Sign in to follow this  
StefX

New ArmA II Pictures!

I just hope that the make the game more optimized and make sure that the gameplay is smooth and bugs are ironed out before they put it in stores.

I just hope that we can make use of the Weapon-Bipod, like the machine guns to estabalize our gun and that the train should be made of rocky and tundra terrain instead of grass all over.

there is new screenshots at armaholic.. with a link to a german site with some awesome screens of scenery yay.gif

4-demonews.de_preview_3.jpg

Reminds me of the 'Conflict' series, which is actually a goodthing for small squad based combat!

Oh and Rawr, wheres that pic from?

In case none of you have seen the videos, they state in the upper-left corner that the game is still in an alpha state. So, if you notice something is a little off, please be patient.

- dRb

Hey, did I miss this one or is this the first official Trailer fro ArmA II: Clicky

Looks quite nice and full of action. I think this is the kind of videos that attract some more ppl to the game (however they might comlain that the game is too hard when they get it biggrin_o.gif )

So we get to pay full-price for an expansion pack? Because it looks like the exact same thing as ArmA.

I'm just glad I don't work in BI. What a impossible fan-base they have to cater rofl.gif

They should make two versions of Arma 2, one that is what they are currently working on, and then re-release OFP with the Arma 2 name sticked on it, so those overly nostalgic OFP people can be happy too.

Dont get me wrong, I love OFP like my own son, and it was amazing back in its day. But come on, surely we can move on?

Wow, this looks like a far more dynamic command system:

Synchronised movement!

But playing a campaign entirely as 'Team Razor'?... not impressed with that. CWC was great because you played a variety of roles, not just SF.

So we get to pay full-price for an expansion pack?  Because it looks like the exact same thing as ArmA.

I don't think it looks anything like ArmA except for in the sense that it has trees, vehicles, buildings and people in it.

Quote[/b] ]In related news: True Sequel to OFP Still Not In Sight

Also disagree with that. What would a true sequel look like? The only thing I saw in the video that I didn't like were the puffs of blood being a bit bright and the way the tank exploded.

Additionally, if I am wrong and this isn't a true sequel to OFP then don't make one because I want a sequel to this... or a new World War II game... whichever.

What would a true sequel look like?

In a few words, a game that is truely Innovative and Fresh today, comparable to what Flashpoint was back in its day.

What would a true sequel look like?

In a few words, a game that is truely Innovative and Fresh today, comparable to what Flashpoint was back in its day.

That's very vague. Can you go into a bit more detail on what specific features it would have?

I could go on about that all day but it's already getting late.

Briefly the stuff that most pisses me off is the arcade mechanics that aren't even good arcade mechanics (like magically effective AA missiles with no counter-measure, magical 360-sensor with instant identify-friend-or-foe and the likes). Also the game doesn't seem to be striving for the next logical steps in larger scale warfare, (the ability for the player to command multiple squads is insignificant when the AI does not even begin to understand invidual's tactics, not to mention squad-level or platoon-level).

I could go on about that all day but it's already getting late.

Briefly the stuff that most pisses me off is the arcade mechanics that aren't even good arcade mechanics (like magically effective AA missiles with no counter-measure, magical 360-sensor with instant identify-friend-or-foe and the likes). Also the game doesn't seem to be striving for the next logical steps in larger scale warfare, (the ability for the player to command multiple squads is insignificant when the AI does not even begin to understand invidual's tactics, not to mention squad-level or platoon-level).

There is no guarentee that the AA missile one isn't in there already. I think there should be counter-measures as well because putting AA soldiers in is presently suicide.

As far as AI goes they have gotten better since OFP. I will admit that as of ArmA they are still making stupid mistakes but if you think about the AI in other games and the scope of those games compared to this one I think they are moving in the right direction.

The AI is apparently better at squad-level tactics now and seeing as how you would be the platoon leader they don't really need to know platoon mechanics because you're there to know them/make the AI use them.

I have no comment on the 360-sensor thing. I will admit that it is pretty cheap most the time and a better system should be implemented but no game is perfect and I think as of right now ArmA II is shaping up to be a damn good sequal to OFP.

Hello,

I apologize for making yet another pointless post , also for commenting about the in-progress graphics , I really still do care more about the gameplay elements (AI , squad command interface , Saving in MP , Armour Combat). But as there ain't much else to comment on,

What the fuck is it with modern graphics and bloom? I see the point of other graphical inventions of the past and I would like to give more constructive feedback , but bloom makes literally no sense to me. None.

So I guess from my demographically-and-thus-sales-unimportant point of view I literally beg you to lower the bloom effect in the tweaking to come to a point where it becomes really subtle and perhaps it looks better that way (Perhaps not).

While I am at it the same actually applies to HDR-effects,sunglare and other ways that screw up your vision.

I found the way the whole blinding thing was done in ArmA to be terrible irritating.

Same goes for excessive shinyness(my graphical pet-peeve) , but of course the blooming seems for an artistically uneducated person like me to aggravate that effect.

The blooming was a trailer only thing I think.

The HDR is being tuned down in Arma 2 to make it less noticeable. theres no overshinyness either. And the HDR sun glare is part of what makes Arma what it is, a simulator.

Additionaly, bloom/hdr makes the graphics look slightly less cheaper, and OFP-ish game will never have comparable graphics to other games so its better.

I don't think the bloom is a problem. I'm watching the trailer and it looks like there is only noticeable bloom when you're facing the sun or if you are in the forest. Overall it's very pleasing and not as big as a problem as some other games.

The "shinyness", too, looks good in my opinion. However, I don't think it's right to call it shiny, because it's not. They're really more highlights from the sun.

EDIT: With that said, Arma II also looks to have more vibrant colors, and considering that the dull textures in Arma were my personal pet peeve, well, I'm happy about that too.