Sign in to follow this  
HeinBloed

GDTModHellfire

GDTModHellfire.jpg

This Addon changes the AH1 Hellfire missile.

- Auto lock on on vehicles (IRLock) deaktivated. There are two fire modes for the Hellfire:

1. Manual control by the gunner.

2. Laser-Seeker for lock on on Laser Designator targets. Activation via action menue. Usable as gunner and pilot.

- Reduced missile smoke.

- Clear gunner Optic.

- Higher zoom for gunner Optic.

Hint:

- You can lock a Laser Designator target with Laser-Seeker OFF. But in this case the missile can not decide between manual control and laser target.

- A pilot who does not have a gunner can fire the Hellfire on manual mode too. But this is really not easy, because the missile will be steered by the AH1's gun direction.

This Addon is client side only.

Required:

- Armed Assault 1.14.

- Extended Event Handlers (XEH) by Solus and Killswitch v1.7

Knowing bugs:

Smoke for all missiles and rockets reduced (There is only one missile/rocket smoke effekt in ArmA).

AH1 with AI pilot and AI gunner does use the Hellfire only on Laser Designator targets.

Changelog 1.01

===========================

Fixed: Laser-Seeker sound and optical signal where still running after leaving vehicle.

YouTube Video

GDTModHellfire 1.01 (23 kB)

ePrison.de mirror

Honestly i think you should keep the IR Lock on the Hellfires as that's how they use them, they arn't like TOW's which are controlled by camera point

This addon is simulating the laser homing version of the hellfire, which most of the hellfires are. The missile is locked on a reflected laser beam which is be controled by the gunner of the aircraft. So the operation is similarly to the TOW.

This is one nice little addon i was missing the whole time in ArmA.

I was testing it right now. Great Addon! smile_o.gif

p.S.: i find out this addon dont work with truemodsgameplay. hellfire rockets never hit a designadet target. confused_o.gif

A good addon.

If you want an alternative you should try Mando Missiles. Can do this and much more.

[TAO] Kremator

Nice addon, thank you.

One thing: If you turn on the laser seeker and jump out, you still get the blinking "LASER SEEKER" and the sound.

It should turn off, if you have to jump out of the vehicle.

And is there a chance that I can shoot the missile at anything(e.g. a building), without the need of a "target that.." from my pilot?

MfG Lee

@Lee,

thank you for the information.

I've fixed this error. The link in the first post is updated for the new version.

There are only two things to consider:

If you fire the hellfire in a too large angle in relation to the helicopter, or if you move the crosshair to fast, the missile will get out of control.

There is no need for a "target that.." from your pilot. You can shoot the hellfire whenever you want and on every target you want.

The video has got a bad quality. In the last seconds i fire two missiles on a T72 wich hides behind a wall. The first missile has destroyed the wall, the second has destroyed the T72.

Thanks for the update!

I will try with a lower angle.

EDIT: It wasn't the angle, it was a conflict with another addon:

- truegameplay-weapon-missilecontrolandstability.pbo

Very good work Hein!

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

I also think that you should keep the IR Lock on the Hellfires because and even if the Hellfire does follow laser point aimed at something, helicopters such as the AH-1Z or the Apache do have autotrack modes in which the optical sensor that aims the laser is aimed into the termal image of the target and that optical sensor will automatically keep itself aimed into the target (without the need of manual aiming from the gunner). So far the best way and the easiest way to simulate an autotrack mode in ArmA is IMO to keep the IR lock active for Hellfires.

gameplay > realism

Very nice addition HeinBloed thumbs-up.gif

Excellent work.

I've only an amateur question: It's not supposed the hellfire trajectory is parabolic and reaches the target from above?.

Maybe it's impossible to simulate this in ArmA keeping a good balance between gameplay and realism. I think.

Anyway this addon is very useful. Thank you Heinbloed.

It is. It is only way more complex. Check Mandoble's project for it. wink_o.gif

At first, very nice Addon! We made a very long hit and run Mission with Infantry which gives the Helo Laser Designated targets. Awesome!!

Question:

Is it possible to make it work with Mapfact Ah64A?

That would be very very nice!

Cheers

Alex

what about EH backwards compa for older XEH? smile_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Error in expression <;_this execVM "\GDTModHellfire\Init.sqf"_this execVM "\ZGB_VLD\ZGB_VLD.sqf";>

Error position: <_this execVM "\ZGB_VLD\ZGB_VLD.sqf";>

Error Missing;

_this execVM "\GDTModHellfire\Init.sqf"

_this execVM "\GDTModHellfire\Init.sqf";

Thanks. smile_o.gif

PS: XAM 1.5 seems to used outdated XEH..

Hello,

I've found how to use the follow method (easy you could say :d) but i don't realy understand how to use the laser-designator method.

Someone could help me