Sign in to follow this  
maruk

Some ArmA II UH-1Y Venom in-game screenshots

Looks much better than OFP 2 =)

I'm wondering how many people right clicked the images to see of they were more than 100 kb large... at least I did so biggrin_o.gif

I'm in love inlove.gif

Thx BIS and good luck

Hopefully, this time will not only help us to create a much better game but also will allow the ArmA community to produce some more great content for ArmA.

inlove.gif

It's a very exciting and challenging time for us. Please wish us luck!

Best of luck BIS. I will buy ArmA2 regardless.

Those two helo shots are looking a lot more realistic than the recent two helo shots taken in OFP2. The hi-contrast filters in OFP2 are making their helo skin look very unrealistic.

Looks much better than OFP 2 =)

I'm wondering how many people right clicked the images to see of they were more than 100 kb large... at least I did so biggrin_o.gif

Warning level, PR ! But what is doing Placebo ? Where the world is going ?  biggrin_o.gif

Naaah... if we don't defend his case against

oh-so-powerful Placebo, we won't have anymore such amazing pictures...

and that's not what we want, hell no !

Bring it on ! inlove.gif

EDIT : what the... they are 16 & 18kB ? I knew this couldn't be possible... BI employees are knowing "sh*tty" forum well tounge2.gif

And by the way... nice metal shiny reflections, nice glasses reflections, nice distance fog, nice trees... the only thing, is still the bad resolution ground texture seen from sky ; sometimes it's still wrong (for plain grass it's ok)

See you in 2009 wink_o.gif

Looking awesome Maruk biggrin_o.gif

Can't wait for this now, knowing that all I'll need to upgrade is my GPU for the same quality as that biggrin_o.gif

I think Codies must be sweating with their massive expensive project and outsourced 3d modeling farms. These screenshots and videos released recently are going to drive me crazy until Q1 2009 (Well, not too crazy, Fallout 3 is coming out soon biggrin_o.gif ).

Good luck from Norway smile_o.gif

I don't think too many will object to a posponed released. There will be other games available while we wait, and I think ArmAs potential have yet to be fully utilized/explored by mission designers and mod makers.

Out of curiosity, is there any chance at all that updates on ArmA2 will include official supported versions of Sahrani island? Will all existing objects used on Sahrani be scrapped?

Anyway, always nice to hear from the developers. I wouldn't mind getting information from time to time about status; what is in, what has been discarded (and why) and so on. I often feel that the dev team is using more solid information than us users tend to give them credit for. I have seen complaints and regular attacks towards the dev team, where they post a reply with the solid information used (such as Stryker speed in terrain or the infamous AA switch on the Kamov). Some times we just don't know any better, where as the dev team do.

Keep up the good work, A+ for ArmA 1.14.

looks very good. nice work on the lighting and post proccessing e.t.c. most realistic looking depiction of humid/ damp weather i've seen.

I just noticed something, it appears the rotor assembly isn't lined up with the helicopter, so either it's not lined up oooor they adjusted it to be articulated? If so then that is a very good thing, many rotors are articulated nowadays, some more then others and in different ways of course.

I just noticed something, it appears the rotor assembly isn't lined up with the helicopter, so either it's not lined up oooor they adjusted it to be articulated?  

Wow if that's a feature it's great. CM was boasting about this for OFP2, glad to see it's in Arma2 (if it indeed is).

Looking great from the outside, chance of any screenshots from inside the aircraft too?

I just noticed something, it appears the rotor assembly isn't lined up with the helicopter, so either it's not lined up oooor they adjusted it to be articulated?  

Wow if that's a feature it's great. CM was boasting about this for OFP2, glad to see it's in Arma2 (if it indeed is).

It's not exactly a hidden feature, it's been useable since OFP seen on he CH-47..or maybe I'm thinking of OFP:E..either way it was in Arma as I remember this on our AH-64D prototype.

With it you can basicly make the entire assembly tilt or only a certain part, in our case it was the hub and blades but it is possible, I just hope to see it used by default.

Good Luck Maruk!

Yeah, that´s a good rhyme whistle.gif

Thank´s for your statement the sounds and pictures! It sounds really great and I´m looking forward to the release... wink_o.gif

Best regards,

Mr-Murray

What i have seen so far of ArmA2 is more than i anticipated. Good luck with it and see you 2009!

Quote[/b] ]Good Luck Maruk!

Yeah, that´s a good rhyme

I don't see a rhyme there but you are right: We wish you the best luck for ArmA2

Quote[/b] ]Good Luck Maruk!

Yeah, that´s a good rhyme

I don't see a rhyme there but you are right: We wish you the best luck for ArmA2

Perhaps he pronounces Maruk as 'mah-ruck', rather than 'mah-ruke'?

Nice eyecandy Maruk! Graphic vise I think that Arma was just about there, Arma II certainly is there if the screen caps show the end product.

What worries me is the way the game handles flying. Let's face it, neither Arma nor OFP would never be classified as good flight simulators. Jerky controls, the obvious lack of flight dynamics and countless other design flaws made sure of that fact. I really hope that BI have had flight simulator enthusiasts in mind when creating Arma II. whistle.gifwhistle.gif

Looks all very promising !

Just take your time to finish this jewel  smile_o.gif

Sorry for my bad english crazy_o.gif but I think one question can only be answered by BIS.

Morphicon/Peter Games said at the GC that ArmA2 comes out 2008. At the Homepage they're saing the same. Or Amazon.de: 16th October 2008.

Is it really true that the Game will be released earlier in Germany?

I hope not, all the videos I've seen shows me a really great Game but i think the Game should be longer in WIP.

ArmA II definitely will not be released this year in any territory.

I think, that's enough said.

Yes, but Morphicon said that at the GC and at the websites you can still read the release Date "2008". Nearly all games magazines in germany are speaking about 2008 after this announcement.

But they're not all reading this forum are they. I'd say Maruk is probably the horse's mouth when it comes to this matter.