Sign in to follow this  
StefX

New ArmA II Pictures!

Take a stick and try to position your head into that position.

Ain't that easy, is it?

huh?!  huh.gif

I assume you talk about 'modified' view, well it's not a head problem, it's matter of hands position. Although,default position is anything but realistic too. Feels like rifle-butt is in stomach.

And speaking of realism, zooming, ain't realistic, or ye are able to freaking squeeze your eyes out of nose to zoom like in arma.

Seriously, stop talking about realism when you want 'zooming' ability

Manual FOV, cause those aren't biologically controllable.

In same time we just could adobt unrealistic FP-view, it ain't no different from manual zoom.

How the "automatically zooms" would "know" if the player like to zoom in/out and of course how much? Imho its ok ingame to change manually from outzoomed view - iron sight - focused view.

Irl you have the same procedures and some more choices its more fluent for sure but not automatically.  wink_o.gif

Guess that Arma2 isnt going to be a CQB shooter. If you have such great terrains and choices - why wasting time with CQB?

Actually BIS did a little research on this IIRC - the max zoom in ArmA on a 1600x1200 monitor simulates the definition a human eye can see with in the real word.

Yeah, a player controlled zoom/fov is actually more realistic, as there are limits to what your monitor can display.

i think thats why you can open up ironsight/optics view in ARMA?  

the view we have now is already good enought IMO huh.gif

don't think it's realistic having the rifle like this

you don't aim like this,you put your cheek on the stock and im

you really need to change that

plus the sight is missing something its should look like this (_|_)

but it looks like this in Arma and now Arma2 _._

The problem I realized in Arma's aiming is that the sights are extremly small as pixels. It takes ages to aim, which is not realistic too. :P

The FPV is nowhere good. Flashpoint might have as clunky, but  there it's much better.

For example, compare it to this:

http://tinyurl.com/cshvr7

It might be not super realistic, but atleast you know you'll hit something. and you don't have zoom your head close to the monitor just to make sure your pixel is aiming that moving pixel right there.

What, no?! Don't change it. It's excellent as it is now. sad_o.gif

Good luck fighting in close-combat  confused_o.gif

Arma's FPV is just no engaging enought and so 90's. It's like volvo 1995, clunky, cheeky and horrible imo.

in CQC and indoors, it's totally impossible. and FOV changing, gimme a break guys, do you squeeze your eyes to change fov irl?

For instance: From hip view could be more CQC friendly, as shown in

a screenshot below.

hipdiffer.th.jpg

That's excellent and how it should be, hip fire as hip fire and when aiming the gun should be on your shoulder. It's very clumsy and annoying to play CQC like it's now.

I'm also a little bit "disappointed" by that latest AK Ironsight Picture. It sadly shows that Arma2 has again the same flaw in it.

I will short explain you the issue here from my point of view:

Arma1 uses a "unified" ironsight/rifle pressed to shoulder view/animation and have NOT separated it like it should be.

Also there is NO Hip-shooting animation at all. Your field of view is from a point centered between both eyes in Arma Model and therefore you see the rifle shouldered and not "hip".

So when you are normal standing, you already appear as "looking through the ironsights" for others seeing you, but also you have your weapon constantly pressed at your shoulder.

And then when you really go into ironight-mode, you still appear the same for others.

So there are some serious tweaks and animations missing.

I have already suggested this back in early 2008 and it was largely discussed, however i can't find that topic anymore because of the weak search function.

Thats it! This is it, this is what separated OFP1 from ArmA. Its the sights and how long it takes to aim. Man for years now, i have been wondering why ArmA seemed off and different and not as entertaining as the first one, but now i know... (90% sure thats the reason)

Any updates on ARMA2 today?

Thinking about the statement: "The website will be updated with fresh news on a weekly basis, from now up to the time of release. Regular updates about ARMA2 factions, weapons and vehicles will be accompanied by a series of visual references."

Maybe later tonight.

Alex

I think the sights could be improved, but modded weapons can do that smile_o.gif

72 @ Mar. 21 2009,00:24)]Any updates on ARMA2 today?

Thinking about the statement: "The website will be updated with fresh news on a weekly basis, from now up to the time of release. Regular updates about ARMA2 factions, weapons and vehicles will be accompanied by a series of visual references."

Maybe later tonight.

Alex

well, then shaky logic determines that if the updates finished then is the game ready to go gold?

doubt it though.

very eager to buy my copy of arma2. hey BIS you want a cheque, cash or do you take credit cards?

we have an update of gallery ?

I can see a form in this section of officiel site  wink_o.gif

steam is getting some exclusive stuff tonight in about two hours...

we have an update of gallery ?

I can see a form in this section of officiel site  wink_o.gif

Don't tell me we will only have screens this week! sad_o.gif

Sorry, I got used to the videos...

Yeah, BIS had us on a fever pitch for a while, even have the inertia changed toward Arma II on OFP:DR's own Youtube postings. Need to keep the interest growing guys! Like sex, you build up toward the delivery! lol.

Joking a little, but you know you need to keep on track with the community's emotional kinetics. Right now, from reading latest post trends, you have more 'umph' than Codies. Both for disclosure with the community, and content (including units, features, and most realistic display of them). DO NOT LET UP ON THE PRESSURE. You have the PR initiative, keep it!

is that a m-14 or M-21?

Edit LOL @ me i forgot that m21 is sniper adaption of m-14

Don't kill me tounge2.gif but on that pic it looks like Arma1 with M1A1 Mods and Schmalfelden map.....

theres something wrong with the way trees are scattered or something... confused_o.gif arma 1 style  crazy_o.gif

How to tell if that's not from Arma 1

Seems the grass is almost too green in comparison to the trees. They stick out a lot. Looking very much like ArmA1 as well this pic.

I guess some areas and situations ArmA2 will look amazingly new and some areas will remind of ArmA1 a lot. I might be wrong when i go in there.

smile_o.gif

Alex

Don't kill me  tounge2.gif  but on that pic it looks like Arma1 with M1A1 Mods and Schmalfelden map.....

That was my first thought smile_o.gif