Sign in to follow this  
D007

Quarantine Unleashed

I have a modified version that we worked on at the end. Up to 2.39 IIRC. We were in the process of reworking the mission from the ground up though. Using the NEM Zombies instead and adding civilians, dynamic towns, etc into it. Problem is we lost our scripters for it and never got it further than the ground level of the zombies scoring and money system. We were thinking of opening it up for development on dev heaven if anyone is interested in helping out.

Capt.Murphy: write down the complete storyline, A2 is just around the corner :)

There really wasn't much of a 'storyline' per se other than *poof* you are on an island full of zombies and you have three missions that can be completed. In all honesty the mission is fun for a couple hours, but after that it gets boring as all hell. I am going to see about getting a dev-heaven project started up for it and the other version with the NEM zombies. The original used too many addons for my taste. The download was well over 700 megs when completed and uncompressed it was well over a gig.

The plan for the second version (codename Operation Iron Justice) was set to use the ACE mod in it (blend of realism and zombies, gotta love it). We just never got that far. Our hope was to build a database system into it using the Armalib sqllite backend for the data. That way is was more akin to an RPG than just a single mission. Then we could scale the missions to be a lot longer, including having towns come under attack at intervals, civilians get taken over, a whole storyline of side missions, etc. Then when the server gets reset you don't start completely over again, you just start off at a certain point of save. I had gotten some aspects of it working, but I never have fully grasped the method of server/client data in arma yet. I am too used to regular programming to get the whole melded script concept where it can be executed on one side and the other at the same time.

The original used too many addons for my taste. The download was well over 700 megs when completed and uncompressed it was well over a gig.

Don't forget that Quarantine Unleashed was a fork from D.Murph's Quarantine 2.5. His version had no extra addons that I am aware of, but lacks the additional items that D007 and others added.

As for your explanation of your envisioned version.. me wants! :bounce3:

Well, without hijacking the QU thread, I am going to be starting a new one for the OIJ mission. We are starting a dev-heaven for the new version if you are interested in helping out. Lord knows for the vision we have it will take a lot of people helping.

I wished I had gotten into the QU development when it was first started, but I am not a scripter, simply a systems admin and developer. I simply made it easier for the scripters (Bishop and D007) to make the mission by utilizing our servers. It turned ugly a little while in when they were releasing a new version every couple of hours instead of working out ALL of the bugs in a timely manner. Plus since our servers always had the latest copy, people were contantly jumping into it just to get the latest (buggy and nonrelease ready beta) version to put on their own servers. We were all for having other people play it, but they were so intent on competing with our server that it divided the players up rather fast. It was just a lot of bad press since others were hosting a beta of the game and not the ready to release version.

Edited by CaptainMurphy
Clarification

I wish I could help, but I am just a player. I play single player 2.5version a lot. It works for me. I never even played those others. Too many addon cars and such needed. I have tried 2.5 version with various iterations of XAM, ACE. If I play ArmA I usually play Quarantine.

So far the best combination I use is 1.16 patch,@Proper_Plants,@zGuba compact fixes,@ArmAeffects, @HiFi sound mod,, the needed RH weapons, yomies moded with the TCP_anims. I don't get any crashes with those.

If you need a beta tester I could help. I loved the 2.5 version.

I have every zombie movie and just about every book if you need help with back ground material. I can provide you with pathogen patterns and other zombie tech stuff. Just p/m me with a list of what you need or you can reach me at the City Life mod web page and t/s. (info at bottom sig)

Lol I guess you beat me to my idea of Zombie life map.

The download link for the addon pack necessary for this mission doesn't seem to be working. Doesn't anyone know of a working mirror for it? Also, who should I contact about getting permission to release a modified version of this mission?

I would imagine that since the original developer (D.Murphy) allow these scripters to edit his mission (D007 and Bishop) that they really can't say much. Especially since they are gone from the editing scene. Honestly though, if you are wanting a little more robust version of a zombie mission I would suggest editing or modifying another project like the original Quarantine or the new Op Iron Justice. With the 700+ megs of unsigned addons you are begging for a kiddy hacker attack.

If yomies port to arma 2, we might get back into it.

hopefully the scripting isn't as buggy and unreliable as arma 1.

5133p39 made the yomies we used.

D Murphy made a mission featuring them but we couldn't really use it at all.

the addon pack at armaholic for arma 1 is still active and working.

I just checked it again myself.

have been gone for a long time. hope alls well.

Nice to see you Murph.

thing about scripting is, what works on a console doesn't necessarily work on a server.

Edited by D007

I completely mistook you for D murphy lol..

My bad.

I like the edited version much better lol..

I wouldn't recommend editing the original Quarantine though.

you will be up to your neck in unuseable scripting.

we spent months trying to fix those scripts until we finally gave up entirely

and just used the basic yomie template from the original developer.

I'd use the basic template if you want to do one.

Oh, and Quagmire, feel free to do whatever you want.

No one will mind.

Wish you the best of luck with it..

has a lot of potential.

I mean compared to left for dead, this game offers many more possibilities.

would be nice to get some zombie variants though. :)

Edited by D007

I see this thread has been quiet for nearly a year now. I know I'm years behind the times, but I've just started playing this on a lan with a few friends (all new to Arma) and have a very basic gameplay question if there's anyone out there.

How and where can we get hold of these 'Flare' packs (Flare red, Flare White etc..) for healing/ repair etc..? Can't seem to find them anywhere....

They're available at the main shop - it takes the form of a flag pole. Should be marked on your map - zoom in and check it out.

By the way, where'd you find the addon pack?

I've played around with that - its pretty fun for a while, but without a real quarantine its not as fun.

I haven't tried dumping the SPON scripts in arma 2 to see if the shops still work - maybe its worth a shot.

Like David said. Make sure you Unrar the file.. then take the pbo file inside the rar file and unpbo that file..

Inside that file is a folder system.

First folder is "Quarantine"

second is "addons"

inside the addons folder are all of the addons.

Made so you can unpack the files and simply drop the folder system into your directory.

Hail. I have a problem.

I have done all this, i have ma programs/atari/arma/Quarantine/addons folder with all the PBO's folder and it say 'Cannot play/edit this mission. It depend on files that have been removed etc etc...'. Can someone help me plz?

hello guys am trying to get a hold of the big addon pack as http://www.megaupload.com/ is now gone the links are all dead can anyone help by getting me the links to the addons so i can take a look at bring this mod to arma 2?

Do you realize that bringing it to ArmA 2 means converting the entire pack of A1 addons, all of which (unless stated in their readmes) you would need permission before you could convert?

@darkhorse 1-6 yes sir i do it wont be an easy task for me to do but I think it will be enjoyable one haha and getting the permission may be even hard aas some of the mod makers for the cars are gone too. Ps Iv managed to get a hold of the Big addon pack with all the addons too Ill be re-up loading it to a new site. as of to day ill start to work on the mod and get this mode of to arma 2 at some point if anyone would like to help out with this my teamspeak info is 94.168.11.33 and I aim to keep this post up to date and alive with new up dates on how its going.

Edited by Falcos
teamspeak info update

Still in work on this project mission is coming along well for A2 and now am also working on A3 but lets get back to A2 for min the addons pack has been rebuilt with new Addons that will replace old ones that can't be ported to A2 as well as New scripts that have change since code is not the same as it once was. Am redoing the whole thing from the ground up but with the same feel as the old QU mod that much has not changed. Its just hard to bring back as a lot of the core game mods that won't work and scripts too. so here is a small video i did a long time ago sorry it it bad and few updates.

small update:

Fixed / W.I.P

Shops working (guns/cars/Air)

Yommi Zombie are now the Undead Mod Zombies

Missions work (save civs/ save chopper)

Cash works with zombie kills.

Player unit change model.

Still need to fix small A.i chopper crash issue give u massage at the sart saying ur in jail when not?

Outpost base mission not working yet due to Resupply truck not working I.e convoy mission.

New stuff.

Bandit Base to be added.

New weapons to be added.

Wasteland style Base building to be added.

Food/Water to be added

Edited by Falcos