Sign in to follow this  
BLSmith2112

Icons not appearing for west.

The icon's for the Light Factory do not display for west and soldier icons do not display for ether team.

40842401au7.jpg

The mission file: Download

The mission requires many addons and I have not compiled a list as yet. But if you can simply look at the scripts and see whats causing this problem, I would really appreciate it.

rofl.gif Thats the same error I'm getting. For the life of me I coulnd't figure it out, I have been spending 3 days trying to get this dma thing figured out, so finnaly I just reverted to the original back up... I'm afraid thats what you might have to do also if no one else can answer this question of ours.

It's interesting because even Rommel's version has this issue.

I feel as if the problem isn't inside the "Config_AITeams.sqs" file as I tried comparing a working version of Warfare with mine and couldn't see any differences. At least in the wordpads, I never actually opened Warfare 1.0 or 1.1 to see if they displayed as I assumed the official version(s) worked.

Rommel's too has no icons (at least for the soldiers on East/West). I spent a few hours of the total 14 hours I spent editing these wordpads with my "no-knowledge" approach to these scripts and its been nothing but a huge headache.

Well I believe the original warfare developers left out the soldier icons for some odd reason as they are the same with other mods:

westBarracksImages = _i,

Every soldier has an icon defined in the Config_Barracks.sqs file:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_i = _i + ["\Ca\characters\data\Ico\i_null_CA.paa"]

Which obviously indicates that each soldier has an icon, except the icon is blank. So would this mean that i_null_ca.paa needs to be replaced with [“\warfare\Images\barracks.paaâ€]?

I'm still trying to figure out how they determine the path structure as when I add the correct path to an icon (like say the datsun_mg) the icon shows on the hummer option of the depot, while the hummer icon shows on the "repair" option... doesn't make sense when I know I put the correct path on the datsun and not on the hummer when they both say they have their indicated icon paths correct...

crazy_o.gif

Yea I guess I'll just use some other images to simulate it.

--Edit after about 50 minutes I fixed the light factory icons and used a single .paa file to represent the infantry for both sides (it's better than no icon at all).