Sign in to follow this  
JACN

Helos glass cockpit armor mod

Hi all,

Is there any mod that adds some armor to the glass cockpit of the Cobra and BlackHawk?.

AFAIK, the real Cobra cockpit glass is more than 4 inches thick so could stand even 20 mm canon rounds.

Also, the Black Hawk cockpit is (in theory) 7.62 mm rounds bullet-proof.

In the game both aircrafts glasses seem to have the same armor as the Little Bird confused_o.gif

Thanks,

Alvaro

I'm going to include increased armored glass values for all helicopters in the next version of my Addon (see my signature for the forum link). There's also a lot of other stuff included and I hope to be able to bring forth a working static SPG-9 AT recoilless rifle (thanks to Dalai Lamar's help). Cant tell you how long it will still take but if I had to guess... 1 week

I'm going to include increased armored glass values for all helicopters in the next version of my Addon (see my signature for the forum link). There's also a lot of other stuff included and I hope to be able to bring forth a working static SPG-9 AT recoilless rifle (thanks to Dalai Lamar's help). Cant tell you how long it will still take but if I had to guess... 1 week

Ok, thanks Karaya1!. Those´re very good news yay.gif

Regards

Alvaro

i dunno if i like that the cockpit glass would be increased 4 times the strenght cause its a very important game play thing to aim for the cockpit tounge2.gif

AFAIK, the real Cobra cockpit glass is more than 4 inches thick so could stand even 20 mm canon rounds.

Hi there...

Even if BIS's choppers do need some improvement regarding survivability, I don't think increasing the cockpit armor would be a good solution. And I highly doubt that a Cobra has 4 inches (10 cm) of bullet proof plexiglass.

Malick

4 inches thick!!! That's funny. rofl.gif

Plexiglass, bud.

The frontal cockpit has a flat plate glass of near 5 inches...I don´t see the joke pistols.gif

Closing. Use the addon request thread.