Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Project RACS

+1

you and your team have lots of fans out there, who realy love how you guys spend your free time. (btw, I'm not trying to blow sugar up your ass, it's just the truth!wink_o.gif

+2 Fan

But wld427 (and Meathead), I respectfully suggest you are overreacting.

The addon was not re-released by anyone, but Victor probably should have posted him suggestions in the DISCUSSION thread, not the Complete thread.

People do not nessisarily have the time or the skill to join a Mod, but I see no reason to react that way to someones attempted contribution. Just because he (or others) didn't sign-up to join your mod doesnt mean they can't be used, and appreciated.

The (addon maker) community is not big enough to support reactions where individuals are being "shot-down".

We love you and the teams work Eddie, but don't bust-a-gut trying to do what you think the gamers want, do what you can do, and that will be more than enough for us. thumbs-up.gif

I agree with Gnat here. There is no reason to blow steam as noone released anything without proper credit. Victor just did what he thought best and kept it for himself. Furthermore he came here and told you about it. If anything he said he improved on your work and notified you about it. So stop being pissed off that none joins your mod...thats life. If people change your work with good intentions and they dont take credit for whatever is not theirs all is fine.

Edit: Just notice that nowhere in this thread nor on the RACS website (yes i know u mention it in the readme) does it mention the original authors of the model. Comeon guys this bullet goes both ways confused_o.gif

The basic issue was that PMs were not delivered which eventually led to false assumptions about my intentions. For me that part of the discussion is closed. The rest goes by PM (which apparently work now).

VictorFarbau

[APS]Gnat and Soul_Assassin justs... thumbs-up.gif

Nice work  wink_o.gif

some bug reprt:on mig-27 not working tailplane

MIG-23

see it smile_o.gif

could you get a pic please....

and yes as it seems some PMs have not been making it thru myslf and victor have smoothed everything over.

Sorry to inconvienience anyone. banghead.gif

I have tried the Type 21 frigate and I must say it works like a charm, wld427.

Keep up the good work.

Now the constructive criticism:

- Seawolf missiles can target ground targets, it shouldn't be that way.

- Both Seawolf and Harpoons move the targets with the impact. I think they are suffering the problem that Gnat reported here, in the last post

- Optics in the bofors cannon are a little bit off

- The foam trails are created amidships, not in the bow, as they should be.

Other than that the ship looks incredible. I have had a lot of fun trying to protect 6 LCUs while they were landing from enemy ships trying to prevent the landing

Keep up the good work

This project is a great project. I would love to help but I don't have the skill necessary for it. Please all model makers, scripters, config guys, mission maker and Mod Creators keep at it. This is a great game, maintained by great people!

I am currently helping out in the config dept. but we could still use more help though cause im not no config guru. smile_o.gif

I have tried the Type 21 frigate and I must say it works like a charm, wld427.

Keep up the good work.

Now the constructive criticism:

- Seawolf missiles can target ground targets, it shouldn't be that way.

- Both Seawolf and Harpoons move the targets with the impact. I think they are suffering the problem that Gnat reported here, in the last post

- Optics in the bofors cannon are a little bit off

- The foam trails are created amidships, not in the bow, as they should be.

Other than that the ship looks incredible. I have had a lot of fun trying to protect 6 LCUs while they were landing from enemy ships trying to prevent the landing

Keep up the good work

the Harpoon missiles really pack a HUGE punch in order to offset the massive ability if a ship to absorb hits. So that means we have to crank up the hit percentage. Honestly i dont know what would happen if one would launch a harpoon at a tank? Didnt the US Navy design thier SLAM missile around it if im not mistaken.....

Reguardless i was unaware of the SeaWolf tank killer missile pistols.gifcrazy_o.gif we will be sure to put that on the list of things to fix.

Otherwise i have some pretty cool additions to make such as the life boat script and waving flags to add. We have also been able to take care of the majority of the issues already reported. Connor1994 is workign his ass off on the boats. Going alpha with them reall benefited us as every error corrected on the Type21 we can cross that info to the the Type42 and others.

thanks for the compliments we will keep luggng away

Eddie

Project RACS

Hello,

BUG REPORT - I got an error in arma.rpt:

Quote[/b] ]Warning Message: Cannot load texture pracs_mig21\tex\pylona.paa.

I don't have the Mig21 addon installed so I guess that's the only reason I saw this. I traced it back to the following files which contain illegal references to your Mig21 addon:

Quote[/b] ]PRACS_MiG23.p3d -> pracs_mig21\tex\pylona.paa

PRACS_MiG23_CAP.p3d -> pracs_mig21\tex\pylona.paa

I guess that requires a minor fix by the model editor. Continuing to test this bird; having lots of fun smile_o.gif

Regards,

VictorFarbau

Hello,

BUG REPORT - I got an error in arma.rpt:

Quote[/b] ]Warning Message: Cannot load texture pracs_mig21\tex\pylona.paa.

I don't have the Mig21 addon installed so I guess that's the only reason I saw this. I traced it back to the following files which contain illegal references to your Mig21 addon:

Quote[/b] ]PRACS_MiG23.p3d -> pracs_mig21\tex\pylona.paa

PRACS_MiG23_CAP.p3d -> pracs_mig21\tex\pylona.paa

I guess that requires a minor fix by the model editor. Continuing to test this bird; having lots of fun smile_o.gif

Regards,

VictorFarbau

or ya could just download the Mig21 for now......

that one will get updated but not right away. The MiGs and the Su24 will be completed after the release of the ground hardware.

Hi, may not be a bad idea to add another pilot (co-pilot) to the CH-47

as cargo, in the co-pilot seat, in that way it'll look normal and as

we all know, the Chinooks are operated by two men plus the men in

charge of the weapon stations and/or the cargo area; it's just an

idea for the next revision, is just something that i miss in the game. Let's C ya

wld427: we've used Mig-21 in the past two MP events and here's a list for "to-do":

1. afterburner is way too powerful, very short takeoffs and almost missile-launch attributes when recovering from stall situations

2. if you lock a target with TAB the FAB-100 bombs follow it same as LGBs! No wonder AI kicks ass with them smile_o.gif please remove "smart-bomb" effects, they should be free-fall.

3. flame of afterburner is too far away from the exhaust

Otherwise, loooove it smile_o.gif

notworthy.gif

wld427: we've used Mig-21 in the past two MP events and here's a list for "to-do":

1. afterburner is way too powerful, very short takeoffs and almost missile-launch attributes when recovering from stall situations

2. if you lock a target with TAB the FAB-100 bombs follow it same as LGBs! No wonder AI kicks ass with them smile_o.gif please remove "smart-bomb" effects, they should be free-fall.

3. flame of afterburner is too far away from the exhaust

Otherwise, loooove it smile_o.gif

notworthy.gif

Thanks for the report.

Also how well did it perform on yoru server?

Do you have a recommendation how much i should cut the fterburner... like say 50% or 75% too powerful?

I will be replacing some of the ordnance on the Planes. Godhammer is working up some new goodies for everyone. Also Wolfbite is remodeling and texturing the cockpits.

So the next update is going to be quite substantial.

If anyone has a really good MiG21 engine sound please PM me we would like to get a better one than the one we have.

thanks

Eddie

Project RACS

Planes performs excellent on server and all clients.

Afterburner power should be cut at least 40%.

Grab sounds from this cool video smile_o.gif

Ok folks, I know i promised more today but its not going to happen. While waiting for the FTP to get fixed i got a rare occasion to actually play with our stuff for a while in and out of multiplayer. Right now the LAVs still have an issue with the commanders turret that i just would not be happy releasing with it. So to day i give you our first infantry beta release, The Royal Fusiliers. Followed up with an updated Super Etendard. All RPT issues have been fixed, The AS30L will actually hit something now, and the shadow LOD has been fixed. Also the aircraft now requires XEH.

Enjoy

http://www.projectracs.armaholic.eu/

hi wld427, am i correct in assuming that you have not gone with the German weapons pack? I've nto managed to download them yet as i'm at work but from the images it would appear so, any reason for the change?

the royal fusiliers incorprate teh american weapons pack. other troop units in the series will requires others . I know for sure the paratroopers require the german weapons pack.