghead.gif personally I think they did a damn fine job, carry on the good work guys!

And I gotta admit it would be good to be able to lean around the cockpits in helos whilst the flight engines are good and the models look fantastic, dont think I'd like to scrath my nice new shiney helo on a tight landing area!

No one ever claimed that BIS personally should test the software on every system. But if they had made a small group of betatesters, or even a public beta, then all they would have to do is organize the feedback, and correct the critical problems.

I'm not saying that a game can be bug-free uppon release, but when released, it should be able to run smoothly on 95% of all computers, wich have a propor recent configuration (cannot contain hardware older than 5 years, and must meet the recommended/minimum requirements for the game)

But if they had made a small group of betatesters, or even a public beta, then all they would have to do is organize the feedback, and correct the critical problems.

They do and did.

Considering the complexities of the engine compared to the likes of an off the shelf UT3 or whatever I think the ArmA engine did fairly well, yes it struggled with Vista users of >4gb ram but honestly how many Vista users of >4gb RAM were there at the time? Not that many, you can't really turn round and say "well BIS should have anticipated that RAM market prices would drop so quickly that >4gb RAM would become fairly common place".......

Quote[/b] ]ArmA 2 better be distributed with less bugs than ArmA, or they will be in trouble.

lol

the gaming community is so used to receive bugged games why should developers change their approach to sell half finished stuff and follow up with patches sometime later? by the time any game is decently fixed a new one comes out.

carry on.

:-)

Quote[/b] ]ArmA 2 better be distributed with less bugs than ArmA, or they will be in trouble.

lol

the gaming community is so used to receive bugged games why should developers change their approach to sell half finished stuff and follow up with patches sometime later? by the time any game is decently fixed  a new one comes out.

carry on.

:-)

I think you guys have never been involved in programming? You don't have to answer...

It's a fact of life that all programs are doomed to be bugged to a degree or two. Complex ones that run on one system show their bugs less so, but complex programs that run of 1000's of variant computers like ARMA, ARMA2 and all other gaming software on the PC platform will show those bugs........

In the early days there were the same amount of bugs, just less PC variants so it looked better and the programs were less complex in comparison to todays monsters.

We are the Final release beta testers, the only thing BIS and every other PC software house can change is how they react to those problems and with what speed.  

Happy New Year guys......  nener.gif

of course i am not a programmer. i am a consumer still i am aware of technical difficulties of development, production and marketing. but honestly, even though i appreciate anyones workeffort don't expect any love from me when a product is being sold in a "half finished" state. one shouldn't wear shoes that are simply too big.

how often are release dates set with economical considerations in mind rather than with the state of development? you get my point.

a game that is patched over a period of a year or more to make it playable can't be called "finished" by my standards at least.

sure there is no way to expect a 100% failsafe game for the 100% of pc configs out there. but then where do you draw the line? maybe redo the requirement announcement on the box to represent the "actual" status of the game more realistically by the time it lands in the shelfs.

anyhow, that's just my opinion and i'm not having a greater than negligable interest in that issue so we don't have to get emotional about it. but the post i made earlier was referring to the "don't sell a bugged game again, or else"-statement/threat (?) which is surely entertaining. well, to me at least.

we consumers buy whatever is coming out anyway. the producers know that, they have cultivated us for too many years for us to expect anything else anyways. we will reliably buy even the worst crap because it's marketed well, we will complain in forums, wait for patches and so on and so on.

i'm not buying arma 2 until i read a whole bunch of niceties about it's playability. not that this will change a single thing. but then again i am not expecting it either.

sarcastically, but respectfully

blueskunk

wink_o.gif

Attached are some brand new ArmA II screenshots for your reference (screen grabbed on my gold old rig: Core2Duo 6750 2.66 GHz + GF8800GT/512 + 2 GB RAM):

Does this mean that that hardware should run ArmA 2 nice and all?

Hi, i've said it once and i say it twice; the UH-1's like the MV-22's

have tinted glasses on top of the cockpit, in the UH-1's they're

green tinted; and i hope that those glasses be tinted as they're in

the real chopper. And by the way; reading this last page... wouldn't

be a good idea to open up a thread called: "Bash BIS"? in this last

page i don't see any reference (even distant) to the UH-1Y in game

screenshots and there are other threads where most of those post

may belong better than to this thread. But bash BIS a bit is fine with

me, i'll join the mass to burn fronkonstein too if i just had 3 less warning

levels (damn it). Let's C ya

Hi, as you can clearly see in the next photo, the UH-1Y Venom have

green tinted glasses on top of the cokpit, and thats something that

i don't see on the in game videos/screenshots of the ArmA 2 one.

- UH-1Y Venom.

Same goes for the MH-60S (aka S-70A Knighthawk), the MV-22B

Osprey and even the KC-130 Hercules, 'em all have green tinted

glasses on top of the cockpit in real life, but, for some reason...

they don't seem to have 'em in the ArmA 2 same than in the ArmA.

I'll like to see that change in the ArmA 2. Let's C ya

Hi, as you can clearly see in the next photo, the UH-1Y Venom have

green tinted glasses on top of the cokpit, and thats something that

i don't see on the in game videos/screenshots of the ArmA 2 one.

- UH-1Y Venom.

Question is, if that is doable.... Partially green tinted from outside, but from inside to maintain a clear view.....

Quote[/b] ]...but from inside to maintain a clear view

What... this green tint/foil has a little effect on normal view. Its not made/put for eyecandy. wink_o.gif

I think he refers to the effect that darkened car windows have, black outside but inside it looks nearly clear.

In case of theUH-1Y i guess its more completely green glass though so it will look green in and outside

Hi, Shadow, i was reffering as the man says to the eye candy part,

i don't ask for miracles to the "new" ArmA 2 engine; just to see the

green tinted glass, that's all; i think that it'll make me happy enough

and many others too that will also miss that in all the aircraft.

If they could do the glasses work like that with the ArmA 2 engine

it'll be really great, but i just ask at least for the eye candy; nothing

more. Let's C ya

Since the pilot and external LODs are different, you could make whatever you wanted different. You could have a car look like a skoda outside but an m113, raptor, alien spaceship, or whatever you wanted inside.

ArmA II definitely will not be released this year in any territory.

Wow. When I read that I didn't realize he made this post last year. My reaction (in order) :butbut: :eek: :391: :pet1:

Why is the RESCUE tab reversed on the nose?

It doesnt really matter if theres green glass their or not does it? Nothing in Real Life is perfect and nothing in a game is perfect..