Sign in to follow this  
Dark_vityaz

Crowded cities in Arma

Just I wonder.What do u think about arma's cities? Frankly speaking when I see the tanks shooting at the city I want to say : "I dont believe you!".All that cities are completely empty.Yeah u can add some people but all in all.Don't you think it would be better to make not big island,but crowded to feel that smb live in such cities and villages?

Civilian response to combat is a bit strange, isn't a bad idea.

You'd need a few scripts, but if you asked for a map with civilians in it, you can't, the editor has to add them in the missions.

Smart civilian behaviour would be to make sure they get as far away from any city thatis gonna be under fire from tanks.

Script it so there are say, 4 civs to a building and they go about daily business of hanging around, walking to shops etc. And if there is some military action, they would run back home, get in their car with their family (all made up of men?) and drive out of town in the opposite direction. Can imagine it would be pretty laggy having so many tho. Don't imagine it would be visually effective in arma either.

I can image Jack Thompson pulling it off the shelfs as a genocide simulator though tounge2.gif

I've always wanted realistic civilian behaviour, since theres these new big houses that we get in ArmA and not seeing a single civilian in an entire mission is a little bit odd I reckon. Well at the end of the day it is down to the mission designer and I wouldn't want civilian 'pre-placed' on the map.

And I've always wanted small and really detailed islands with a realistic town/city and not just like 20 buildings per town, I've never been wowed by all this 20km square sized islands.