Sign in to follow this  
bigstone

Royal Marine Commandos

Hello everyone with the permission of STALKERGB I introduce to you some screenshots of the Royal Marines Commando. These guys are based on th early years of Operation Herrick British name for the American named Operation Enduring Freedom. When I say early years I mean British ops such as Operation Jacana and Operation Ptarmigan. Sorry the units are unreleased at the moment (not for long though). Enjoy biggrin_o.gif

http://img108.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vbs22008080720385031hz5.png

http://img382.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vbs22008080720370753le7.png

http://img515.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vbs22008080720371585iv2.png

Alright! I know of these ops you guys did up in them peaks. Spring 2002 by the 45 Commando BRT, if I recall correctly.

I look forward to checking out some "virtual" battles through their hands. Brits are some bad mutha's, a bunck of pranksters as well. whistle.gif  wink_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for the news.

No problem thank you for your interest. Believe me we do not tease we will release soon.

No problem thank you for your interest. Believe me we do not tease we will release soon. pistols.gif

Man keep it real!!!

Was there an operational reason for the mix of DPM and

dessies (or was it just that H.M. Govt hadn't enough desert

kit to go around)?

I think it was a mixture of that and the fact that it was both arid and wooded, as well as cold at times. It also helps to break up your shape. Looks cool though :P

I'd say bootneckofficer is right on. The regions which these operations were conducted goes well with a mixture. Primarily mountainous and arid much of the place be.

Now rolling up from kuwait via the highway to peace during the

early part of the Iraq conflict in BDU NBC suits was all due to the brilliant logistics of the Pentagon.  whistle.gif  pistols.gif

Was there an operational reason for the mix of DPM and

dessies (or was it just that H.M. Govt hadn't enough desert

kit to go around)?

It was a common thing in the early part of the afghan conflict, you can still find some troops doing it today as alot of the fighting happens in the greenzones in Helmand.  smile_o.gif Not to mention it got very cold in Afghanistan, the desert CS95 jackets at the time must not of cut it.

Looking great bigstone.  The helmet webbing is a bit bright.  It needs to be a bit darker imo.  Other than that, looks great.  smile_o.gif

Thanks for the replies guys I will give feedback to STALKERGB.

They are looking very nice ATM, how many different load outs will there be, What map is that??? I also have VBS2 It is not one i have?

They are looking very nice ATM, how many different load outs will there be, What map is that??? I also have VBS2 It is not one i have?

I sent you a pm. smile_o.gif

Nice texture work so far, are their any plans to edit the body armour and webbing to make it look more prototypical? smile_o.gif

Nice texture work so far, are their any plans to edit the body armour and webbing to make it look more prototypical? smile_o.gif

I don't think so at the moment. He makes the troops. I just test them. Believe me they are awesome. You have 17 different types of RMC's. So far they seem to be FPS friendly for my rig. 100 vs 100 and it still ran smooth.

biggrin_o.gif :

Nice one!

Got me creative and did a little screenie of them disembarking from a helo. biggrin_o.gif

Landing.jpg

early years British troops, maybe you have time to do 1985 troops of UK huh.gif

would be fine to have also less modern units smile_o.gif

all addonmakers make modern troops, so when you said about "early" i am asking, maybe even earlier ? smile_o.gif

early years British troops, maybe you have time to do 1985 troops of UK huh.gif

would be fine to have also less modern units smile_o.gif

all addonmakers make modern troops, so when you said about "early" i am asking, maybe even earlier ? smile_o.gif

Well if you can provide reference pics of British troops from the 80's era. I am sure he can make them. smile_o.gif At the moment he is making USMC Vietnam era troops. They are going to look like the USMC troops of the 1968 Battle for Hue. If you seen the movie "Full Metal Jacket", well thats what they are going to look like. Also he has re done the British Army 4 Rifles. One set in all desert dpm and another set in all green dpm. They should be posted at armedassault info.

You can find them here:

http://forum.armedassault.info/index.p....ry50324

post#33=British Army Infantry

post#34=Royal Marines Commando

British infantry and weapons from 1985 are already in progress elsewhere. Search for "Spearhead".

The "Battle of Hue" Marines sound interesting.