Sign in to follow this  
Frag Haus Capt Morgan

Bis didn't drop the ball we did

Okay if anyone read the multiplayer section

A lone wolf took twelve hours to hack the new config bin.

Also this issue with oxygen is a mute point.

This game has a tiight little community and yes we all talk.

We fight and give each other bloody noses. This is what happens in a gameing community this small.

Lets face Facts.

One bis is busy working on a military version. Too truly focus on the game one.

Not even with cheating simple issues such as grenades explodeing on impact. Instead of a three to five second delay or bouncing off of walls. Indestructable satchel charges or charges that can not be disabled

just two for an example.

The cheating and hacked config bins are also mute. This game is quickly spiraling into CS. With no true counter measures in sight.

No I do not blame A lone wolf who hacked the config bin for 1.45 in 12 hours to make addons. but he did it anyway.

No I do not blame people like kegetys who want to just make addons and models then scream copywrite infringements on the ones he makes. Or want to bitch at how his addons are being used.

I blame the community as a whole for not being more united.

Why guys Like 5thsfgDrak, Rage Frost, Angry Radish, and others are trying to keep things in check and getting frustrated doing this on the dedicated servers. By controling the cheating and informing others of their behavior. The rest of the community has just sat idlely by and watches as another great game is destroyed.

This will also Leave a bad taste in alot of peoples mouths. Instead of a game matureing and go further with the potential it truelly has. This Game is truely down spiraling.

Also people in the communtiy are either starting to move on to other games or refuse to purchase anything further from bis. Due to the simple fact that the game has gone a rye.

I look to the people in this community with our attitudes what can we do about it. It is bis's Problem is it not.

NO IT IS NOT BIS'S PROBLEM IT IS OURS.

Well Here it is bis.

Anyone remeber Janes. The makers of all those great flight sims. Although the company is still in business. They also went the route of military flight sim contracts. As far as the gameing industry they where done. Well Just rember this. when you no longer have your military contract because some other company comes out with a better simulator then yours and you turn back to your grass roots gameing. Will the gamers that so enjoyed your game still be there. Or will we have slipped Quietly into the night.

As you may slip Quietly into gameing past such as atari and other companies who could not and refused to keep keep up with the at home gameing industry.

In the PC gameing industry in its fly by night love you or leave you temperment. Does bis truely feel that the continued half ass fixes that you have made to this game will keep your head above water in it.

I wish no bad ill on bis. I personally hope they see the writeing on the walls or in the foroums. On a community not only displease but starting at each others throats. A comunity slowly but cracking at the seems.

So in my final statement. Some of you may not see this game going the way of dinosuars now but it will. Maybe not right away. But the slippery slope has started. Unfortunately has begun. When you get knocked off the top the slide is slow at first and then grows faster until you hit bottom.

I see it comeing does anyone else. Or maybe I am just Naive. I hope I that I am. The gameing community should worry more about the immediate needed fixes. Then the the release of oxygen and other things that will definetly help us in the bulding of new maps and mods in the future. But still when Bis is gone leaving us holding a bag of crap with no true fix insight, who are we going to blame then. The abandonment of this game will be the gamers only option who are the true back bone of the game. The people who just want to play the game and have fun.

Not the kegetys who make addons and mods for this game. then want to complain copywrite infringements on things that all he did was to change the color on. That they have no real copywrite too. These are other issues but petty ones also.

So I leave it up to the community to bombared Bis with emails and tell them how you truely feel. To tell them they have stop putting out half thought out fixes. Lock the game down. Or Find some way of makeing it that so atleast the server side of the game has counter measures for detecting these blunders and at least pointing them out to us better then you are doing. Or to atleast get people like A lone Wolf and wkk gimbal on board to help find these holes in the game and solutions to them before takeing any further steps forward or should I say backward.

There isnt a problem with the grenades, when using them corectly they should be timed so they go off striaght away to aviode them being picked up and thrown back.

Also satchel charges are perfectly safe until they are armed

no, Im not in the armed forces but I know what Im talking about smile.gif

When trowing a grenade you should hold it for a few seconds before you throw it so that its not sitting in a trench for 5 seconds before it goes bang.

Satchel charges probably have that putty stuff in them(forget the name) and it is only dangerous when a they have a detonator in them and that is the only thing that can set them off (unless they are tampered with)

thats a lot of big sound byte rambling that means virtualy nothing to me.

happily i have encountered more or less no cheating on OFP so far....

although i agree , the community should be more united.

tell us your great plan to make things better then

(cos i dont see it there smile.gif )

What is your point about BIS?

they have a bug where helicopters cant land properly and so OFP is DOOMED?

cos apart from that one bug im very happy with the new patch

(more destroyable scenery, tanks arent affected by rifles etc.)

well as soon as i can get Satchels sound addon working again

smile.gif

i just dont get it,

i came back from multiplayer a few minutes ago

THIS GAME RULES.

Um No it doesn't

any one who has been in combat knows what I am talking about with grenades or at least been in the military. There is only a three to five second delay on grenades. this is not the movies.

The putty stuff is called c4 or pyrex and trust me you hit it with something hot enough it goes boom. also if you set one off next to on just sitting there it goes boom too.

As for what I am Trying to say is we need to get them to fix the problems. Before we go spending money on expansions and ofp two.  When they have yet to fix the problems that exist now.

heres my view on the situation

one you're stupid

I do not blame you for being stupid, but you did it anyway.

I do not blame you for making this stupid post, but you did it anyway.

What was your point in posting this post?  Its just plain stupid.  Don't do it again.  We dont need this kind of negativity in the forums and in the community, if u have a problem, try telling someone who cares.

late

edit - i agree with u on the satchel thing

So you think BIS should introduce timers on grenades? pointless, how much difference would it make.

Also Ive never played flashpoint on line but I would imagine it is possible to pick up the enemies satchel charges wink.gif

heres my view on the topic you started as well

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

one you're stupid

I do not blame you for being stupid, but you did it anyway.

I do not blame you for making this stupid post, but you did it anyway.

What was your point in posting this post? Its just plain stupid. Don't do it again. We dont need this kind of negativity in the forums and in the community, if u have a problem, try telling someone who cares.

<span id='postcolor'>

Please,, you "Frag Haus" people... If I see one more of these types of topics, it will get closed. You have already posted enough of them, and they all contain the same thing.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Brentk @ Mar. 03 2002,00:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We dont need this kind of negativity in the forums and in the community, if u have a problem, try telling someone who cares.<span id='postcolor'>

We also don't need people calling each other stupid because they disagree with them, if you can't have a discussion without resorting to petty name calling then don't converse at all.

But, I bet you havent read it all tounge.gif

It says total crap like flashpoint is doomed and the community is falling apart.

Take a look at the last few lines, I dont thnik anyone should encourge people to hassle BIS</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> So I leave it up to the community to bombared Bis with emails and tell them how you truely feel. To tell them they have stop putting out half thought out fixes. Lock the game down. Or Find some way of makeing it that so atleast the server side of the game has counter measures for detecting these blunders and at least pointing them out to us better then you are doing. Or to atleast get people like A lone Wolf and wkk gimbal on board to help find these holes in the game and solutions to them before takeing any further steps forward or should I say backward.<span id='postcolor'>

confused.gif lock it confused.gif

Please read the following quote from Marek:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">) The tools are result of many years of our work and the tools have very high value<span id='postcolor'>

Oxygen and the other tools were written by BIS. If these tools can make a game like OFP, then it surely can make other games like OFP as well. Do you even realise the business risk they are taking with the release of their tools? Not only that, but they are releasing the tools for FREE!!! Now, excuse me, if I was a games programmer (which I might well be in a few years) and I wrote some programs that allowed me to assemble the most complete game ever, I would NEVER give them away for free!! BIS has my TOTAL respect for being so dedicated to this community by allowing it to use THEIR tools for which they have worked their arses off the last few years! Every one of you who called them names should be ashamed of yourself! You should feel very very LUCKY that they are willing to do what they are going to do! You can be sure that I would NEVER give such a genious program away for FREE, no matter what the community was like! You have no idea just how lucky we all are, and how good Marek and the whole of BIS are! They are still humans in a shark-industry! You little 15 yr old script kiddies that think the world owes you a living...I hope you will grow up one day and realise what it is like to struggle to make ends meet...and what acts of generiousity like BIS's actually mean in a world like this one today!

Everyone claims the OFP community is amazing...........well, after seeing the angry remarks after the Oxygen announcement...I feel ashamed of being in the OFP community. Have a little respect for some ppl's life work mad.gif

I understand fruhstration that FragHouse is having regarding cheaters. But venting your anger in this manner is also not a good way. as long as there are dev. team, there will be crackers/hackers. sad.gif

BIS is working hard to fix problems, so wait a while, and they will come up with solution. The config edit mesage included in this 1.45 patch is only the beginning.

Ralph I understand that and Yes I got good news from bis today.

I also would like to say snake1999 chill. I did not see my fellow fraghaus boys had post on the same issue.

And for placebo thank you. It is good to see a moderator that takes charge and tells people to watch calling people names.

Also the rest of you guys guess what.  Bis does listen if you voice your problems and complaints. And you should not take something that someone posted as anger. Sometimes it is simplely well thought out and is just a post.

Also if you read the post carefully and then think about it instead of just posting.  You might actually grasp the posts message istead of calling people stupid.

hand grenades that explode on contact is unrealsitic.. PERIOD..

there ARE gound impact grenades, but they are special purpose..

and why should the be fused?

try throwing one into a window to kill a soldier in the house.. try rolling one down a cliff to kill an enemy down there..

the explode on impact frags ins one of the most glaring unrealsitic aspects of the game.

I get into hand grenade range of an enemy in about 1 out of every 100 missions I play so I really couldn't care less about the hand grenade simulation. They are a very very small part of the game and personally as soon as I can replace my grenades with magazines I do so.

I 100% agree with Ex-RoNiN. His points are very very important to remember and I'm tempted to repost his paragraph and pin it to the top of this forum so hopefully more kiddies will read it and understand how generous BIS are being.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ Mar. 03 2002,08:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hand grenades that explode on contact is unrealsitic.. PERIOD..

there ARE gound impact grenades, but they are special purpose..

and why should the be fused?

try throwing one into a window to kill a soldier in the house..  try rolling one down a cliff to kill an enemy down there..

the explode on impact frags ins one of the most glaring unrealsitic aspects of the game.<span id='postcolor'>

Then its cool that therent really any glass in ofp. Actually i think its only Gubas house which has glass in the windows?

Btw. I thought BIS was to re-write the tools so you could only use them to import models etc. Instead of making an entire engine with them?

I agree that the grenades should have been enhanced, but am not whining over it. To kill enemies inside a house, simply throw a couple grenades at the nearest walls, if you know what room he is in, then it will kill him most of the times.

I have killed enemy soldiers who first spotted me then threw themselves to the ground just 10-15m away from me over a top so that I couldn´t see them. And I was almost out of ammo as well!! So I used 1 or 2 grenades and killed them both, survived the missions thanks to the grenades. Just a reminder wink.gif I have killed lots of enemies using hand grenades. When you are out of ammo, those are the most precious things in the world. By using them correctly, you can cause serious damage on enemy property.

Hidden

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (madmike @ Mar. 02 2002,23:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There isnt a problem with the grenades, when using them corectly they should be timed so they go off striaght away to aviode them being picked up and thrown back.

Also satchel charges are perfectly safe until they are armed<span id='postcolor'>

Satchels are safe until detonated, but CAN be destroyed by concentrated fire. Think about it.

Also, yes, grenades when used properly can be timed so that they explode almost on impact, but it would be nice to have the option of bpouncing grenades around corners etc.

I think you missed the main point of the original post though.... tounge.gif

Sounds like someone has a Kegetys complex.

@BrentK......rotflmao

I must admit...I read the initial post....and I think my reply can be accurately summed up with:

stopposting.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Mar. 02 2002,21:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oxygen and the other tools were written by BIS. If these tools can make a game like OFP, then it surely can make other games like OFP as well. Do you even realise the business risk they are taking with the release of their tools? Not only that, but they are releasing the tools for FREE!!! Now, excuse me, if I was a games programmer (which I might well be in a few years) and I wrote some programs that allowed me to assemble the most complete game ever, I would NEVER give them away for free!! BIS has my TOTAL respect for being so dedicated to this community by allowing it to use THEIR tools for which they have worked their arses off the last few years! Every one of you who called them names should be ashamed of yourself! You should feel very very LUCKY that they are willing to do what they are going to do! You can be sure that I would NEVER give such a genious program away for FREE, no matter what the community was like! You have no idea just how lucky we all are, and how good Marek and the whole of BIS are! They are still humans in a shark-industry! You little 15 yr old script kiddies that think the world owes you a living...I hope you will grow up one day and realise what it is like to struggle to make ends meet...and what acts of generiousity like BIS's actually mean in a world like this one today!

Everyone claims the OFP community is amazing...........well, after seeing the angry remarks after the Oxygen announcement...I feel ashamed of being in the OFP community. Have a little respect for some ppl's life work  mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I believe that Ex-Ronin speaks volumes...indeed Oxygen is BIS's bread and butter, their meal ticket.  I admit that modeling objects and terrians for OFP would be quite cool, however, it could mean the total degeneration of the OFP community.

Ex-Ronin is 110% right in his comment, giving away these tools for free would be an act of business idiocy on a massive scale.

All I want to know is, wheres the peace pipe, people? I think this thread needs to toke up, eat some twinkies, and fall asleep for 6 hours, agreed? Maybe the community does need to stick together a bit better. So post how you think it could be better. Unconstructive criticism does noone any good. However, I dont think anyone should not be allowed to post things of a negative nature. Noone ever said this board had to be a BIS love fest. Saying we shouldnt talk about the problems with the OFP community is like saying we shouldnt talk about the elephant in the corner of the living room, in the hope that noone will notice. So, to wrap up: if you think somethings wrong, tell people about it, but also tell them how you could make it better. If you want to censor people, move to Cuba or Fraghaus Forums (lol, Im sorry, just kidding, couldnt resist tounge.gif ). But you should never, EVER, assume that you DESERVE something.

Thinking you are entitled to something you are not in fact entitled to is a big maistake to make. I wont lie, I was a little tweaked when BIS said they wouldnt just post their tools for any dumbass to use. But then I thought about it, and looked at some of the posts that people were making just because they were mad, and I figured it out. I wouldnt want to do ANYTHING for these ingrateful jerks, and here BIS is, politely putting up with our crap, and steadily making patches, working on addons, and looking over mods to make sure they are up to the standards that they set for OFP (which we all have agreed is bad-ass). So whats the weakest link in this picture? is it the developer, or the community? Its us, folks.

(this is the part where I practice what I preach)

So what are we going to do about it?

First, I think we should all give more support to fan sites like OFPEditing center, Axleonline, OperationFlashpoint.cz, and many others. If you find out that they are a bit strapped for cash, be a pal and send em a few bucks to cover their web hosting bills.

Second: Stop cheaters where they live. if a site has a trainer or a hack available for download, boycott it. Dont go to it, and tell all your friends not to go to it. post on forums about the website, and organize larger boycotts. Find out who runs the sites, and see if you can ostracize them from the OFP Community as a whole. which brings me to my next idea.

Third: Form a confederation of major and minor dedicated servers, get to know everyone, maybe open your large bandwidth doors to some OFP tourneys, standardise your maps and addons so as to weed out inferior custom products, and share your lists of cheaters, so that other ded servers can see them coming. If we can bring the places that people play closer together, we can bring the people who play closer together.

Fourth: Give BIS a little credit. Even if you hate their guts, in the next death threat you send them, just post something you like about OFP, and you would like to see more of. Even if the rest of your letter is crazed gibberish, BIS will see that in that one part a reason to keep dealing with us lunatics.

Fifth: Mod responsibly. The people out there that have the skills and wherewithal necessary to mod OFP (and you know who you are) should realise that their actions could have serious consequences for other players. Even if you hack the config.bin with pure intentions, realise that someone out there can use all the hard work you have done to make cheats that will ruin the game for standard Joe-Gamer. We appreciate the work you do, but just remember you hold multplayer OFP games in your hands.

I cant think of anything else right now, but if I do, Ill post those too. Also, anyone else from our COMMUNITY that wants to add to this, feel free to do so.

Just a comment on an earlier thing.

I have throw 1 "live" handgrenade in my life. IF!!! I had waited a couple of seconds I hadn't been able to write this message biggrin.gif My fingers and probobly myself would be scatterd all over the woods in Villingsberg, Sweden.