Sign in to follow this  
strango

Capture & Hold Mission Template

Current Version 0.75

Do you like the Capture and Hold Gameplay, but don't like the arcade / BF2 style of other C&H mission types for ArmA?

Here's a brand new template that caters to the crowd looking a more realistic pace and flow. This template allows new missions to be made as simple as possible with lots of room for variety and configuration by the creator.

Features:

* Wave Based Respawn - When players die they will respawn to an isolated area outside of the AO where they must await the respawn wave countdown. At this time all dead players will be respawned. The advantage to this is that you respawn with your teammates and are able to leave based as a group and with proper teamwork will have a greater impact upon re-entering the objective areas.

* Selectable Number of Objectives - The number of objectives to be fought over is selectable by the server admin while at the lobby screen. This is helpful to make your mission scalable based on the number of players on the server. Only have a handful of guys? Select 1 Flag. If the server is full select 3 Flags.

* Persistent Presence Based Capture System - Unlike other C&H mission types in order to maintain control over an objective area you must have a majority control of the that objective area. If your team leaves the objective area you will lose control of that objective. This keeps down the "Whack-A-Mole" style of play you see in other C&H's where everyone assaults and no one defends and while you are taking the objective they just took they are taking the objective you last took. You end up with less fighting and more running around. Due to the lower number of objectives (Maximum of 3) and a severe incentive to defend an objective fire fights will be more common and of greater intensity.

* Forced Weapon Loadouts Based on Player Class - Tired of having every player choose any type of kit they wish with versatile load-outs to make them 1-Man armies? The template works best when no ammo crates are placed in the mission. Upon respawn a player will be given a custom weapon load-out selected by the mission creator based on the Type of slot they picked on the lobby screen. By default some slots are assistant based and will carry extra ammo for specialty slots like Anti-Armor soldiers and Machine-gunners.

* Custom Vehicle Respawn System - A new vehicle respawn system has been created from scratch to allow the mission maker to customize to a greater extent how they want the respawn behavior of vehicles to work. They control the ability to declare respawn length, maximum number of respawns allowed (with infinite as an option) and an Abandonment toggle to have certain vehicles respawn if they are abandon (off by default).

* Various realism based toggles - The template allows a variety of realism based features to be turned on or off by changing a single variable. Some of these features are allowing only Pilot slots to fly aircraft, turning off parachutes and forcing transport helicopters to land for disembarking troops, Allowing only pilot slots to move Repair/Fuel/Ammo trucks to keep less desirable players from using them as transportation into the AO and various other features.

* Support for 3 teams - The template is capable of handling BLUFOR, OPFOR and Independent in the same mission allowing for 3-way battles. If you design a mission with 3 teams it is still capable of being played with any two teams.

So does the above sound good? The download below contains two versions of the template. One version is for missions on Sara and the other on Sara-Lite. Be sure to go through the readme file in the zip for assistance on setting up the mission the way you want.

Please report any bugs you find. I'll be sure to include a version number of the zip files to make it easy to distinguish which version you have.

ftp://the-citadel.us/arma/missions/C&H_Template_v0.75.zip

Here is a sample mission made with the Template that has all 3 teams battling for control of Ortego. It contains an asymmetric design with each team having different advantages & disadvantages.

ftp://the-citadel.us/arma....ite.pbo

Thanks to Armaholic for a mirror for all files:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3607

* Thanks to Tactician for his creation of the WGL C&H Template where I learned the fundamentals of C&H scripting

* Thanks to Mandoble for his No-Radar script that is used as a feature in this template.

* Thanks to Joel for his technical assistance in troubleshooting.

Changes from 0.74 to 0.75

- Organized C&H system scripts into a sub-folder to keep them separate from other mission scripts the user might use. Be sure to call the init file in the subfolder to start those scripts. I've created an init.sqf in the mission folder with just this call in it.

- Added default units for the resistance side to both templates to save time for mission creators.

- Set units to playable by default in the SaraLite template to save time for mission creators.

- Updated the Loadouts.sqf with more player classes to keep users from having to add them if they wish to use those classes.

- Updated Credits to include references for Tactician and Mandoble

Very nice! Someone needs to make a mission pack using this template. Some reliable, fun, simple ideas here. Honestly, I haven't played a good CH since tacticians CH maps in ofp.

I've created a handful so far. I'll put together a pack once there's a decent amount.

Also, thanks to the following clans and squads for helping us (Rock's Raiders) test out the Ortego-3 Way map:

1-8th Marines

506th PIR

9th ID

Cerberus5

SEALZ

USMC-Warriors

Sounds really nice. smile_o.gif

Do you have like regular session where you are playing it?

Great job, hope to find some good missions using this template out there, the feature list is very interesting smile_o.gif .

cool smile_o.gif

btw were DK and RR friends in the past?

You know I am playing in DK right now and we could get a proper

match going, if there is no bad blood among both.

Great stuff. The three way map is working good. Still looking forward to try it in full scale with many players. Im allready starting to work on a C&H myself using this template.

UNA Walker

This is a nice concept..I really like it!! may just use it for a GWL-MIW battle!! Very good work strango!!

Regards,

Iceman

Great stuff. The three way map is working good. Still looking forward to try it in full scale with many players. Im allready starting to work on a C&H myself using this template.

UNA Walker

We tested it on a good server with 30 people playing (10 per side) and it runs well.

I updated the first post with version 0.75 of the template.

For those of you who have started missions already do not worry as there are not any bug fixes or new features in the release so no need to update your WIP missions.

The changes deal with accessibility and organizational improvement suggestions I have received. Detailed change-list provided in first post.

Thanks for the update!

Strango what time you are usually playing?

Matches have normally been around 9pm Central Standard Time. I know that isn't very Euro friendly.

Thanks for the Templete Strango!  notworthy.gif

I have put an Avangi version up on our public server!

Just filter 19th  smile_o.gif

Twas just a quick edit so  wink_o.gif

links broken, any chance to update it?

The Armaholic link is still working.  I will let Strango know about the other link being broken when he comes back from a trip.

Cool got it now!

I got a question, at the moment you need to stay inside the zone to have it and once you leave it goes back. Im wondering which file and line should i change to dont force it to go back. Couldnt find any settings in readme to change sad_o.gif

EDIT: Problem solved smile_o.gif