Sign in to follow this  
opteryx

Avgani v1.1

Quote[/b] ]Oh yeah, I didn't even notice that with the hotel. I'll probably just replace it with something else, it looks too fancy in contrast to the rest of the town.

Please dont get rid of it, it adds a nice focal point in the town, Not to mention my base for missions smile_o.gif Trust me when there are HESCO walls around and Sangars on the roof it looks the part.

hey man, you should move the F.O.B. to the end of the dirt road at the North-East Part of the Map. A Base, FOB, LP/OP, or anything of that matter wouldn't be that close to an area of "speific interest" due to the various hazards. Honestly, i think it would be better to be a little out of the way. Seeing as how you put a FOB and that would make this town a Company's Patrolling Zone.

Great map for sure! Thank you for all your hard work.

I noticed something that i never seen in any other map. I know that soldiers can get stuck and go through walls at times but i just post this to see if there is something you can do about it, or if its just plain ArmA screwing things up. smile_o.gif

Some AI got stuck there and wouldnt move after that. Happened 2 times in the same place. Check 2 pics for area.

http://web.comhem.se/aphex/avgani11_wall.JPG

http://web.comhem.se/aphex/avgani11_wall_CF19.JPG

Regards

Alex

ok closed until opteryx answer

sometimes i am too fast for myself :-(

Found a water "fata morgana" with an Error and spend 15 Minutes for fun (your Island wasn´t changed Opteryx !wink_o.gif

I do not want in any case doing something against Opteryx work !

This Island is cool ! don´t get me wrong !

This will be the first island to play on after the release of 3DE !

Before

opte_1.jpg

After

opte_2.jpg

and some around ...

opte_3.jpg

opte_4.jpg

What? Let me see. biggrin_o.gif

-edit-

Nice. smile_o.gif

But there's a reason there's no palms on Avgani, I've never seen that type of vegetation in the Kurdish region of Iraq. Ohhh, but those plants could fit in.. hmm.

I think the hole idea is to make things as realistic as possible, not for eyecandy, right?

If you notice the small water spots along the area they don't have trees or high vegetations around.

Avgani wikimapia

Though looks nice for eyecandy smile_o.gif

I think the hole idea is to make things as realistic as possible, not for eyecandy, right?

If you notice the small water spots along the area they don't have trees or high vegetations around.

Avgani  wikimapia

Though looks nice for eyecandy smile_o.gif

Oh, we can see ... the hole region has no plants ... everywhere  whistle.gif

Of cause the people have fun to drive patterns in the sqares where also no plants can exists.   rofl.gif

Sorry, i can see a lot of plants here ... but they aren't so green as the BIS samples !

Opteryx,

This map is fantastic. Just had a look at Wikipedia Avgani, and you truly did replicate it. Very cool.

Questions:

1. How mature is the map? I would like to build a complex mission based upon it, but don't want to risk the time investment until you are done changing it.

2. There are a few low walls that are very frustrating that a soldier can't walk over. One is the thin knee-high concrete barriers. The other is the wall segments in South West part of town, near main road, where the wall is shaped like this:

x x x x x

x x x x x

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The low part of the wall looks about 8 inches high, but soldiers cannot pass through. Any chance that object can be made passable?

If not, no worries, I understand the need to "get er done" and move on to other projects. (My editor workaround for this would is to destroy every 3rd wall segment at mission initialization, so there are plenty of pass thru areas.)

Thanks again.

Johnnyboy

Edit: P.S.: Retard AI cannot figure out how to exit the FOB in North East corner. Doesn't really bother me, but just thought I would report it.

Yes, to some extent.

Oh, we can see ... the hole region has no plants ... everywhere whistle.gif

What?

Of cause the people have fun to drive patterns in the sqares where also no plants can exists. rofl.gif

What?

Sorry, i can see a lot of plants here ... but they aren't so green as the BIS samples !

Where?

The low part of the wall looks about 8 inches high, but soldiers cannot pass through. Any chance that object can be made passable?

Yes these are BIS models, only thing I can do is either sink them into the ground or make gaps between them, I could add an invisible roadway LOD on top of them, but meh, too much fiddling.

About that waterhole:

It has the same error as Schmalfelden had: If you do some damage to it, the water will flip.

@ Opteryx

Sorry, i've forget some ironic tags in my post ! whistle.gif

As i sayed in the last line of my post, there are a lot shadows in the map that must be some kind of trees and of cause massive fields of farmland.

On these fields you can see there some kind of spiral tractor tracks or furrows and no farmer harvest only stones i could bet on wink_o.gif

Dont suppose youd consider expanding the map as a whole and adding the towns to the E, NE & NW....now that would be and awesome project!

Great to see an updated version too....the hard work is much appreciated.

Looking forward to giving it a run...Ill let you know if i come to the same problems in the same area as before.

Did you use the lowfly eu update 1.02 ?

We also had curios reactions with it so thats one of the reasons to make a normal new one with all 1.02 Objects + special objects for the 3DE.

I guess Lester did a test yesterday and couldn´t damage our Waterpices.

But we will check that today i think

hey man, you should move the F.O.B. to the end of the dirt road at the North-East Part of the Map. A Base, FOB, LP/OP, or anything of that matter wouldn't be that close to an area of "speific interest" due to the various hazards. Honestly, i think it would be better to be a little out of the way. Seeing as how you put a FOB and that would make this town a Company's Patrolling Zone.

Not true, in Al-Alamar the british had a base pretty much in the centre of the town, and yeah they got surrounded a lot..

This map is great. I had enjoyed playing Sakakah on SP and MP. I see here all the improvements from this previous map and I am working to port my MP mission on this one.

I am still exploring the city ... there are a lot of holes and corners for all the traps/ambush you can dream about ... well, it can be nightmares biggrin_o.gif

I have find a nice spot on 1st floor of a house, this one behind the closed red gates, but some walls are quite permeable to physical objects, man as well as slugs, too bad sad_o.gif

This problem affects only East and West walls (under the black arrow)

avganihousetextureprob2jt4.jpg

But nevertheless, thank you for this map !

1.  How mature is the map?  I would like to build a complex mission based upon it, but don't want to risk the time investment until you are done changing it.

Exactly my problem. I've created around 10 missions for my squad focused around the previous bluezone, but now we have FOB without any walls left smile_o.gif so we have to move everything to FOB Sykes and edit each mission :/

Here's a pic where we had previous FOB:

http://www.vojak.si/photos/fobris2.jpg

All entrances were protected by high-walls and chokepoints were guarded by at least few soldiers. I would expect to see town altered just a little bit, but Avgani is now a very cool place, even without the protected gree... err blue zone.

Edit: one more thing, AI has terrible pathfinding on this map. On one occasion we had to arrest suspect in the narrow street but AI couldn't get out, so we had to land our mh6 directly in the narrow passage for him to board it and fly back to FOB... passages were more than 4 meters wide...

Hello,

I think of having find, the error and very simple triple """.

in the config .cpp of the .pbo avgani

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class Land_tovarna2 : House {

model = "\ca\buildings\tovarna2.p3d""";

};

Very good work, a superb island.

Cordially ADO©GMC

Hello,

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

};

Cordially ADO©GMC

Thanks. smile_o.gif

Hello,

};

Cordially ADO©GMC

Thanks ADOGMC, I was wonder where that error at start up was coming from. I couldn't figure out which AddOn had to do with "tovarna" that appeared in the error message. I'll open it up and test it out when I get home.

Hello,

};

Cordially ADO©GMC

Thanks ADOGMC, I was wonder where that error at start up was coming from. I couldn't figure out which AddOn had to do with "tovarna" that appeared in the error message. I'll open it up and test it out when I get home.

tested and worked.

Hello,

};

Cordially ADO©GMC

Uhhhhhhhh, something weird is happening here. I looked in the config.cpp and I couldn't find this error, then I unpacked the Avgani.pbo and un-binarized the config, now I found the error. Something weird is going on during the binarization process. crazy_o.gif

-edit-

Silly me, this was in the source config:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">model = \ca\buildings\tovarna2.p3d";

Nevermind.... whistle.gif