Sign in to follow this  
StefX

New ArmA II Pictures!

I guess this applies to this thread as well.

TangoDown.nl has just put up online an interview with one of the developers of ArmA 2 and we got 4 exclusive screenshots to go with it.

Go have a look: http://www.tangodown.nl/forum/thread-398.html

Hello gentleman, can anyone tell me what language this interview is with this developer. Thank you for your assist.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Hello gentleman, can anyone tell me what language this interview is with this developer. Thank you for your assist.

Its Dutch mate.

It's dutch!

new damage texture is an improvement over the old one, and I'm curious if the tire shootout pops /dissapears on serious damage because I see another with the tire lowered OFP style.

Yup, Balschoiw omitted to present the pic with the lowered tire ala OFP. I guess the missing tire is coming from shotting a bit more than just once or twice on it

Hope that when you do shoot a tire when a vehicle is at speed that it will swirl out of the road. That would be cool for marksmen etc. Miss the driver from the front? Take out the tire from behind and then get the driver as he jumps out of the vehicle. :)

Alex

Yes that would certainly make driving much scarier Alex, sounds fun and I hope the tire doesn't really go "pop" with light damage

From 2 images i saw there seem to be degree of damage to tires. I saw a shot with bit less air and one with all air out. So hopefully a big caliber makes a tire go boom. :)

From 2 images i saw there seem to be degree of damage to tires. I saw a shot with bit less air and one with all air out. So hopefully a big caliber makes a tire go boom.

The tires are just sunk into ground when shot upon until the tire dissapears completely when destroyed.

You can see it in the album I linked to above.

Do you mean that no matter what caliber the air go out slowly Balschoiw? Have you test how it affects a driving car? If it steers when tire is hit. Would be interesting to know. I dont care much if it sinks into the ground, thats ok. but the effect of tire being hit at speed is interesting.

Alex

Alex. From what I saw yesterday with Bert's feed, I cannot comment on the driving ability of a damaged tire, but he did sit there and shoot the back tire out of of a vehicle and each shot dropped the air pressure of the tire (that corner of the car kept sinking down with just about every shot) until the tire finally expoded. I'm gonna assume when driving that there'll be varying degrees of control and traction issues with damaged tires until they are finally destroyed, then everything is tits-up from there.

(...)but he did sit there and shoot the back tire out of of a vehicle and each shot dropped the air pressure of the tire (that corner of the car kept sinking down with just about every shot) until the tire finally expoded(...)

There goes the physics knowledge from BI... the tyre is flat and it explodes?

Well there isn't much in the form of physics in the ArmA series to begin with, and this was after multiple shots. It's posslbe the tire would just flatten over time after one or two hits without shredding.

Over 150 new "professional" screenshots!

Those galleries bug like hell, cant see half of the screens.

Those galleries bug like hell, cant see half of the screens.

they're probably still uploading. i take it GameStar is preparing for their own review...