Sign in to follow this  
Deathstruck

Trailer - Max Payne the Movie

mpstill06kq1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UI2UDKd9WI

Anybody saw the trailer ?

Movies based on the games are usually fuc*ed up, but this one doesn't look that bad smile_o.gif

To sceptical peoples: Those "Fallen Angels" are surely an result of the "Valkyr" drug. (you played the game, right ? You didn't skip the cutscenes right ?)

I don think Mark Wahlberg is the right "Max Payne". They should have chosen a "darker-more-badass" actor.

Actually Mark fits very well, don't forget that in the first MP, Max was still that "happy pal" smile_o.gif

(It's not hitman movie by the way biggrin_o.gif )

Pity they didn't just abduct the guy (one of the game devs?) who was the Max Payne in the first game, IMHO, and give him a shload of acting lessons.

The flying things are getting a bit far, but I can make sense of it if I squint. I wonder if Vlad or Vinnie will show.

The flying things are getting a bit far

"To sceptical peoples: Those "Fallen Angles" are surely an result of the "Valkyr" drug. (you played the game, right ? You didn't skip the cutscenes right ?)"

...I don't remember fighting, seeing or even hearing an oblique reference to anything with wings in the games either (fallen angels - I took this as a reference to what Max had become during his descent into darkness, not flying dudes), and no, I didn't skip the cutscenes. But it's a moot point.

...I don't remember fighting, seeing or even hearing an oblique reference to anything with wings in the games either (fallen angels - I took this as a reference to what Max had become during his descent into darkness, not flying dudes), and no, I didn't skip the cutscenes. But it's a moot point.

It can be a drugged dream sequence. (At least that's what i thought it was, and i think Lepardi ment the same)

The 'follow the blood trail in the darkness' missions in the game would be weird to put in a film IMO, and i didn't really like them in the game either. crazy_o.gif

It was indeed. But anyway, it's a moot point. I'm glad they're making something for it anyway; the games were great.

The guy Wahlberg is truly the wrong guy for that...

Another hollywood-scum-movie i will definitely not watch.... rofl.gif

The guy Wahlberg is truly the wrong guy for that...

It's not that bad when you think about it.

I'm actually quite pleased they didn't go for any Van Dam and alike style actor...;)

Marky isn't a bad actor at all; he has starred in some quality films (The Yards, We Own the Night, The Departed, Three Kings) alongside big names (Joaquin Phoenix, Jack Nicholson, George Clooney, Matt Damon) and did a pretty good job of it. I also enjoyed his performance in Shooter.

It seems we get to look forward to some nice, over-the-top action flicks the next few months. Max Payne, The Punisher 2... Hours of guilty pleasure smile_o.gif

Anybody happen to have link for wmv/avi download of this trailer?

To be honest, Marky Mark's the best casting decision they seem to have made on the movie: Mila "That '70s Show" Kunis is playing Mona Sax and Ludacris is playing Jim Bravura (who was a fat, bald white bloke in the games).

The trailer looks okay: It has the right noir feel to it and the flying angel things work fine if they're meant to be part part of Max's drug trips. The game had a number of references to angels and the occult was a significant aspect of the parts of the game that introduced Jack Lupino.

The guy directing it did 'Behind Enemy Lines' so he knows how to do over-the-top action sequences, and the overall cinematography of that movie was pretty good. His use of actors isn't the best though (framing them or getting decent performances) so with a less than stellar cast, things might not be be good. On the other hand, the bloke who wrote the screenplay has an impressive résumé of TV shows; so the quality of writing may give the actors a better shot.

I hope it's at least decent; I enjoyed the Max Payne games immensely and they're where I started out modding.

I would rather have MP3, a lenghty one with MP ofcourse... but yeah the trailer looks fine.

Guest Ti0n3r

Oh my, WEAK.

Mark Wahlberg, I think, on paper, looks like a natural choice for Max Payne. Apparently, Wahlberg used to be a ne'erdowell- he's been to jail for violent crimes. So what you have is a gritty man playing a gritty character, and as an actor he's satisfactory. Performing Max Payne as a character shouldn't take Shakespearean acting muscle, and Wahlberg should be able to play a tough guy, so Wahlberg seems like a good choice. Max Payne's primary identifying characteristic, though, isn't his clothes, his guns, or his attitude... it's his voice. Max Payne is constantly waxing philosophical, recalling the events that you're playing through, in some of the best dialogue I've heard in a video game. Hearing Mark Wahlberg's voice crack under the pressure of trying to achieve those thick, noir tones was disappointing. I sure hope he lets that go and tries to achieve a similar tone through acting rather than punishing his voicebox. I don't think I would like to listen to him gravel and squeek for two hours.

Apparently none of you have seen Wahlberg in Four Brothers or there would be no discussion of whether he could adequately play Max Payne or not. I will definitely see this when it comes out.

Oh dear... Four Brothers.

I agree on the voice issue btw. He just doesn't have that cliched gritty gurgle smile_o.gif

(It's not hitman movie by the way  biggrin_o.gif )

Speaking of whitch...just kidding, I'm not going to spoil this topic about Max Payne the Movie with comments about the guy who was hitman in the hitman movie. Comments such as, he wasn't bad, but he sucked anyway, and Sthatham would be 100000000000k times better. I won't.

I just hope Max Payne will be a "decent movie", and we'll se more decent movies based on games in the future...and that Uwe Boll will die soon.

Pity they didn't just abduct the guy (one of the game devs?) who was the Max Payne in the first game, IMHO, and give him a shload of acting lessons.

You mean the guy who constantly looked like he had just been kicked in the balls? tounge2.gif (There was even a reference to this in the second game - one of the TV shows was a parody of the first Max Payne game. At some point or another, the character says something to the effect of "I walked abound with a constipated grimmace on my face"). At any rate, aside from the weird flying people scenes, it looks pretty good.

Bit offtopic but the face in MP1 was one of the Devs imho.

Correct. It was Sam Lake, the guy who wrote the story.

This should be interesting, trailer looks very good the game was awesome so this is a definate must see for me

I dont like the Demonic flying creatures pulling people out of buildings in the trailer. Seriously, wtf?

Even if Uwe Boll isnt involved, this seems to be yet another failure. Why oh fucking why did they have to put in flying demonic angels of some sort? Cant they ever sort their shit out and stay true to story?

Seriously, if you think a story needs that much modification to be good and interesting, then dont base your movie on it, but write a stand-alone story of your own instead of ripping great names like Max Payne!