Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st Normandy mod -WW2

P51 sneak peak WIP. Phase 2 equipment.

p51sneakpeek.jpg

Others in phase 2 include a fw190, stuka and p47.

how many planes there are gonna be for each side? (yankees, brits, germans, ect.)

That is a good question that I can answer later on down the road.  Right now I'm not sure.  I would have to say a lot.  biggrin_o.gif

Here's the He-111 ready to go now for the beta.  One less hurdle on my short list.

he111_x1.jpg

I will let you know how many planes sometime soon Tom.  Take into account various theaters and there could end up being many aircraft.

The Beta unfortunately won't be ready for testing on Oct. 15th.  It was a steep goal.  I have to be honest and say that I wish it was ready, but it's not.  

Thinking aloud...

-Some config errors to patch up ( nobody wants config errors appearing on their screen come game time ) DONE

-Not all first phase vehicles are ready to go yet.

-Lancaster ready for the Allied side, But HE-111 not.DONE

-Bofors 40mm ready, but flak 38 not ready to go in for axis.DONE

-Axis have Tigers, Pershing not ready for Allies.iN WORK

-Allies have a sherman, but need a firefly to help balance things out.

-Warfare mission is ported to the Normandy theater, but lots of tweaks are still needed to get the equipment and sides right.IN WORK - ATLEAST ONE MORE WEEK ON THIS ITEM

-Trucks, trucks, trucks...in warfare you need a repair, ammo and refuel truck.  I've got to configure some opels and some allied trucks for those functions. IN WORK

-Some crew served weapons need to be added that I have sitting around. ( may or may not make first phase)DONE

-A couple non-moveable static weapons need to be made mobile.

-A couple helmet texture and uniform textures need fixing.

-The transistion from arma default crews on the vehicle configs to the more or less appropriate ww2 crews is continuing.DONE

-The ever so deadly flak 36 aka "the 88" isn't ready.IN WORK

-The howitzer on the allied side isn't ready either.IN WORK

Hi can you add WIP pics of US,British,Canadian, and German troops?

There has been WIP pics of US,UK,GER troops throughout this thread.  Just have to go back through it.

Just a little update:

-The ww2warfare mission is about halfway complete in respects to the map. 50% of the towns have been added. That's a total of 6 hours into it. Lot's of towns! There are nearly 50 starting positions on one side of the English channel alone. I think I've got 5 airfields so far.

Just a little update:

-The ww2warfare mission is about halfway complete in respects to the map.  50% of the towns have been added.  That's a total of 6 hours into it.  Lot's of towns!  There are nearly 50 starting positions on one side of the English channel alone.  I think I've got 5 airfields so far.

Looking forward to that! xmas_o.gif

Will trenches be included in the beta release? I'm wondering if the trenches have been ignored since you put so much time in making planes and vehicles.

the only trenches able to be added would be something like a static object above the ground.

but with AI not shooting from it and into it it could be very dodgy.

i'll have to talk to a few people and see if we can come up with something

got to say.

i'm really happy with the way the He-111 turned out smile_o.gif

Trenches- Yes...thought about them...Yes want them. I don't know when I can get to them. Not in the first phase anyway. Someone metioned a while back bout putting in positions in the trenches so AI could fire from them. Everything is experimental at this point in that regards.

Weather is also another thing to think about. I can probably get rain. I don't know about snow. Probably could make it if I tried. We've thought about making winter maps. I think the eastern front map will probably be a winter map unless popular demand objects.

Also though about changing the sky,fog and cloud textures to something a little more ominous. Give it that haze of war feeling. Something to think about.

i know linker split had trenches that worked with the AI firing from inside and at people that we're in there.

the way i was thinking is perhaps like a complex.

a system of trenches that covers a large (not huge) area.

this could be used for field command or artillery/anti air positions (think Brecourt manor)

so it slopes gently up from the terrain but blends in to the island

think it would be worth a try in the fixed position large trench systems.

The trenches should be smaller versions that about 4 AI ( like in a set position like a gunner or cargo) can fit in alongside each other. like in Company of Heroes Opposing fronts. the british can build trenches. But the question would be is how to make the AI be able to fire the weapons that they are carrying in the trench?

WIP piccie for the "Stuggie". I haven't found the reason why the gunner optics do not follow the gun yet (but the gun follows the mouse though).  confused_o.gif

stugIII_1.jpg

Mesh not finished. Need to add MG and shield on top, some stuff on the front and sides as well as animate the hatches. The armor plates on sides, 'saukopf' gunshield and the Sturmhaubitse version I thought to make optional versions, but that would make total 8 sub versions.

BTW: Does anybody know how to kill the stabilizers from a turret.

What do you mean with that?

What do you mean with that?

Sorry, bit badly said. When AI player is in a certain turret it keeps its heading and elevation when the tank moves/turns. The commander's cupola/turret is a turret right now and it keeps its heading when the tank turns...looks somewhat stupid when it is not tracking anything particular confused_o.gif

Hi everyone I am new to this one.

I have done some modding for ofp but as it starting to get a bit old i want to broaden my self a bit.

My latest work and first for arma.

Still very early.

m16.jpg

m161.jpg

all i can say is beautiful,

can't wait to be firing those big .50 cals at foolish low flying aircraft yay.gif

That's very nice T_Roc.

By the way, I was and still am a fan of your ofp armour packs. Is there any chance of you converting them for use in ArmA?

smile_o.gif

Very nice Troc & Aqu. Both of those will make nice additions to the mod.

Thanks!

-Update for Sunday 10/19

Working on the ww2warfare mission. The map portion of the mission creation is complete. Moving onto the replacement of regular units with ww2 units. Lots of stuff to do in that respect.

yeah, that AA truck looks great, just a little flat looking. and the stug is perfect so far.

Looking nice smile_o.gif good work. Do not forget about the quality models.Below the screens StugIV for incentives, that you remember about this ...

In 02 ...

5ce51af520d2ed91med.jpg

Full size

In game

a9cabd9e7c4d1887med.jpg

Full szie

6de409c508629ac7med.jpg

Full size

addons -  Stug IV with Shurtzen ( non public, made as an exercise )

That's very nice T_Roc.

By the way, I was and still am a fan of your ofp armour packs. Is there any chance of you converting them for use in ArmA?

smile_o.gif

T_Roc has agreed to help with the mod in respects to donating his models from OFP and helping in the conversion process.

Also he stated that if he has time he said that he might make some new models,

but he has such a huge collection of models for OFP that i think they will keep everyone busy on the conversion process for a long while.

hopefully we'll suceed in getting T_Rocs and everyone else's models that have been kind enough to offer them back into battle for arma an offer then a extended lease of life.

That is very good news, T_Roc's work is amongst the best in OFP.