Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Project RACS

lol it be good if we can but its up two wld427 and iv been puting tham thru the paces and its looking ok to me up to now still think the top MG aiming is out a bit but that may be me

Im tracking on the roof MG aiming issue....

anything else fellas? :bounce3:

Found a small bug, it seems that the RAC's Hilux is on the OPFOR side, and has no windows! I get a grey solid windscreen and windows!

Other than that great addon, and love the UN troops to.........

:bounce3:

Yeah its cuz of the .tga files in there. Not sure why in the original BIS versions they work fine, but if you do a new config they don't work fine. Might have to do with rvmats or something...not sure. But binpbo doesn't like tga textures cuz they work fine when unbinarized. I'm fixing this issue on my Taliban pack's pickups right now. You just have to save all the window textures as .paa or .pac files instead and change that file type on O2 for those textures.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Wld427 i love this mod!

It's great to see that the RACS units have been made a bit more realistic.

I found it a bit hard to believe they were sporting the newest in German rifles in the original game.

Also, i've got a soft spot for the G3 so that's even better.

I can't wait for the rest of your infantry to be released, and the M1113's look amazing from what i've seen so far.

Keep up the great work!

anything else fellas? :bounce3:

Well, the breaklights on my rig are "square", but I recon this as minor: zShare pic link

Well done wld427 (once more) :D

BR,

mike

one i missed lol and the 90mm can you give it some Mpat rounds 6 mpat and 6 HEAT rounds or some thing like it

I cannot seem to replicate the problem on my machine with the IFV cannon..... Could you please check your RPT and see if anything is in there about it.

Sure thing! Here it is:

=====================================================================

== F:\Games\Atari\ArmA\beta\arma.exe

=====================================================================

Exe version: Tue Dec 23 20:51:03 2008

build 1.15.5268

File pracs_puma\cfgWeapons.h, line 41: '/cfgWeapons/PRACS_Ga1.maxRangeProbab': Missing ';' at the end of line

File pracs_puma\cfgAmmo.h, line 68: '/CfgAmmo/PRACS_SeaSkua.airLock': Missing ';' at the end of line

Item STR_03s01 listed twice

Item STR_LIB_HILUX listed twice

Conflicting addon CAWater in 'CA\water\', previous definition in 'pracs_type21\'

Updating base class ->Default, by ca\anims\characters\config.bin/CfgMovesBasic/DefaultDie/

Updating base class ->Default, by ca\anims\characters\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/Crew/

Updating base class RscLoadingText->RscText, by DBE1\Models_DBE1\ui\config.bin/RscDisplayLoading/Variants/LoadingOne/controls/CA_TextLoad/

Updating base class RscLoadingText->RscText, by DBE1\Models_DBE1\ui\config.bin/RscDisplayLoadMission/controls/Title1/

Updating base class RscLoadingText->RscText, by DBE1\Models_DBE1\ui\config.bin/RscDisplayStart/controls/CA_Text/

Updating base class ->FlagCarrierCore, by ca\misc\config.bin/cfgVehicles/FlagCarrier/

Updating base class Turrets->, by pracs_sa6\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/ZSU/Turrets/

Updating base class ->MissileBase, by ca\a10\config.bin/CfgAmmo/M_Maverick_AT/

Updating base class ->MissileLauncher, by ca\a10\config.bin/CfgWeapons/MaverickLauncher/

Updating base class SoldierEB->SoldierE, by ca\hotfix\qg\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SoldierPTeamLeader/

Warning: no idc entry inside class RscDisplayStart/controls/Progress2

No class PRACS_M24A2_25mm_HE

No ammo class PRACS_M24A2_25mm_HE

Ok so i found the issue with the ammo and the MG alignment problems.....

anything else fellas?

Ok so i found the issue with the ammo and the MG alignment problems.....

anything else fellas?

Only the brake light issue but it was already mentioned.

Great work! :)

OK gents, the wife was working a long shift tody so i got a chance to get a bunch of stuff updated and wrapped up. I have been looking at the stupid M113 pack for quite some time and i decided just to clip a couple versions that were having binarizing problems. Also the M48\730 Chapparal still needed a texture so it got the ax as well.

so please consult the website as i give you....

http://www.projectracs.armaholic.eu

M-113 pack beta

Updated Armored Car pack:

config changes, aligned MG memory points, fixed M24A2 ammo issue, fixed brake lights and headlights.

Updated Armor Pack:

fixed a whole bunch of shit really.....

added headlights and tail lights...... blah blah blah.....

So if anyone has already done so or is in the process of modifying a evolution or Domination map to include the Project RACS addons, please get in touch with me as i would really like a copy for the Project RACS server going online soon.....

Heya,

I just had a quick test session with your updated units, finaly the RACS have some true kick ass equipment.

But I found some things, that I don't think were meant to be that way:

1. Wheels on the Leos at least the 1A5 are spinning too fast.

2. When using 'tactical view' on the M60-2000, you can see what appears to be the original M60s Turret shadow inside the super pattons turret.

3. When turning the M60-2000s turret 180° (so that the main gun lies on the engine deck), it looks like it isn't centred to the hull, it's a bit to the right of it. (again when using tactical view)

4. The same thing happens with the 90mm Gun on the LAV (the turret issue)

5. Hilux still on opfor side

6. 'Usual' issue with square tail lights on the M113s

7. The 'boxes', the thingies on the side of the M113 from the Tow variant seem to be not properly alligned to the hull, they are too much in front of the tank. It has some shadow issues as well, when using tac view, you can see a second tow launcher shadow in 'burried' in the ground.

8. One more thing on the LAV pack: I have a turned out gunner on all but the MG LAV, which still has a US style star emblem on its front.

I don't know, if these bugs only appear on my rig, (I sometimes have a very strange pc) but I thought I'd let you know about what I found out.

Keep up your good work, and I'm realy looking forward to your next releases.:bounce3:

Found a bug on your Leopard 1a5. The tracks don't move. Everything else appears to be working in the armour pack.

Great work

:bounce3:

Heya,

I just had a quick test session with your updated units, finaly the RACS have some true kick ass equipment.

But I found some things, that I don't think were meant to be that way:

1. Wheels on the Leos at least the 1A5 are spinning too fast.

2. When using 'tactical view' on the M60-2000, you can see what appears to be the original M60s Turret shadow inside the super pattons turret.

3. When turning the M60-2000s turret 180° (so that the main gun lies on the engine deck), it looks like it isn't centred to the hull, it's a bit to the right of it. (again when using tactical view)

4. The same thing happens with the 90mm Gun on the LAV (the turret issue)

5. Hilux still on opfor side

6. 'Usual' issue with square tail lights on the M113s

7. The 'boxes', the thingies on the side of the M113 from the Tow variant seem to be not properly alligned to the hull, they are too much in front of the tank. It has some shadow issues as well, when using tac view, you can see a second tow launcher shadow in 'burried' in the ground.

8. One more thing on the LAV pack: I have a turned out gunner on all but the MG LAV, which still has a US style star emblem on its front.

I don't know, if these bugs only appear on my rig, (I sometimes have a very strange pc) but I thought I'd let you know about what I found out.

Keep up your good work, and I'm realy looking forward to your next releases.:bounce3:

1. Its the same as the BIS abrams and the rest of the Leos

2.It was the first model i ever tweaked.... surprised you didnt find the rest of the problems.

3. Known

4. The main gun is not in the center of that turret. it has an odd shape. Gives the appearance of being off center.

5.oops forgot about that one

6. Known

7. boxes?

8. One more time.... the Turret gunner for the roof is not the primary gunner for the main turret. He only mans the roof turret and thus cannot turn in. In each vehicle you should have 2 gunners. One for the main gun and one for the roof MG.

and as far as the tracks not working? i have no idea why they would work on the rest and not that one. Hopefully its just another anoying binarizing hiccup.

Keep the reports coming..... i will do another update soon.

Honestly this is the best methid for me. I hope i do not suffer the wrath of the people screaming i release un-tested and bug filled crap. because honestly i have very little time to work on this stuff these days. So having the public test them is the best method for me.

thanks

Eddie

Project RACS

Edited by wld427

The 'boxes' that are present on the M163 but not on the M113 (on the side of the tanks), sorry if it still doesn't help, but I'm already a touch drunk, after all it's friday night:D

one more thing:

I wouldn't worry about people whining because of 'untested addons', after all they get them for free.

another question: when I tried to edit my first post, the forum told me, that I don't have the rights to do so and required me to log in again, anybody knows what I did wrong?

Well... Leo 1A5 tracks are moving on my rig...

I tried to check the wheelspeed with some models, but no luck. You may modify the wheelspin by setting the maxValue in the mode.cfg's Wheel_kolxxx animation to a value > 1.0, and it looks good in the buldozer, but the wheels in game do not spin full 360 degrees... :(

Each tank including bigger wheels than a M2A2 wheel has this effect (M1A1 etc.).

wld427: Big thanks for you hard work :bounce3:

BR,

mike

Thanks for update and making some PRACS ICVs! :)

Some bugs and issues are in arma.rpt and posted above.

Found these while placing PRACS units:

- white/missing textures on Royal Guard Officer.

- missing RSAF, RSN pilots for PRACS planes and helicopters.

Royal Guard Officer?? wich addon is this?

what RPT issues are you still having? All should be fixed now

I am not making any pilots as it would require us to re-release all our addons just for an updated config to add the pilots. So we are sticking witht he default BIS.

I think you are getting the PRACS units confused with Lennards Mechanised Rac's infantry addon, I had the same problem with those.........

Sorry, my bad started ArmA with other custom RACS addons. :banghead:

Found another issues:

Drivers view in M113 Mk19, M113 M240, M113 M240 SA, M113 FSV and M113 FSV SA is textured you cant look from inside through those periscopes.

Would be nice and imho bit more logical if LAV 76mm + TOW, LAV 150mm, LAV Defender and LAV 105 Asault cant carry passengers. Think of the free space for ammo storage for the main and secondary weapons. ;)

Some lines from arma.rpt:

Strange convex component pracs_mirage2000\pracs_mirage2000.p3d in component12:geometry

Strange convex component pracs_mirage2000\pracs_mirage2000.p3d in component13:geometry

In Vehicle: pracs_mirage2000\pracs_mirage2000.p3d missing driver get in direction point

In Vehicle: pracs_mirage2000\pracs_mirage2000.p3d missing cargo get in direction point

Old style reload used in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/PRACS_puma330/AnimationSources/

PRACS_puma330_CIV: mainTurret - unknown animation source mainTurret

PRACS_puma330_CIV: mainGun - unknown animation source mainGun

Generating ST on the fly is very slow

Sorry, my bad started ArmA with other custom RACS addons. :banghead:

Found another issues:

Drivers view in M113 Mk19, M113 M240, M113 M240 SA, M113 FSV and M113 FSV SA is textured you cant look from inside through those periscopes.

Would be nice and imho bit more logical if LAV 76mm + TOW, LAV 150mm, LAV Defender and LAV 105 Asault cant carry passengers. Think of the free space for ammo storage for the main and secondary weapons. ;)

Some lines from arma.rpt:

Strange convex component pracs_mirage2000\pracs_mirage2000.p3d in component12:geometry

Strange convex component pracs_mirage2000\pracs_mirage2000.p3d in component13:geometry

In Vehicle: pracs_mirage2000\pracs_mirage2000.p3d missing driver get in direction point

In Vehicle: pracs_mirage2000\pracs_mirage2000.p3d missing cargo get in direction point

Old style reload used in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/PRACS_puma330/AnimationSources/

PRACS_puma330_CIV: mainTurret - unknown animation source mainTurret

PRACS_puma330_CIV: mainGun - unknown animation source mainGun

Generating ST on the fly is very slow

Please download the latest version of the Puma with these erros fixed....

Also I am aware of the Mirage2000 issues. That aircraft has not been updated yet.

Don't know if it was already reported, but the M113 command vehicle has a red cross like the medical M113 on it.