Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st Normandy mod -WW2

I'm pretty sure multiple fire points can be added without a problem,

Also the Sdkfz 205 is in the works in many different versions (not telling you what just yet :P)

you'll also be glad to know the stuart is already in our hands so will be worked on at a later date

Wow this mod is getting bigger and bigger. Really nice work, and big thanks for your effort to all people involved.

@Rip

Will the M3 halftrack with those 4 .50 cals be able to fire quite some round to a target... or will it be the same as in ofp. 4 guns but one fireing barrel. If so it would be nice if the dispersion was high so it kinda looked like more guns. Oh and will tracers be added?

I hope u understand me... Cause my english aint the best.

Keep on rolling :P

Yeah I wrote a script that fires from multiple points and expends ammo based upon a multiplying factor of however many guns you're firing.

So like all the fixed wing aircraft you see flying around will appear to have fire coming from all their weapons and applicable ground vehicles.

Sorry to hijack your thread for a moment. Here are screenshots of the AT guns. Permissions need to be optained if they are to be made public.

45mm.jpg

Pak36.jpg

Looks good,

but who made them originally.

They remind me of the Pak released by WW2EC

LOL, Rip31st.  rofl.gif Thanks for the suggestion. I guess I just get too excited when I see a World War 2 mod about to be released, after all, I love WW2.  icon_rolleyes.gif

Oddball  inlove.gif

P.S. Nice AT guns also...

They were part of the large WW2 compilation pack that was released years ago. I try to find out who the original authors are.

Very nice armour and half-track T_Roc, especially the Sherman, she's a beauty!!!

Rip31st, I have a special request. When it comes to doing the configs for the armour, can you try to limit the "danger" speed for the ai? In combat situations armour should creep around the battlefield slowly - not storm around hyperactively as the ai tend to do in ofp and ArmA.

Looking good all round everybody!

PS, there seems to be something weird about the wheels on the Dodge, does the texture need centralizing?

Vehicle AI is a joke. The game uses the same AI for infantry and vehicles. It is the driver looking for enemies that causes the whirling around. Personally I have also been waiting the day that someone makes a custom AI for vehicles.

About the 2004 WW2 collection pack for OFP -the author/s are listed as unknown/anonymous.

If you are going to make replacement for the Arma Special forces, you could add...UK commandos

Well for the "1944 invasion period", "UK commandos" are just

basically line infantry with green berets, and a different

TO&E (which caused hassles when Commandos had to relieve

line infantry battalions) . The British infantry I last saw related

to this mod were truly awful, though. I'd be interested to

see the latest incarnation of them.

Permissions need to be optained if they are to be made public.

About the 2004 WW2 collection pack for OFP -the author/s are listed as unknown/anonymous.

The PAK36 37mm AT was made by Vibes of WW2EC, Marfy of Invasion 1944 made retextures (camo paints) for it (don't know if you plan on using those as well).

Vibes is still semi-around last time I checked (alternatively you could PM FAB from WW2EC), and if you plan on using the Marfy retexture (included in I44 Phase 1), you have our (I44) permission (Marfy has been out of contact for ages) as long as WW2EC agrees to the use of the original addon.

[Link here]

Ah, the great era of 2001-2004 sad_o.gif

i like villas germans but are you guys going to make better? im reading the forum and i never heard about the 82nd are they forgotten? tounge2.gif

101st & 2nd rangers are included at the minute.

i'm not sure about the status of adding other divisions IE

82nd airborne,1st division etc.....

changing the marking on the textures wouldn't be hard.

but I'm not sure about the equipment if it's the same for the 101st & 82nd, or 2nd rangers & 1st division.

my guess is they we're probably different outfitted (at least rangers and 1st div)

I have to work on infantry textures sometime so i'll talk to Rip about it and hopefully work something out for stage 2.

all i can say is definitely not for the Beta.

I hope that if you do have time to change something with the German models, it will be improving the helmets and parts of the uniform (collar, shoulderboards).

The worst of Vilas pack definately are the Brits. Their combat webbing is hanging on thin air (no straps on front).

The worst of Vilas pack definately are the Brits. Their combat webbing is hanging on thin air (no straps on front).

And their water bottles are bright yellow.

the vilas pack in the mod is an updated version.

different than the public version.

but the pack won't be updated again before release.

Spy photos of the secret Paraisomünde rocket site...

pic1.jpg

Oopps, this one is going to go long

pic2.jpg

For some reason the game gives all textures a slight neon tint, so have to adjust the color confused_o.gif

have you got permission for these?

i recall them being released for OFP and there being a flyable version too XD.

but if permission is not obtained the original author might not be too happy seeing his work without the proper credits in the forums.

but if permission is not obtained the original author might not be too happy seeing his work without the proper credits in the forums.

I have no knowledge of any OFP add-ons. I made this completely myself.  huh.gif I do not copy anybody's add-ons without persmissions mad_o.gif

It is unmanned (the normal V1). You set the target coordinates and press the "launch button" (scripted or go next to the missile and press 'start' ). It warms the engine for a while and then the catapult fires it up.

Includes the "buzz" sound. It stops the engine slightly before the dive because people generally believe it was used to work that way.

thats really cool and.... also i think its a good aspect for multiplayer

I have no knowledge of any OFP add-ons. I made this completely myself.  huh.gif I do not copy anybody's add-ons without persmissions mad_o.gif

It is unmanned (the normal V1). You set the target coordinates and press the "launch button" (scripted or go next to the missile and press 'start' ). It warms the engine for a while and then the catapult fires it up.

Includes the "buzz" sound. It stops the engine slightly before the dive because people generally believe it was used to work that way.

My Bad,

they looked like another addon from OFP.

apologies for that.

it was the Fieseler Fi 103 (manned version of the V1)

quick fix on the texture saturation and they'll be good to go.

about the buzz you speak of.

the British all came to know them by the name"buzz bombs or doodlebugs" due to the distinctive buzzing of the engine.

when the bomb had neared it's target the engine would cut and the bomb would fall to earth,

a manned version would be quite interesting thinking about it.

though the Germans never used them.

the Japanese had a version (licensed from the Germans)

that was hooked under the belly of a "Betty" bomber and once released was piloted by kamikaze pilots into American Ships and such. a pretty devastating weapon for equipment and morale i would think.

My Bad,

they looked like another addon from OFP.

apologies for that.

it was the Fieseler Fi 103 (manned version of the V1)

quick fix on the texture saturation and they'll be good to go.

about the buzz you speak of.

the British all came to know them by the name"buzz bombs or doodlebugs" due to the distinctive buzzing of the engine.

when the bomb had neared it's target the engine would cut and the bomb would fall to earth,

a manned version would be quite interesting thinking about it.

though the Germans never used them.

the Japanese had a version (licensed from the Germans)

that was hooked under the belly of a "Betty" bomber and once released was piloted by kamikaze pilots into American Ships and such. a pretty devastating weapon for equipment and morale i would think.

If it looks like OFP add-on it must be because of my 'great' skinning skills  whistle.gif

It has only one texture file (texture, no material). I thought putting too much effort and big hi-ress skins makes no sense because you don't see them so often closely. Even the tri-count is low, it has a second LOD too.

I read the engine cut before the dive was a bug which was fixed later. I have no idea when it was fixed and because in all the films you see them stop, I made it stop too.

I don't have a launch rail or bunkers yet. It would surely be better with them. Later in the war Germans fired them from He-111 H-22 planes. So maybe you could make H-22 version of the Heinkel you have  wink_o.gif

I have one slight problem...The wing span is different in all the sources I have found. They range from 5.1 to 5.7m. It is now 5.7m.

yeah firing from the he-111 "blitz squadron" proved to costly to warrant continued use.

the bombers were very vulnerable to night fighter attack after firing as the rocket lite up the aircraft for several seconds on launch.

out of an unit of 10,000 V1's fired at England 1,176 were estimated to have been fired from the Heinkels.

most we're launched from the launch sites til the capture in the invasions.

the engine cutting out was due to the g force of the dive stopping the fuel from reaching the rocket motor.

this cut the engine.

this as you said was fixed.

and the majority hit whilst under full power.

but i think it's the "iconic symbol" of the V1 that it went silent before hitting the ground

if you want i can take a look at your skin when have time a make a new version for you?

not a problem if you want me too.

Send me a PM if your interested.

the wing span i seem to show up alot through looking is 5.3mts (17ft 3")