Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st Normandy mod -WW2

Just wondering did you already add officers and tank crews?

Those are missing from the original Vila's pack.

And the bigger ones Bazooka, PIAT and Panzerfaust.  Might just make those infantry AT weapons if they are still missing.

Vilas only contains infantry and no more sadly.

And the bigger ones Bazooka, PIAT and Panzerfaust.  Might just make those infantry AT weapons if they are still missing.

Vilas only contains infantry and no more sadly.

I actually have the ww2 vilas pack, which vilas gave to me. nener.gif To modify and redistribute with this mod after I am done modifying it.

Yes it does have weapons! It contains his updated weapons, plus sound modifications, uniform modifications, equipment. It's all pretty much changed with a few minor exceptions.

Black people  rarely fought directly on the frontline during WWII.Maybe you should remove the black faces so as to make the mod more realistic?  Sorry for my english.

I believe both the bazooka and Panzershrek is in Vilas ww2 pack.

PIAT is being worked on by Col.Faulkner for the British.

The only one that i can think of that's missing is the Panzerfaust

And the bigger ones Bazooka, PIAT and Panzerfaust. Might just make those infantry AT weapons if they are still missing.

Bazooka is already part of the mod. PIAT is in work. Panzerfaust is already in the mod.

Vilas infantry have been heavily modified. The original will not work with this mod.

There are some officers. The tank crews have not been added.

Wermacht encompasses heer. ( grey suit guys ) biggrin_o.gif

well i kinda ment in the warfare mission!

i definately think that black faces should be removed from the german army, but not from the US and UK armies, as black people did fight on front lines, normally in all black regiments (US only).

As for russia, i dont really know, but i am guessing that as its such a huge country some portion of it has a black population

i definately think that black faces should be removed from the german army, but not from the US and UK armies, as black people did fight on front lines, normally in all black regiments (US only).

As for russia, i dont really know, but i am guessing that as its such a huge country some portion of it has a black population

I know what your saying but your not exactly correct.:

Indian SS unit operating in France 1944

So dark skinned German troops could well have been seen in france at least.

Quote[/b] ]Still another unit, the Indian Legion was composed of Indian troops, mostly prisoners of war recruited by the Germans with help from a marginal Indian anti-colonial leader named Mohammed Shedai. The unit became a part of the political plans of another, more famous, Indian nationalist: Subhas Chandra Bose, who ousted Shedai from his position of favor with the German military authorities, and who wanted the Legion to participate in a German invasion of British India. After Bose left Germany for Japanese-controlled south-east Asia in 1943 to take charge of the Indian National Army (similar to the Indian Legion, but much larger), the Indian Legion was diverted from its original goal of fighting the British in India and absorbed into the German attempt to hold on to occupied Europe. Morale dropped sharply in consequence. The unit was deployed in France, where it earned a reputation for atrocities, although some individual members deserted to the French resistance. The Indian Legion disintegrated in the aftermath of D-Day.

Dodge ready to go:

b_dodge1.jpg

I know what your saying but your not exactly correct.:

Indian SS unit operating in France 1944

So dark skinned German troops could well have been seen in france at least.

Quote[/b] ]Still another unit, the Indian Legion was composed of Indian troops, mostly prisoners of war recruited by the Germans with help from a marginal Indian anti-colonial leader named Mohammed Shedai. The unit became a part of the political plans of another, more famous, Indian nationalist: Subhas Chandra Bose, who ousted Shedai from his position of favor with the German military authorities, and who wanted the Legion to participate in a German invasion of British India. After Bose left Germany for Japanese-controlled south-east Asia in 1943 to take charge of the Indian National Army (similar to the Indian Legion, but much larger), the Indian Legion was diverted from its original goal of fighting the British in India and absorbed into the German attempt to hold on to occupied Europe. Morale dropped sharply in consequence. The unit was deployed in France, where it earned a reputation for atrocities, although some individual members deserted to the French resistance. The Indian Legion disintegrated in the aftermath of D-Day.

Not a massive amount of blacks I am afraid in Russia. Even though the Soviet union had far more land (Central Asia, Ukraine etc) the bulk of their population was Either White, Tatar or Asian.

The Germans should defiantly not have Black soldiers though. The irony would be pain.

The original Vilas WW2 pack that I have shows no AT soldiers for U.S, U.K or Soviets in the editor.

No black faces for the Germans in Vilas pack. Only U.K and U.S troops have black faces. But it was only during 50's and 60's that blacks were tolerated enough so that mixed units of whites and blacks could exist (even in the Western nations).

Perhaps they should be separate groups entirely (so it is all white or all black) for WW2.

what weapons will be included? The vilas weapons or some new? i would be really happy to see a boys antitank rifle at the UK side

An updated version of Vilas WW2 weapons will be used in the mod,With more being added in the future.

As for the the boys anti-tank rifle,

It was rendered obsolete in 1943 when it's service history was ended,so wasn't used in the invasion.

It was becoming ineffective against the heavier armored tanks of the axis.

When the shorter barrel version for the airborne was issued in Tunisia it's performance was underwhelming,

A decreased range and still unsuccessful at penetrating the armor of the enemy tanks (Panzer III for example)

I'd expect you'll see it in early theaters when we get to them though.

Mainly Africa and Tunisia, but not in Normandy and the European campaigns I'm afraid.

they were replaced with the PIAT (projector,Infantry Anti-tank Spigot Launcher) which should be included in stage 2 *fingers crossed* biggrin_o.gif

Will we be able to capture towns in england or just in France?

-Yes you can capture towns all over England as well. There is a problem though which leads me to my big hint word I keep bringing up. There is this thing called The English Channel. The word still stands: "improvisation". Where there is a will, there is a way. notworthy.gif

Some new pictures of my work.

Almost all is from Ofp only some texture and model work to fit to Arma.

m162.jpg

m163.jpg

m164.jpg

Those are awesome pieces T roc! Check your MSN messenger!

Final one for now.

This one is stright from ofp Havent had time to add lightmaps or anything else.

sher.jpg

Yes!  Very nice!  Can't wait to get it all into ArmA.  I have soooo many phase 2 vehicles already lined up.  Phase 2 will be awesome!  

Back to work on phase 1.  biggrin_o.gif

UPDATE:

-M26 Pershing tank in work. Textures in hand. Should be done by Sunday.

-Jeep in work. Textures in hand. Should also be done by Sunday.

-M101 Howitzer in work. Just started. It shouldn't be long.

All that's left after that is:

-Gliders! German and Allied versions

-ww2warfare vehicle data entry (weapons and inf is done)

-final additions to splash screens

Then she's released for beta.

Nice screenshots smile_o.gif You got any German halftracks? 251 of the OFP is out of scale - way too big. Panzergrenadiers without 250 and 251 variants - well... motorised.

Very impressive tanks especially the Sherman and White M3 Halftrack? I hope you also spend some time later reskinning the Halftrack, it being one of my most favorite vehicles of WW2! I also recommend someone do a Ford GPA, Chevy ½-Ton and M3/M5 Stuart Tank, M8/M20 armored car, and others.

Oddball

Very impressive tanks especially the Sherman and White M3 Halftrack? I hope you also spend some time later reskinning the Halftrack, it being one of my most favorite vehicles of WW2! I also recommend someone do a Ford GPA, Chevy ½-Ton and M3/M5 Stuart Tank, M8/M20 armored car, and others.

Oddball

Make your Holiday list out now! wink_o.gif

Wow this mod is getting bigger and bigger. Really nice work, and big thanks for your effort to all people involved.

@Rip

Will the M3 halftrack with those 4 .50 cals be able to fire quite some round to a target... or will it be the same as in ofp. 4 guns but one fireing barrel. If so it would be nice if the dispersion was high so it kinda looked like more guns. Oh and will tracers be added?

I hope u understand me... Cause my english aint the best.

Keep on rolling :P