Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Project RACS

Just tried the Chinook. Excellent texture and nice flying model.

It is more sluggish than the original one. Very nice!

MiG21 and MiG23\27  released on the Website.

http://www.projectracs.armaholic.eu/

PRACS-Mig21-3.jpg

Known Issues....

MiG21 cockpit texture sucks ass. I want to replace it in time. The CBUs can shoot you down at times.... just friggin fly level...

MiG23 Is jsut plain Pretty....

omg omg testing it out smile_o.gif

edit: all variants of Mig21 look f***ing mega!

mig21.jpg

Quick report on 21-s:

- all models missing damage textures

- no casting of shadows to ground

- wingtip smoke and afterburner flame are offset

- sometimes enemy armor keeps firing on destroyed aircraft (not sure if that is not ACE bug)

- CAP fighters engage armor with AA-8 Aphids

- exploding(crashed) Mig21s don't cause any damage, they don't even bring down a tree...

- cannot lock certain targets (m60 ace, m134 humvee, linebacker...)

- cannon is too powerful, can bring down large buildings almost instantly

Ok i uploaded the wrong file..... file for download will be available fost thing tomorrow morning as my file host is having issues today and i cannot get into my FTP to addnew\remove old file.....

if you wish to download to play around with it by all means.... just please re-download when updated tomorrow AM (US-CST)

thanks a bunch and sorry for the inconvienience

OK, had a closer look at the MIGs. Great work guys, thanks again! There are some issues with the weapons though. The Mig-23 cannon is a bit too powerfull. Take it down about 50% and it should be great ( even though right now is so freaking fun to just blow the M1 with one burst! ). However the rest of the ordanance is too weak. Both guided AT missiles for Mig-21 and 23 almost never hit the target. Mig-21's FAB100 seems more powerfull than Mig-23's FAB500L. After droping both of the FAB500L's on the top of the tank, the tank was still alive, badly damaged, but allive. I doubt that if any tank gets hit with that freaking bomb the people inside would make it. If you could increase the damage by 150% one FAB500L can take out a tank.

Yeah, now I have MiG-21 in Arma! Thanks a lot, guys!

Some mentions after testing MiGs:

1) -21MF with CBU and rocket pods has 6 pylons... so please decrease their number to 4. Btw, 4 full-loaded 57 mm rocket pods and 2 500-kg cluster bombs is rather heavy payload for this MiG. whistle.gif

2) -21 with Kh-25 missiles... only upgraded MiG-21-93 can carry them. Unfortunately, other versions (MF, bis) dont have necessary equipment

3) MiG-27s have only 4 (+1 for droptank) pylons under the fuselage plus 2 small after the wings for bombs only, but not 6 as in your planes

mig27k-c2.jpg

4) I've noticed that you have used Footmunchs's second version of MiGs - they have incorrectly drawn armor plates and many other details in textures. The first version looked much more real.

.....................please reference my last post.......

wrong file uploaded......

need to upload new one but my FTP sucks balls.....

Yeah, now I have MiG-21 in Arma! Thanks a lot, guys!

Some mentions after testing MiGs:

1) -21MF with CBU and rocket pods has 6 pylons... so please decrease their number to 4. Btw, 4 full-loaded 57 mm rocket pods and 2 500-kg cluster bombs is rather heavy payload for this MiG. whistle.gif

2) -21 with Kh-25 missiles... only upgraded MiG-21-93 can carry them. Unfortunately, other versions (MF, bis) dont have necessary equipment

3) MiG-27s have only 4 (+1 for droptank) pylons under the fuselage plus 2 small after the wings for bombs only, but not 6 as in your planes

mig27k-c2.jpg

4) I've noticed that you have used Footmunchs's second version of MiGs - they have incorrectly drawn armor plates and many other details in textures. The first version looked much more real.

there will be no changes to loadouts.....

late MiG21s to include Indian ones carry 6 hardpoints wired for missiles....Same goes for Flogger

Great stuff guys. Just had a quick play with e'm

As you pointed out the cockpit textures are pretty rough as is the landing gear textures.

The tail on the Mig 21 has shadow bug

The pylon on the cap mig 21 looks like it could do with some more faces (It looks very octagonal)

The Trails and the afterburner effect dont line up on the mig 21.

Both the migs when doing an afterburner take off drop the nose after a while ( Dunno if thats actually a bug its no problem really)

Bomb cam is missing from mig 27 ( Was looking forward to that lol)

The Interiors of both looks really erm delapidated. The need to be redone as the pilot is sticking through the paneling.

Other than that great additions for the sla thanks!

.....................please reference my last post.......

wrong file uploaded......

need to upload new one but my FTP sucks balls.....

geeze

Hey...you should be happy that everybody loves what was uploaded. biggrin_o.gif What a great job on both the Mig-21 and the Mig-23/27. thumbs-up.gif Looking foward to the correct files once they're uploaded.

Great stuff guys. Just had a quick play with e'm

As you pointed out the cockpit textures are pretty rough as is the landing gear textures.

The tail on the Mig 21 has shadow bug

The pylon on the cap mig 21 looks like it could do with some more faces (It looks very octagonal)

The Trails and the afterburner effect dont line up on the mig 21.

Both the migs when doing an afterburner take off drop the nose after a while ( Dunno if thats actually a bug its no problem really)

Bomb cam is missing from mig 27 ( Was looking forward to that lol)

The Interiors of both looks really erm delapidated. The need to be redone as the pilot is sticking through the paneling.

Other than that great additions for the sla thanks!

any interest in retexturing them for us?huh.gif?huh.gif?huh.gif??

ive been begging for help for a long time now....

also the "bombcam" works ont he MiG27 just hit your optics button "v"....

no fancy scripting or anything just a forward looking optic that i will later adjsut to look down a bit...

Nice work guys...........

Can't wait to try out the fixed versions............

notworthy.gif

Awesome work. As you know I was holding mt breath for the Floggers smile_o.gif I admit I modified the addon rightaway. The engine sound was too scratchy for my taste and the inside sound level was too high when using VOIP.

I recently captured an Su27 sound from Youtube, cleaned, cut and looped it for later use. Seems to me this is the right addon to put it to use. Let me know what you think; if you like it I could send it to you by mail. If not then I'll keep it for my personal version.

Also added a insideSoundCoeff line into the config with a moderate volume setting (0.4).

Flogger changed sound and inside coeff

Cheers,

VictorFarbau

well thats jsut pretty friggin awesome....

i have been begging for help on this mod yet the minute it is release you tell me you needed to modify it....

so basically i worked my ass off on this thing for nothing.

i uploaded the propper files to the website....

enjoy it as it may be the last

Quote[/b] ]

Awesome work. As you know I was holding mt breath for the Floggers  I admit I modified the addon rightaway. The engine sound was too scratchy for my taste and the inside sound level was too high when using VOIP.

I recently captured an Su27 sound from Youtube, cleaned, cut and looped it for later use. Seems to me this is the right addon to put it to use. Let me know what you think; if you like it I could send it to you by mail. If not then I'll keep it for my personal version.

Also added a insideSoundCoeff line into the config with a moderate volume setting (0.4).

Flogger changed sound and inside coeff

Cheers,

VictorFarbau

Wow dude your a complete jackarse.   banghead.gif

Way to shit in the communities cheereos!

I move that VictorFarbau be blacklisted in the community unless he removes that rude post.   band.gif

Hey wld427 - I don't understand huh.gif I offered my help to you a while ago. You wanted to send me a download link which I never received. I sent you a reminder whether I am still on with testing. Never received an answer to this as well and now I saw you just released those planes. So I assumed you decided against any such help / suggestions...

Cheers,

VictorFarbau

EDIT: Meathead, is this necessary? mad_o.gif

I responded to your post with a download link to you and 3 other paople....

never recived a minute of help form anyone.....

i dont want someone to jump in for a minute, help out with just one addon steal all my MLODs and do as they please afterwards.... ive already been down that road. if you are serious about helping with our aircraft addons PM me.

@VictorFarbau

YES it is.

The community has to police itself.

Editing another mod/members work without permission (EDIT: and releasing it) although not illegal in anyway is a big NO GO and looked down upon heavilly.

ask FIRST. If he says no then leave it be.

Lower your weapons. I didn't come to piss on anybody here today. If so you would know by now wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]never recived a minute of help form anyone.....

That makes me wonder whether there was a problem with the board mailing system. I checked into my messenger again; found your and my PM back from Dec 20th and that's all from your side. I still have the reminder msg to you in my sent items from Jan 2nd.

Who were the others and have you checked whether they received your mail at all?

Quote[/b] ]steal all my MLODs and do as they please afterwards

Well, I understand by now you assume nobody spends a minute to help you but takes the liberty to modify your work. But in my case you're freaking for no reason. And I won't steal anything. I modified this for my personal liking and as I said:

Quote[/b] ] If not then I'll keep it for my personal version.

Since you didn't react to my PM this was just meant as a suggestion. I hope this clarifies my intentions. No patronizing or stealing intended.

Anyways, the offer's of course still there. If you're interested in the soundfile or any other help on the Flogger I am still here. Not sure about PMs; anyway I will send you a test PM now just to check.

Cheers,

VictorFarbau

@VictorFarbau

YES it is.

The community has to police itself.

Editing another mod/members work without permission (EDIT: and releasing it) although not illegal in anyway is a big NO GO and looked down upon heavilly.

ask FIRST. If he says no then leave it be.

since VictorFarbau hasn't published the modified addon i don't see what's the problem , if it is for his personal use he can do whatever he wants with it , as if he wants to paint the plane in pink . in my opinion the only rude post here is yours

I'll say that there's a problem with the forum's emails and pm's.  I've sent both to others on this forum and when I inquired if they got my emails or posts, they've said no.  Which is strange because in my outbox, it says it was sent. An then at times...it works. confused_o.gif

Good work on the re-released MIG's, very nice.......

Keep your chin up Wld427, most people are loving your work..........

notworthy.gif