.kju

OAC (OFP ArmA Conversion)

Can you please tell us the mission name.

Please post bugs here: OAC bugtracker

You don't have to register and you can post as anonymous user. wink_o.gif

Would it be possible to convert THobson's Abandoned Armies mission?

Best mission for OFP in my opinion.

Like Q already said, Abandoned armies is very complex with a million of scripts that maybe needs to be converted.

In addition to that, Abandoned armies works a lot with objectIDs and as you might know working with objectIDs is now a lot different then like it was in OFP.

That said, you need to place a gamelogic at every position where the according objectID was in OFP. No matter what island you use, CWR Malden or something else - the objectIDs are no more the same then they were in OFP.

Finally to solve this you have to run ArmA and OFP at the same time, checking the location of an objectID in OFP, remember the location and place a GL on the ArmA map.

You might already figure how much work that means if only 10 objectIDs have been used. And IIRC THobson used a lot of objectIDs in that mission.

I'm not saying it's not possible but it would require a lot of time to convert that mission over, be it OAC, P'85 or CWR.

This goes for all missions making excessive use of objectIDs.

Is it possible to get this running with the CWR Demo addons as I keep getting a CTD whenever I try to run it with CWR?

It runs fine with Arma using other addons, just not CWR.

Quote[/b] ]Like Q already said, Abandoned armies is very complex with a million of scripts that maybe needs to be converted.

In addition to that, Abandoned armies works a lot with objectIDs and as you might know working with objectIDs is now a lot different then like it was in OFP.

That said, you need to place a gamelogic at every position where the according objectID was in OFP. No matter what island you use, CWR Malden or something else - the objectIDs are no more the same then they were in OFP.

Finally to solve this you have to run ArmA and OFP at the same time, checking the location of an objectID in OFP, remember the location and place a GL on the ArmA map.

You might already figure how much work that means if only 10 objectIDs have been used. And IIRC THobson used a lot of objectIDs in that mission.

I'm not saying it's not possible but it would require a lot of time to convert that mission over, be it OAC, P'85 or CWR.

This goes for all missions making excessive use of objectIDs.

Of course, object id's! How could I forget? I remember people having problems with Abandoned Armies when they used vegetation replacements as that changed all object id's.

Thanks for the answers.

objects ID is kinda nasty yeah.

If you only have a few and know the objects you can set

gamelogic / marker or sth and use

[position] nearTargets objectID (different in the ArmA converted

islands to OFP island IDs)

@stun:

Thanks for the report. I will look into it.

PS: Expect an update of the OAC_compatibility addon tonight to

fix a few issues. smile_o.gif

Well, you obviously need to convert the absolutely stunning Retaliation campaign by those russian dudes. biggrin_o.gif But that's a given, of course.

Nice work Q!

Regards,

Wolfrug

Yeah Retaliation is on the top of the list. However permission is needed first .. wink_o.gif

As a Consumer, I would like to thank you for this excellent add on.

notworthy.gif

hehe - glad you like it murkz smile_o.gif

It has just begun. xmas_o.gif

2008-07-30 patch

ofp_compatibility_addon_2008-07-30

Changelog

[*] Fixed: Error of missing M2StaticMGE class

[*] Added: A few missing weapon and magazines classes

[*] Fixed: Placing mines, satchels and other bombs now works

[*] Fixed: Content of ammo boxes. They now have correct content according to OFP definitions

[*] Fixed: Magazines use for weapons. You can now use the fitting magazine for the corresponding weapons.

How to update

Download the pbo and overwrite the old ofp_compatibility_addon.pbo.

Thanks Q thumbs-up.gif

I hope that many OFP missions will follow from the community. Meanwhile, the campaign and the SP missions are big fun inlove.gif

I will check my OFP installation for some missions to be run on the OAC installation including bugtracker posts smile_o.gif

Can the OFP addons be added to this?

Just tried and original OFP CTF map and west flag was there but no russian flag and also no ammo in east commamder gun although it was in the inventery when looking at gear map in question where these 2  (2-8_T_CaptureTheFlag3.noe.pbo)

(2-8_T_CaptureTheFlag1.EDEN.pbo)

also had some error message come when i scored the west flag at russian flag base.

This is brilliant notworthy.gif Thank you very much! Can't wait for details of how to convert missions myself.EDIT= just downloaded the ofp_compatibility_addon.pbo. and replaced the old one with it,thing is though the old one is the same as this new one! I downloaded the demo on the 28th! When did you make the new repacement compatibility addon?

@(FPC) Bacon: Can you please upload the map and link it here.

The compatibilty addon will be always WIP as missing OFP classes

of addons or mods will be added. smile_o.gif

@action man:

The update was made was made on 30th. Size: 242 KB (247.871 Bytes)

Originial version: 223 KB (228.521 Bytes)

As Yoma has released his new version the OAC YomaTools server

will be up very soon and updating will work via his great tool! smile_o.gif

I try to finish the documentation in the coming days!

Keep in mind that my tool will have a forever beta status biggrin_o.gif

That said it does what it should do most of the time biggrin_o.gif

The caching features are completely optional so anyone having trouble with them can simply disable them.

Thank`s for the update.

While i somehow missed the ULOTC Campaign for OFP i can play it with ArmA now. smile_o.gif

Will be fun to give some of the other old missions a try for sure.

@action man:

The update was made was made on 30th. Size: 242 KB (247.871 Bytes)

Originial version: 223 KB (228.521 Bytes)

Dohh sorry my bad inlove.gif Yes just double checked @oac folder were i extracted to! Winrar made another addon folder inside,(or somthing lol)imust have done it twice crazy_o.gif Anyway sorry for complicating it!

This things great xmas_o.gif. it makes me realise just how good A.A is! Untill the latest patch A.A was unplayable for me due to f.p.s! Iv'e started playing the game since then.Now to be able to switch textures for the old o.f.p islands without a lot of work is fantastic.Also it's so easy with A.A to be able to change unit's and vehicles ect on the fly via mod shortcut's it's a dream come true. In o.f.p i had to make individual configs to do this  notworthy.gif thank you very much

I tried opening the compatability addon up to see if I could make any sense of it, and failed miserably.

There's all the Vilas addons for 80's US and Soviet infantry, M1 tanks, and Bradley IFV's, as well as the UKF chinook and Mapfact Apaches, would it be very difficult to work all these addons in?

Maybe make some kind of standard addon list for OAC that can be updated as new higher-quality addons are released. Here's my idea for something like that, if anybody has the config know-how and spare time to create the conversion:

Vilas addons, from the Vibi abrams and Bradley to the '85 US Army and Soviet addons.

Mapfact Apache addon (Green) and Chinook addon.

RHS Soviet Armor retextures

RKSL Hind

That would at least make a lot of the missions more atmospheric, give it that cold war feeling.

I'd really like to see some of the dynamic missions converted,

dynamic afghanistan, libya et al. i'd ask for the Tonal stuff too, but that might be pushing it.

great addon, simply fantastic.

I'm getting two errors, probably misplaced or unuseable files.

BAS Cargo requires 1.91 of application

and

include file catintro\CATintro\cfgWorlds.hpp not found

how can i fix this?

@(FPC) Bacon:

Thanks mate. Expect an update tomorrow!

@gsleighter

Patience .. a little more ... xmas_o.gif

@igor7111

Igor don't forget that you would need those islands as well.

From what I know BAS won't convert Tonal and not permission

is given to let other people do it. In addition the more addons

an island uses the harder the conversion process.

About your two error messages: The current compatibility PBO

is mainly supports CWC at this point. Resistance and WGL to

a large degree.

Not yet any BAS addons.

Snake Man converted CATintro though. Not sure if he converted

it that way to have the same island extension.

Only made a quick test - nice idea to bring back OFP into new world of ArmA. Sadly only a few terrain textures have a proper look.

Played mission found a little conversion bug:

- change ArmA "MP5A5" in "MP5SD" that weapon fit more to OFP HK.

- change OFP unit officer into ArmA team leader or squad leader wink_o.gif

Snake Man converted CATintro though. Not sure if he converted it that way to have the same island extension.

Its identical to the original v1.2 as far as missions are concerned.

NoRailGunner - You might try Grass05 if you haven't already, looks the best on Nogova, Malden, and okay on the other two, IMO.