Sign in to follow this  
thrush213

lasing a fortress

anyone try making something like this? too bad the ai can't lase on their own.

anyway, here's the mission file. i found it in my arma user mission folder in my documents.

http://www.2shared.com/file/3780388/f331e2a0/missions.html

the setting is early morning, i specifically made it dark so you can see the explosion and tracers but bright enough to see the choppers and planes in action.

i put an ammo box at your feet and inside you must select the laser pointer. afterwards you look down at the base with the rangefinder and press fire to begin lasing. if you want a larger view, just press the numpad asterisk, then the numpad enter key.

also, i was playing with johnny's army sf units, but everyone probably has that installed already.

the mission is basically a large ai battle. you are an sf soldier on top of a mountain tasked with softening up the base before the invasion occurs, i placed tents and fellow troops to add to the immersion.

first wave are the harriers that you must direct to the targets with the laser. then comes the attack choppers, afterwards a group of soldiers emerges from the woods to capture the base, along with them are 2 blackhawks that land near the base and unload more troops.