.kju

OAC (OFP ArmA Conversion)

Don't know why, but i cant see the campagins when i load the mod, here you have what i load:

C:\xxxx\ArmA\arma.exe -mod=cwr;@ACE-Islands;x\oac\oac_replacements_cwr;x\oac\oac_core; -nosplash

Am i making something wrong? please, help....

damn hell i had an impossible time getting this to work earlier. hope it is easier this time as you guys seem to have done a sterling job!

@ACE-Islands;

This is indicating that you are using an old version of ACEIP.

Please check your version here:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ACE:IslandPack

Did you check if you have a 1985 or resistance folder in

.\arma\campaigns?

@twisted

Never seen you asking for support. ;)

Basically its install YAS, download all, load modfolders.

Should be doable I guess. Especially if people would read the extensive

docu on the BIKI page:

DownloadAndPlay

Asking and support is for free, yet not wasted here. :D

T

@twisted

Never seen you asking for support. ;)

Basically its install

Asking and support is for free, yet not wasted here. :D

look a few posts above yours mate - those are my posts asking for support right there. Anyway i am not bitter just enthusiastic. great job! :cool:

Brilliant mod thank very much for making it. But I have a problem with the Resistance campaign conversion. I have Operation flashpoint GOTY (witch ,of course, means I have CWC, Resistance and Red Hammer.) I can download the CWC conversion just fine but when I try to download the resistance conversion it tells me "Operation Flashpoint Resistance is not installed. You are not allowed to use the OAC Operation Flashpoint Resistance campaign conversion." Please help.

look a few posts above yours mate - those are my posts asking for support right there. Anyway i am not bitter just enthusiastic. great job! :cool:

works perfectly! off to play!

Thanks for the feedback. :)

@Delta3800

Sorry I forgot about that!

Are you familiar with the registry? If so, can you please check, if there is a registry

entry for GOTY/Reistance. It seems to be at a different place.

If not, I will try to find out myself. If there is no separate key, they check for CWC key

will have to do.

So in other words an update of the RES installer will be out soon to fix the check no matter what.

I've installed YAS and downloaded all files. I've also downloaded the aceip pack. The only problem I have now, is that the campaigns do not show up in the campaigns screen!

My arma.exe parameters are:

arma.exe -mod=x\oac\oac_optional_cwc_res_music;@aceip;x\oac\oac_core

I havent installed OFP CWC and Resistance. Must those games be installed for this OAC to work?

Edited by KingNL
addition to post

Hi, im here to report same problem as the 2 posters above me. Just installed usin yoma's tools few hours ago and i cant see the campaigns anywhere. Looks like a problem with latest campaign filess to me as it seems to affect only people who downloaded it lately. (note that i have all the campaign pbos in my campaign folder along with arma originals and they seem to be ok - desription.ext is there so it should work, but ingame i can only see my original AA campaign and QG if i load it)

D:\hry\ArmA\beta\arma.exe -nosplash -mod=CWR;x\oac\oac_replacements_cwr;@PJ;x\oac\oac_optional_cwc_res_music;@aceip;x\oac\oac_core

my startup (note that @PJ is definetaly causing no harm, as ive tried removing it, its only my persoal small addon)

Thank for the work nontheless C02:battlefield rules :yay:

and sry for my english

Edit: I also tried firing a completely vanilla arma to ensure this is not caused by any addon. the campaigns should appear there, but no luck so far

Edited by PJ[CZ]
more info

I think there is a file called "OFP compatability addon". You can find it on the OAC homepage. Open it and it says you are required to install OFP and Res if you want o play these campaigns in OAC-ArmA. Perhaps is a "proof of ownership" thing, I don't know.

I have legitimate copies of OFP and Res, but I don't want to waste precious hard disk space on my notebook. Does anybody know whether OFP:R can be deleted after verification?

Ok, i tried installing ofp + resistance and that didnt help to show the campaigns, than i searched and installed the ofp_compatibility_addon.pbo, (there was no radme what so ever so i simply put that into general addons folder), that didnt help either :( Am i missing something? Can anyone who downloaded the files today (22.04.2009) confirm he can play the campaigns?

:cry2:

EDIT: FOUND IT

dont know if that will work for the other ppl having this issue, but i tried unpboing the campaigns and simply put them in a folder instead of a pbo and BOOM here we go.

CWC campaign is so sweet in arma engine, thanks again guys

Edited by PJ[CZ]

Sorry to hear your trouble guys. :(

@KingNL

I've installed YAS and downloaded all files. I've also downloaded the aceip pack. The only problem I have now, is that the campaigns do not show up in the campaigns screen!

My arma.exe parameters are:

arma.exe -mod=x\oac\oac_optional_cwc_res_music;@aceip;x\oac\oac_core

I havent installed OFP CWC and Resistance. Must those games be installed for this OAC to work?

Did you download and install the CWC and RES campaign separately from the filebase?

To be able to install them, you need OFP/Resistance installed. See more in the FAQ.

Sorry this is a requirement from Marek (BI) to OAC. Nothing we can change.

Also what files or folders are in your .\arma\campaigns folder currently?

@alpha-kilo

Does anybody know whether OFP:R can be deleted after verification?

You only need OFP CWC/RES installed during the installation of the OAC conversions.

You can safely delete OFP again after that.

If you are technical, to have the MAIN key for OFP/RES in the registry is only needed.

However you may want to copy the voices files from OFP CWC/RES to the

OAC conversion first. See the FAQ for a step by step guide.

@PJ[CZ]

What campaign are you talking about - the CWC/RES or other OAC campaign conversions?

So PBO version did not work, and unpacked does? :butbut:

kju: "So PBO version did not work, and unpacked does? "

Thats exactly my case m8. I downloaded the CWC and RES campaigns from the filebase and they are in a folder dePBOed. They work like a charm, however i couldnt see the other campaigns downloaded via Yomas tools (like ULOTC). So i dePBOed them aswell and now they work. Really weird if u ask me, but i can live with that and as long as no1 other has this issue i guess there is some problem between the chair and pc on my part. Thanks again

@Delta3800

Sorry I forgot about that!

Are you familiar with the registry? If so, can you please check, if there is a registry

entry for GOTY/Reistance. It seems to be at a different place.

All I found was this for GOTY...

Key Name: HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-303044869-3398342025-1382563955-1000\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2\{aae18b61-39c3-11dd-a9b0-806e6f6e6963}\_Autorun\DefaultIcon

Class Name: <NO CLASS>

Last Write Time: 4/21/2009 - 5:57 PM

Value 0

Name: <NO NAME>

Type: REG_SZ

Data: D:\data\flashpoint_goty.ico

And all I found having to do with resistance were some registries for the 1.96 patch.

But I really don't know what I'm looking for (or looking at :confused: ) so I don't think I can be of much help... sorry.

P.S. Please tell me if I shouldn't have my registry info posted publicly lol :o

@ PJ[CZ]

Thanks for the info! I will try to verify that.

@ Delta3800

Thanks for the search! The info is not harmful to share.

From our tests there is no special key for resistance in the GOTY version.

I guess we will make a check for OFP only for the OAC resistance conversion. :bounce3:

OAC 2009-04-23 is out.

* Fixed: OAC RES installer only requires OFP/GOTY.

* Fixed: Community campaign also visible as PBO.

* Minor fixed.

Check the OAC Roadmap.

* Get the latest OAC CWC/RES campaign version via the filebase.

* Update OAC altogether via YAS.

Also make sure to use the superb SAP Everon by Acè!

:bounce3:

PS: It would be nice if someone could tell news site about the update,

so that they can update their news.

Working on the NSIS exe installer now. ;)

Edited by kju

(With an account?) you can browse the OAC repository. Works very nicely.

HAHA! It works perfectly now. Thank you very much for taking the time to fix this problem.

Here we go, kju (posted at armedassault.info comments), I had lost my old Troska face so I had to start over. So far Troska and Gabe are done (Troska needs a light nose job though and blue eyes, didn't change the last one yet as I prefer him with brown eyes :p ), Stoyan will need some further work as the original paa file has a pretty bad quality.

I also got the pbo to work, so the only thing that need to be changed for the faces to work would be to rename some lines in the description.ext of the campaign file (stock arma faces interfere with the old ofp classes) to the new classnames I chose.

Gabe and Troska

faces.jpg

edit:

The four horsemen :292: (Troska, Geronimo, Guba, Gabe)

faces3.jpg

Should have resistance faces (just Stoyan and Gastovski missing if I'm correct) finished tomorrow

Edited by Icewindo

Looking good :yay:

Oooh, memories pop up, when I saw them the first time on my rig :bounce3:

Excellent job Icewindo :bounce3:

Very much looking forward to em!

I think easily adapt the faces definition of the description.ext OR

redefine the standard face in cfgFaces formerly assigned to the OFP characters.

You should contact CWR as well. Maybe they have converted the faces

themselves. If not, they are probably very interested as well. :)

Thanks :) , Ok, here are the faces... just don't get to close, the noses still need some work and for some, the side of the face. But I'm fine with it, they work well in cutscenes, so I'm off to play now :yay: , feel free to adjust the faces.

http://files.filefront.com/ResFaces7z/;13658321;/fileinfo.html

Edited by Icewindo

Nice work Icewindo, the faces look great!

Oh and kju, congratulations on getting shortlisted for the arma awards!