Sign in to follow this  
mr_centipede

Carrier Command: Gaea Mission

From worthplaying.com

"Bohemia Interactive Studio and Black Element Software announce a new multi-platform title, Carrier Command: Gaea Mission. Based on the original Carrier Command released in 1988, and fully licensed and endorsed by its creators, the new game strives to deliver innovative and intense gameplay in a truly next-gen rendition."

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=54768

dont know where else to put, so i guess I put it here

No more Arma games in a while after Arma 2 then I guess.

Command sounds like a pretty interesting game after what I am reading on Wikipedia, good luck to BI on that.

Is it the same like supreme Commander?

Good luck for the development! smile_o.gif

Interesting news, really. smile_o.gif

I like strategy games and will keep an eye on this.

definitely something to watch on my radar whistle.gif

AIiieeghh This was my fav game ever back then and BI studios are making it aiiiieee - cant wait

Its odd I was thinking of making a mission in arma like this only the other day

Hahah Carrier Command, wow that game ruled.

I recall I got kicked out from school because I skipped a day when I just wanted to play carrier command and capture those islands, hehe, maybe thats why I'm such a dumbass huh smile_o.gif

Carrier Command ruled back in the day, those shoes are hard to fill, but if anyone can do it, its Bohemia Interactive...

uhh hu... And here I was expecting a Naval Fleet introduction to OFP or ArmA... Not what I was expecting. wow_o.gif

I thought about sci-fi arma or WW2 arma but this is a surprise.

Nice start, it even has a book, a good one based on critics.

I wonder about gameplay, if they will use the arma engine or something new, looks like crysis from those tiny screens. whistle.gif

2 BI games at GC. yay.gifwhistle.gif

Ah! Are you kidding me, I read this book! It got some great reviews (some scifi site had it in their top books of the year) and I have to agree with them, but I had no idea it was becoming a game. Carrier Command eh... my friends loved this but I never got into it (too busy playing Uridium). Thanks for posting that link to the original, see if I can get an emulator running and see what all the fuss is about...

oh wait, which is the best format to try? I had seen it on Amiga, is the PC enhanced or is it back in the EGA days?

Ah! Are you kidding me, I read this book! It got some great reviews (some scifi site had it in their top books of the year) and I have to agree with them, but I had no idea it was becoming a game. Carrier Command eh... my friends loved this but I never got into it (too busy playing Uridium). Thanks for posting that link to the original, see if I can get an emulator running and see what all the fuss is about...

oh wait, which is the best format to try? I had seen it on Amiga, is the PC enhanced or is it back in the EGA days?

Don´t know i played it on my Atari ST when it was released. I see i need to rebuild my old Atari Rig to get some advantage when the new game will be released nener.gif Emulators suck thats not the same felling tounge2.gif

Come to think of it. Ironic, Capture The Island happy.gif

Exciting site though, can't wait to see the some in-game screenshots. From little there is, it seems that it will be using the Alpha Prime engine.

I'm sure it'll be refreshing for BIS though, they've been grinding simulations for years now. Might even help with ArmA II.

Awsome! I loved Carrier Command, even though I was a wee man when I played it, I loved it. It was simple and fun. Got destroyed half the time, but still fun.

seems intresting , never played the game but i can't wait to see what Bis can do with a sci-fi sim title smile_o.gif