Sign in to follow this  
StefX

New ArmA II Pictures!

I'd remember that if he did ;)

So no, there is still the possibility :p

Actually, he said it during the german community preview session that was hold in munich.

Ja die Bewegung des Zuges wurde für das NAPA-Video geschummelt,
As Scrub said, its meaning is pretty much that "they did a bit of spoofing with the train passing through the NAPA vid".

Source (in German ofc)

Edit: The full quote says that he also wanted to "test" the reaction of the community with it. I guess people that would love moving trains can still cling to that from now on. ;)

Edited by psycosmos
fix'd

In german Interview Jan Prazak said the train passing by was entirely scripted... so when BIS can it with build-in script commands, the community can do so aswell...

In german Interview Jan Prazak said the train passing by was entirely scripted... so when BIS can it with build-in script commands, the community can do so aswell...

Again, there is a difference between moving a train forward and moving a train on rails.

Sorry to wrongly tie you to this Deadfast, you are typically my sole source of translated info, as Google translate just confuses me with the context differences in languages. ;)

Must have actually understood one or two here or there.

Isn't it better that the trains are scripted? I mean you rather decide in the missioneditor when the train should leave a station than having it in a fixed loop.

On the topic of the road leading into the lake:

I believe it's supposed to be a natural boat ramp. At least that's what it looks like. It would be really nice to be able to carry trailers on the backs of vehicles, and load those trailers with things like bikes, boats, animals that you kill, enemies you kill, and extra passengers.

if train is moving or not - it is not as important, as feeling/atmosphere thanx to it

in many games trains were part of scenery and all was okay

in BIS game environment is active (cars) so train do not need to be

only problem is how to make dammage for train, cause electrical engine not blow-up like vehicles with gasoline/fuel

there is nothing that can make explosion in electrical engine or is it maneuvre-engine (not electrical) ?

and such engine can smash everything on it's road when it runs 50 MPH :)

I see from this pic..

http://www.arma2.com/images/stories/chernarus/inhabited/Arma2_chernarus_inhabited_01.jpg that there is a railway station.

Which brings me to an obvious question .... are we having working trains?

Or will there be a continuous track that will enable this to be modable?

and that the house is just a mock-ups? they inhabited?

"and that the house is just a mock-ups? they inhabited? "

i don't know where you live, but in some parts of the world, railway stations were build and looked like normal house (to fit architecture style of city) with 2 exceptions:

big clock on wall

name of station

it is missing on this building

http://www.parowozownia.cba.pl/grafika/stacje/stacja_54.jpg

in Poland, Russia - many stations look like normal house, to fit architecture style of village/town

downside, first floor - they sell tickets and waiting room

seconf floor - workers offices, station offices, rail control office etc.

if BIS would add to this model clock and station name - would be good and symbol of station, cause every railway station has symbols

for example if town is named Chernarus, station is Chernarus main, chernarus south, than it can be ChM , ChS on building painted :)

Edited by vilas

Isn't it better that the trains are scripted? I mean you rather decide in the missioneditor when the train should leave a station than having it in a fixed loop.

The train in the preview is moving straight on only. There will be no easy way to make it follow the rails around curves, make it interactive or things like that.

That´s why they probably be static objects only which is a letdown imo.

sorry for english but I will repeat the question.

judging by the video and photos of homes and buildings come and there should not be defensive? They like decorations?

:coop:

only problem is how to make dammage for train, cause electrical engine not blow-up like vehicles with gasoline/fuel

there is nothing that can make explosion in electrical engine or is it maneuvre-engine (not electrical) ?

and such engine can smash everything on it's road when it runs 50 MPH :)

Just imagine it runs on diesel. ;)

(It may actually run on it, i dont know alot about trains but it kinda looks like it would)

sorry for english but I will repeat the question.

judging by the video and photos of homes and buildings come and there should not be defensive? They like decorations?

:coop:

not all of them. a lot of buildings will have inner architecture where you can hide and shoot out of the window :)

additional some buildings can be destroyed "dynamicaly". so you can use the broken building parts as cover too.

There had been a train in OFP once, so a running train can exist and run in a game such as ArmA or ArmA2, that's not the problem.

An electric train can be easily stopped by shutting off the power line ... ;)

Stopping a diesel locomotive as shown on picture is more difficult, but remember the "Rail Battle" in France in 1944, strafing locomotive and trains, bombing yards is very effective against trains with a little help from the Resistance.

So what's the problem about train ... ArmA is a military sim, more or less a sim at the team level grown to an Army ground forces ... and Marines simulator, centred on what matters : the grunt!

I would have like to have a running train, because I like trains but it's a bit off-subject.

But I enjoyed having trains environment in the game, stations, yards, tracks and so on.

Have a look on Google map at the The Velim test center, a railway train testing facility at Cerhenice, close to the city of Poděbrady in the Central Bohemian Region of the Czech Republic, search around and North in order to find some of Chernarussian features.

I'm surprised there is very few units. I was expecting alot more from BIS. The Russians have the T-90A Vladimir but they don't have the T-80BV or the T-80U. I'd also like to see more aviation units and there should be a BMP-1P and BMD's (BMD-1P,BMD-2,BMD-3,BMD-4). Where is the BTR-80 and BTR-80A also ?

I'm surprised there is very few units. I was expecting alot more from BIS. The Russians have the T-90A Vladimir but they don't have the T-80BV or the T-80U. I'd also like to see more aviation units and there should be a BMP-1P and BMD's (BMD-1P,BMD-2,BMD-3,BMD-4). Where is the BTR-80 and BTR-80A also ?

But what about the kitchen sink?

I think it's been established that if BIS made every sort of vehicle and weapon under the sun, the game would never get released. Just leave it to the modders...

Most people indeed prefer quality over quantity.

Do you see the effort they've put in to the numerous detail buildings featuring in ArmA 2? Ask yourself this: Would you rather have 60-70 unique types of vehicles, which the community will eventually recreate, or would you have a detailed and highly differential 225 km2 map you more or less will be spending much of your MP/SP gaming on?

I prefer quality in front of quantity (as lapa mentioned)

Universal - you can get panished here, as i get for few days, noone here except us , cares that Russian army has 300 T90 and 3000 T80 in service + another 2000 in storage

for them it is "who cares"

of course for realism T80 is must, like BTR-80 instead of BTR-90 , Russian army has over 1000 BTR80 and ... 80-100 BTR90, so 10 times more BTR80 than 90 (like with tanks T-80 vs. 90)

i wonder what is ratio between AK74M and Ak107 in service, 100 times more AK74M than 107 ? ;)

like 10-15 SU34 vs 500 SU24 ???

but... "who cares" is here very present attitude , sad and poor :(

Universal - better not write here like that, they don't like it

Edited by vilas

Who said that the T80 won't be ingame? As far as I remember one video from the GC showed T80 fighting vs T72 so please stop your whining.

Universal - better not write here like that, they don't like it

If you'd ever read some of his page-long spam posts on the FFUR and MCM mod threads, you'd know that he'd start demanding every single nut and bolt ever used by the Russian army in it's entire history if people didn't tell him to stop it...

Edited by echo1
Typo

So vilas, I see the 2 days vacation was not enough as you're back to your usual BIS bashing.

I tell you again, just because you just don't seem to get the point: No one, I repeat no one, promised you a hyper-realistic russian army simulator with all kind of vehicles detailed until the last nut and bolt.

wish there were more big pictures released - they make great wallpapers but only the gamestop (sp?) images are big enough. that's a good sign as it means the scenery looks great at least.

Lol, Vilas has opportunity to show his great addon-making skills and huge knowledge about military equipment, and still act like teenage anarchist wannabe.