Sign in to follow this  
Marzi

To the Frontlines!

So, I tend to play Warfare as a singleplayer experience. I have been happily hacking much of the work you fine people have been providing to include many many more bots, harder resistance, and other weapons. I will probably try to port Victor's North Warfare over to Skakah Al Jawf here soon. (And no, I would not dare try to release any of these without expressed and clear consent from all the various authors). All this played with a combination of various mods like TrueGameplay, SixPack1, SixPack3, and VFAI combine for a fairly good single player experience.

But the reason why I do it is for the wonderful fun I get from being amidst a large battle of bots, bullets flying everywhich a ways, and you are just a small part of it. Best single mission that really encapsulates that is the demo mission that comes with the TrueGameplay mod.

Unfortunately, after the first battle or two, it becomes harder to be part of that seeing as how your travel time and the bots travel times are so different. What I would like is to add an option 'Transport me to the Front', or 'Add me to this Squad' and ZAP you are among this squad, where they are, just about to enter a town and take it. I think you should be able to change places with any bot on your team on the map.

Now I know this would vastly change the multiplayer experience, and I don't think it would be fun in that case, but for me playing Warfare as a singleplayer, I think it would quite entertaining.

So, I'm an engineer by trade, I'm not going to get thrown by tech talk, no need to spoon feed me, but I am just now getting into the world of hacking on Warfare. Can anyone suggest a starting place, and maybe some other mod code out there that I can look at that does something akin to this?

thanks!

-marzi

I was thinking the same sort of thing I know that doolitle has a version of cti that you can swap places with bots in multiplayer perhaps that could do it -

I have been trying to make a version of warfare where all the other human players can only spawn on the commander so all the action should be in the same place.

But I'm having probs getting it to work can anybody help.

Thanks for the lead. That's exactly what I was talking about. I'll try to go hunt down Doolittle's work.

I have been trying to make a version of warfare where all the other human players can only spawn on the commander so all the action should be in the same place.

But I'm  having  probs getting it to work can anybody help.

If yuu use Norrin's latest Revive script you can assign a person to deploy the respawn tent.  It's NOT spawn ON the person but maybe good enough for what you want.

[TAO] Kremator

I dono about ya'll, but I like realism and Mando evac option. If I want to get to the front line of a conflict, I want it to be as real as possible, but that's me smile_o.gif

I guess you can use the teleport command.

I can't really release it without asking all the various authors for permission. But, since we are all hacking on warfare, let me tell you how I did it.

So first I get the warfare for Sakakah Al Jawf:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3269

Then I unpbo it with Kegety's tool. I drag the resulting folder into 'My Documents\Arma\Missions' folder.

Then I edit several files.

First edit InitMission.sqf, look for these lines:

eastTeams = [Group EastSlot1,Group EastSlot2,Group EastSlot3,Group EastSlot4,Group EastSlot5,Group EastSlot6,Group EastSlot7,Group EastSlot8,Group EastSlot9,Group EastSlot10,Group EastSlot11,Group EastSlot12,Group EastSlot13,Group EastSlot14,Group EastSlot15,Group EastSlot16];

westTeams = [Group WestSlot1,Group WestSlot2,Group WestSlot3,Group WestSlot4,Group WestSlot5,Group WestSlot6,Group WestSlot7,Group WestSlot8,Group WestSlot9,Group WestSlot10,Group WestSlot11,Group WestSlot12,Group WestSlot13,Group WestSlot14,Group WestSlot15,Group WestSlot16];

//Advanced squads

eastSlots = [vehicleVarName EastSlot1,vehicleVarName EastSlot2,vehicleVarName EastSlot3,vehicleVarName EastSlot4,vehicleVarName EastSlot5,vehicleVarName EastSlot6,vehicleVarName EastSlot7,vehicleVarName EastSlot8,vehicleVarName EastSlot9,vehicleVarName EastSlot10,vehicleVarName EastSlot11,vehicleVarName EastSlot12,vehicleVarName EastSlot13,vehicleVarName EastSlot14,vehicleVarName EastSlot15,vehicleVarName EastSlot16];

Change them so that there are 24 instead of 8 or 16, name them accordingly.

Edit Descripton.ext and change:

class Header

{

gameType = CTI;

minPlayers = 1;

maxPlayers = 32;

};

to be

class Header

{

gameType = CTI;

minPlayers = 1;

maxPlayers = 48;

};

Then I edit each of the files in Server\Config\Config_*Town.sqs

and wherever it says stuff like:

_t = _t + ["DefaultTeam"]

_t = _t + ["DefaultTeam"]

_t = _t + ["ATTeam"]

_t = _t + ["ATTeam"]

I just add a few more lines so the resistance numbers are about twice as many.

I also look through all the files for the 'SetSkill' and change it to '1.0'

Then, lastly, I start ArmA and I edit the mission. You will notice that there are two groups of soldiers, set as 'Playable' and each one has a unit name. Copy and paste more soldiers for each side until there are 24, make sure each one of them is marked 'Playable' and name them just like you named the units in the arrays in InitMission.sqf.

Then save it, move the folder back into Arma\MPMissions. Get rid of the original pbo, and play!

Now, again, the author's name here is Loki, and I hope he will not mind me describing how to just hack up his work. I think it is important for us to give props to the authors and not release anything that is derived from their work without their expressed and explicit consent.

But I think it is great to share knowledge. smile_o.gif

have fun!

so this adds more AI does it, anyluck with the team switch in multiplayer?

You can use selectPlayer in multiplayer but the procedure to make it work is rather complicated, as the target unit must be local to your PC.

Some of the simple tests I did were successfull.

Let's say you want to become leader of group "groupA" :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_tgtUnit = leader groupA;

//make sure the player is alone in a group

_dummyGroup = createGroup (side player);

[player] joinSilent _dummyGroup;

//make leader of target group leave his group for the player's one

[_tgtUnit] joinSilent player;

//Target unit is now local to player's PC, wait a bit for network synchro

sleep 1;

//and make the switch

selectPlayer _tgtUnit;

//put the player in a new group alone

_dummyGroup2 = createGroup (side player);

[player] joinSilent _dummyGroup2;

//and make the rest of the target group join him

(units groupA) joinSilent player;

//Maker sure the player is leading

groupA selectLeader player;

(doing this at work, so there may be many mistakes, but I hope you get the idea)

Yeah, that looks what I want. Now I need to just add a gui element to make it happen.

Thanks! I should be able to play with this some tonight and I'll give up the results here when I'm done.