Sign in to follow this  
StefX

New ArmA II Pictures!

Anyone know of a Arma2 picture stash with all the so far released pics? Maybe the first page could be updated with links...?

Yes they ARE new and they look pretty god dam amazing!

Most of them aren't new actually. There are only about six or eight new ones in that bunch the rest are from a long time ago.

There is an exclusive little pic on the ArmA 2 Facebook page.

It shows that the buildings will be internally illuminated at night.

This will add another level of atmosphere to night missions in urban areas.

Can't wait to see it in action.

EDIT - Seems to have already been posted here http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....st=1065

I think it will be interesting how these lights will be affected by the "dynamic" destruction. Or are only small (enterable) houses partly destructable and the bigger ones will be like ArmAs 9/11...

would be interesting how the civs react. If you enable them in the editor they should normally do what civilians do...but if you shoot at their buildings there should some run out of it! Just spawn some civilians at the entry with waypoints distant of that area  inlove.gif

It would be a huge and immersive advantage compared to OFP Dragon Rising's evacuated island wink_o.gif

Hi tele....

If you look this screen.... you will see that also big complex buildings will be destructable.... its an old one but it looks good

BuildingDestruction

the idea thar civilians run out of destructed buildings is also good... it would look realy authentic...

Regards -rF- Cultivator

Regarding civilians running out of buildings, wouldn't it be very odd to have a large group of civilians running out of a small building in the middle of the wilderness when combat begins?

In urban areas, it would be perfect. Make sure not to shoot at civilians even if they are directly in front of the enemy.

I think you should be able to put civilians in the building from the editor and then let the game manage them.

It looks good, but i hope they will make it not so unrealistic that APFSDS (so called "Sabot" Rounds) will let the building collapse as this is not possible/very likely in RL. Lets see how good BIS' Military Advisors really are tounge2.gif :d

Let's see how good BIS' military advisors really are.

What military advisors?

Just kidding! tounge2.gif

Lets see how good BIS' Military Advisors really are

Oh yes, they should better ask you. icon_rolleyes.gif

Lets see how good BIS' Military Advisors really are

Oh yes, they should better ask you.  icon_rolleyes.gif

Lol, what you want to reach with that comment?

You forgot to quote my smilies with that sentence, which shows that this was "joke" meant.  wink_o.gif  smile_o.gif

But to answer that comment: BIS doesn't need a Mr.G-C or anyone external advisory... all they need is time and google.

You can find EVERYTHING you wanting to know about certain weapon-systems/vehicle/whatever and so on over the Internet....

Hell even the whole (operators-)manuals and training manuals about attack-helicopters are available for everyone.... not to speak about ballistic sheets and whatnot.

You can download whole sets of PDFs and Advertising Videos at the Military Stuff Manufacturers, you could even ask them if they would send some HQ Audio/Video captures (a good source for Ingame-sounds).... So its all there... you just need to dedicates some time into it and simply model it in-game like the real counterpart is.

So when i now look back to Arma1, i'm almost sure that there was certainly no military advisory considered, nor do i think have they really searched via methods i listed above, for reasons unknown to us.

ArmA is still a game, it should attract new gamers not only hardcore realism fanatics. Therefore BIS needs to find a balance on how real they want things to be. It's not an issue on incompetence or lazyness. Also there is the time thing. We can bombard BIS with ideas, but it is up to them to use whatever they see fit or whatever might suit a timeframe. Sometimes features are tried but in the end disregarded as either not that important or not possible within the remaining dev time.

This is how far I'd like the startup sequence on the KA50 to be for a 'game':

This would become too much for a 'game':

Yes, I'd actually kind of like the last procedure, but having this in game would possibly scare away newcomers of being too complex. What would be the point of playing a game with no players? I think the online community is getting smaller already, many servers have only a single player icon_rolleyes.gif

what you want to reach with that comment?

[and the following]

exactly this answer.

ArmA is still a game, it should attract new gamers not only hardcore realism fanatics. Therefore BIS needs to find a balance on how real they want things to be. It's not an issue on incompetence or lazyness. Also there is the time thing. We can bombard BIS with ideas, but it is up to them to use whatever they see fit or whatever might suit a timeframe. Sometimes features are tried but in the end disregarded as either not that important or not possible within the remaining dev time.

Please not the realism vs. gameplay discussion again (for me realism IS (Team-)Gameplay, at least in MP and to a certain extend, lets say like ACE-Mod is doing it but not much further tounge2.gif )

Also i can give you some example to show you that Arma is even more Arcade than games like COD or whatever games, we "hardcore" games usually calling "Arcade-Shooters".

1. Javelin in Arma.... do i have to say more? Even COD4 Javelin has a actual targeting system....

2. AT4/M136 in Arma....do i have to say more?

3. APFSDS (Sabot Rounds) in Arma....

Until Patch 1.08 and multiple mentioning/complaining/PMs to Devs from Me and others about it, BIS didn't even seems to knew that they don't make big HE-typical explosions on impact.

4. Laser-Tracers in Arma....do i have to say more?

5. Lock-Fire-Lock-Fire-Lock-Fire schema at Planes/Helos is the most arcadish realization i ever saw in any modern game.

Etc....

The list is very very long.... tounge2.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I really expect a change in these fields for Arma2.  wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

This is how far I'd like the startup sequence on the KA50 to be for a 'game':

Well that would be very awesome, but Maruk already said that even the current spin-up phase is quite long (sounded like "too long") and would some sort of "scare away" typical players.

So, lets hope it would be modable at least.

Well you are setting yourself for disappointment then, none of this has been promised by BI.

I do agree in your rant though, especially the auto target system..

But there are limits to how much we can realistically expect from this small developer within such short time remaining to release.

Well you are setting yourself for disappointment then, none of this has been promised by BI.

I do agree in your rant though, especially the auto target system..

But there are limits to how much we can realistically expect from this small developer within such short time remaining to release.

Normally yes, i know.... but there are some things which gets improved:

1. Tracers are already awesome looking at the preview-vids

2. According to interview with Ivan Buchta they worked or at least considered IR/FLIR for Vehicles

3. They have experimented with some "alternative" missle-targeting like Ivan Buchta told me over a PM some months ago.

So lets hope for the best.....