Sign in to follow this  
mr_centipede

Carrier Command: Gaea Mission

This is a surprise wow_o.gif

Sounds awesome. It's been a very long time since I played and enjoyed any sci-fi game.

I read the website, gotta say I'm looking forward to it. According to the website it combines first person combat with strategy. So kinda like a sci-fi version of ArmA 2 maybe?

biggrin_o.gif

they will reveal stuff later. aplha prime didnt have a bad engine, it got physics and stuff, but the game was very unpolished.

Holy shit, Carrier Command by BIS.... I didn't see that one coming smile_o.gif

p.s. "old farts" like me loved that original game wink_o.gif

Hmm, I've never heard of this game. Did BIS make the original or not?

BIS didn't exist in 1988 AFAIK. OFP was their first game release.

Cool very nice to hear that.... BIS is expanding...great..

To the game:

Will this game be some in-depth FPS shooter again, or some "3rd-Person-Console-1-week-to-play-then-throw-it-away-crap"?

If the later is the case then i can understand it... BIS need some sort of "throw-away-games" in the mean time which fill up their bank-accounts, so they can concentrate hopefully on games with depth and unlimited possibilities like Arma...

Anyway, good luck in your financial future BIS wink_o.gif

If you played carrier command you will know the answer. If not, go play it.

Carrier command has been an all-time-favourite of my Amiga times. Great decision to remix it ! thumbs-up.gif

I still own the audio-casette with the audio-theme that came with the original game xmas_o.gif

I used to play it on my friend's PC, remember it was quite a challenge. never got around to play it much so not quite had the feelings you old timer have...

I still wish someone take up the old SEAL Team by EA back in 1993. man that was a blast.. but thats way OT

Anyone remember Hostile Waters published by (I think) Rage? It was made around 2000-2001 and was a complete take-off on Carrier Command. It was an awesome game one of the very best I've ever played and it had fantastic narratives by several actors including Doctor Who and Blackadder's very own Tom Baker.

This was a brilliant enough concept then, if BIS can make it even better than Hostile Waters (and as equally smooth and bug free) then they'd have a potential hit on their hands again on the scale of OFP.

Delighted to hear Bohemia are throwing their vast expertise into a fantastic new venture!!!

Anyone remember Hostile Waters published by (I think) Rage? It was made around 2000-2001 and was a complete take-off on Carrier Command. It was an awesome game one of the very best I've ever played and it had fantastic narratives by several actors including Doctor Who and Blackadder's very own Tom Baker.

This was a brilliant enough concept then, if BIS can make it even better than Hostile Waters (and as equally smooth and bug free) then they'd have a potential hit on their hands again on the scale of OFP.

Delighted to hear Bohemia are throwing their vast expertise into a fantastic new venture!!!

yeah I heard a lot of praise about hostile waters however i didnt get the chance to try it out because it was about the time that OFP came out  wink_o.gif

so will BI creat a new engine or will they use the old one/ 3rd party one?

so will BI creat a new engine or will they use the old one/ 3rd party one?

They'll update the old one from 1988 :P

I remember Suma talking about wanting to work on new stuff in a Radio interview a few months ago. I suppose this is what he was talking about! The website and information looks amazing BIS. I am really looking forward to this, as I too have played the original.

My one and only request:

Please finish ArmaII, then work on this game. Perhaps with all that new revenue from the sales of (the soon to be) Arma2, it'd be great of BIS could expand into other studios and expand.

I'm interested in knowning what engine they will be using. The current one that's been used in the days of OFP, ArmA and VBS, or a new one?

Jason its probably the engine of Black Elements Alpha prime, jugding by the art.

Holy Crap! Now all those hidden memories come back. Like playing Carrier Command on a 386 machine in the hospital, when the electricity shut down, but I could carry on playing because they had a backup diesel generator! Remeber that game until today.

Go Walrus! Capture that island already.

Those are some big shoes to fill ...

P.S.: Carrier command was is the opposite of throw-away games.

P.P.S.: There was a title, that came close (but was a throwaway) in the years past ... Hostile Waters by Rage Games Ltd. (they're out of business since 2003).

Powered up Hostile Waters last night, and oh my!! Forgot how amazingly good it was. Only intended to do a quick few trials ended up playing through several islands and will go on to finish it again. Awesome game so much re-playability.

If Bohemia can mix that magic with the foot soldier and stealth elements of OFP then this new game will be a legend.

Alpha Prime and Arma 2 both have good engines... but I'd bet it will based on BIS engine (for exteriors and scope) modded by Black Element for eye candy...

Black Element did the campaigns for Queens Gambit, so they already know BIS engine I guess...

well Alpha Prime got some very nice 'interior' visuals ...

one can only imagine what it would look if they 'merge' into ArmA 2 engine or post ArmA 2...

Looks VERY promising, if a mergeing of technologies happens I think it will be great to have the next-gen ArmA-landscape married to a more user-friendly / better movement system as other later FPS titles are already developing (e.g. ladders, slopes, obstacles and walls etc. without command menu, one key E to enter/exit vehicle). Here's hoping!

Or maybe we'll get a nice surprise with ArmA2 also?