Sign in to follow this  
StefX

New ArmA II Pictures!

i saw the ghillies in that older set of pics and i have been stoked ever since. if there is one thing i look for in any game, it is how well the maps are built, which ones i can snipe on, and how realistic the sniping is. at least in BF they had bulletdrop and leading.

"Kill one man, Terrorize a thousand"

at least in BF they had bulletdrop and leading.

These have been in OFP and Arma since the start.

Awww, c'mon guys, be nice.  It's not his fault BF had such small areas that bullet drop had to appreciably happen in a 100m or so, instead of several hundred.  Man, I remember it, it was like shooting a pellet gun tounge2.gif

WhiteXFeatherX: If sniping (and therefore ambushes, which will be pretty new dynamic in patience if you're just coming over from BF) is your thing -then one of the most awesome features of BIS's games, is the fact that there are no real 'maps', but regions, to explore and discover your setup, trap and escape locations. Run your theories with the AI a few times to tweak, and stow it away for when you have the opportunity online. My group did this in OFP, and to a lesser extend in ArmA. See you on the field.

yeah knowing the regions in the map can be key, know what places are good for ambushes and for fast travel roads and what places have big open spaces for say a base to be located on or to land a chopper easy.  wink_o.gif

It goes even as far as yeah im in that location on the map where are those rocks that give good cover in a firefight... whistle.gif

Huh? BF2 has no bullet drop (the code is there though) - at least not with sniper rifles.

It was pure point&click.

No no! BF2 does have bullet drop. Only prolem is that it's even worse then in arma on the realistic side

wink_o.gif

Hi all

Is this a picture thread?

Kind Regards walker

Hi walker

I am sure this is.

Kind Regards raphier

Hi all

Is this a picture thread?

Kind Regards walker

Hi walker

I am sure this is.

Kind Regards raphier

biggrin_o.gif <-- there, a picture.

Another new ArmA 2 picture!

This one shows a U.S. Marine Corps UH-1Y helicopter.

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=news&id=2137

Notice the helicopter door gunner. Hopefully a sign of better things to come.

Also, notice the interior of the helicopter that can be seen through the glass. Very detailed.

However, notice the AAV in the background, no shadow.

Both pictures look fantastic.

Love the new smoke fx, and look at those details on the UH-1Y  crazy_o.gif  notworthy.gif

[EDIT]

Yeah, shadows... a slider for shadow draw distance would be a nice addition.

What do you mean? Everything about that gunner is the same as in ArmA...

The missing shadow for the AAV is a result of the draw distance for the shadows of non static objects probably, something I hope can be turned up a bit as that distance is a bit short for shadows to not appear.

Additionally I don't think that doorgunner is even manning the weapon. We sure he is actually a gunner?

What do you mean? Everything about that gunner is the same as in ArmA...

yeah right.there is no difference.

where exactly do you see better things to come for the gunner?

blah, first person view see s to stay the same. Again you have to zoom to aima the enemy... huh.gif

wish it's more dynamic (hands) this time then.

Come one BIS, make it automatic, depended on how far you're looking.

Like if I am looking at 300 meters, the gun automatically zooms in my 'eyes'. and when I point at wall, it adjust back. dynamic adjust of aim. Finally would focus on 'action'. than adjusting my sight-eye 30 mins then shoot a bullet and die.

What, no?! Don't change it. It's excellent as it is now. sad_o.gif

Good luck fighting in close-combat  confused_o.gif

Arma's FPV is just no engaging enought and so 90's. It's like volvo 1995, clunky, cheeky and horrible imo.

in CQC and indoors, it's totally impossible. and FOV changing, gimme a break guys, do you squeeze your eyes to change fov irl?

For instance: From hip view could be more CQC friendly, as shown in

a screenshot below.

hipdiffer.th.jpg

Better go for unrealistic lilliput perspective where every shot is posed to go straight into your stomch-respectively forehead with the perspective presented on that pic ?

It looks unnatural and stupid imo. huh.gif